Thread: Barkov offer

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Barkov offer

Hey guys,

This owner is really wanted Barkov. We gone back and forth. I have even posted a couple times about Barkov. But this is the lastest offer his sent me which has me thinking. Could use your guys help.

My Barkov, 1st (12th pick), 2nd (17th pick) FOR his Barzal, 1st (3rd pick), 3rd (33rd pick)

My stats and Categories in my signature.
    12 team keeper, Keep 7 players, H2H. Categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    C: Matthews, Barkov, Mackinnon, Horvat
    LW: Draisaitl, Bertuzzi, Nelson, Hertl, Arvidsson
    RW: Pastrnak, Rantanen, Atkinson,
    D: Ekholm, Suter, Klefbom, Provorov
    G: Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Barkov offer

Not a bad offer. Is there something specific you're trying to address with this deal though?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have been a huge Barzal fan, think the kid could be top end talent.

But each year we only can keep 1 Goalie max. So there are a few good goalies in the draft each year. Which I believe having a top end 2nd goalie helps you win leagues. So getting the 3rd overall pick would pretty much insure me of getting a goalie. Where the 12th overal pick probably won’t get me a good goalie.

I’m also sitting tied for 1st this year as of right now.

Dobber Sports Star

I agree with Eskimo's question. Why do this other than the satisfaction of making a trade? If you're to deal Barkov in a league where you keep 7, I'd want the replacement for Barkov to be noticeably better in order to make a move. Shuffling picks probably wouldn't move the needle for me unless it was so obvious that you'd be getting a 2019-2020 benefit. And I'm not sure that the pick swap described above fulfills that description.

Edit: you've explained that the difference between pick 3 and pick 12 is a usable goalie. If you're a contender and that 2nd goalie makes a big difference in your results, then I can justify making the move.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeykid16 View Post
    I have been a huge Barzal fan, think the kid could be top end talent.

But each year we only can keep 1 Goalie max. So there are a few good goalies in the draft each year. Which I believe having a top end 2nd goalie helps you win leagues. So getting the 3rd overall pick would pretty much insure me of getting a goalie. Where the 12th overal pick probably won’t get me a good goalie.

I’m also sitting tied for 1st this year as of right now.
    You reject the deal.

Barzal is a downgrade on Barkov for the rest of season. Don't make moves for the future when battling for now. Tell him you'll revisit in the summer.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You really think Barzal is a downgrade to Barkov for the next 20 or so games?

Dobber Sports Giant

I think this would be a good trade for you IF you were getting inside the top two picks for some Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko action. Dylan Cozens isn't in the same stratosphere imo, despite being supremely talented. I would probably just keep Barkov. The difference between #3 and #12 is minimal in this crop.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I think this would be a good trade for you IF you were getting inside the top two picks for some Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko action. Dylan Cozens isn't in the same stratosphere imo, despite being supremely talented. I would probably just keep Barkov. The difference between #3 and #12 is minimal in this crop.
    In a 12-team, keep 7, I don't think it's just prospects available with the picks
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Correct it’s not just prospect. As it’s a limited keeper there will be some good players as goalies sitting at 3rd overall

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Not a bad offer. Is there something specific you're trying to address with this deal though?
    Knowing that the pick could be a very good player/goalie. What are you thoughts of the trade now?

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think Barkov put up more points in your format over the remainder of the seaon. I would stand pat. I always play for win now if I am in the running.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeykid16 View Post
    Hey guys,

This owner is really wanted Barkov. We gone back and forth. I have even posted a couple times about Barkov. But this is the lastest offer his sent me which has me thinking. Could use your guys help.

My Barkov, 1st (12th pick), 2nd (17th pick) FOR his Barzal, 1st (3rd pick), 3rd (33rd pick)

My stats and Categories in my signature.
    If he really wants Barkov, make the deal after the season - I think he'll still want him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You reject the deal.

Barzal is a downgrade on Barkov for the rest of season. Don't make moves for the future when battling for now. Tell him you'll revisit in the summer.
    Exactly. Too many fantasy players focus on the future rather than the now when they have the opportunity to win a championship. And you said yourself he really wants Barkov, so make him pay. I wouldn’t be downgrading my team when I have a chance to win because the opposing manger wants one of my players.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think it's an offer you can work from, but since he's the one after Barkov, I'd make him pay.

I'd consider both players to be right around a PPG assets so it's just whoever you prefer between the two. Make him give 2 upgraded picks so it sways the deal in your favour. (his 1st & 2nd for yours, or something similar)

As for losing points ROS, I think we're talking like 3-4 points... If it's a tight race for 1st maybe stick with what you have, but if there's a little cushion I'd pull the trigger.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby