Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gusev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Gusev

Hes still available in my league, we also just changed the rookie eligibility rules in our league taking out the age requirement so Gusev is now considered a rookie until 175 NHL games (if he comes over).

Is he worth a spot over my current rookies? We are only allowed to keep 10. I currently would have to make some cuts. Who would you drop to be able to keep Gusev (if any)

Comtois
    Denisenko
    Batherson
    Kase
    Kravtsov
    Tuch
    Brannstrom
    Fox
    Jokiharju
    Toews
    Shesterkin
    Demko
    Fantrax: 7 keepers - Goals, Assists, PPP, Hits, Blocks, Shots, +/-, PM, Wins, Shutouts.

Forwards: McDavid, Guentzel, A. Svechnikov, B Tkachuk

Defense: Hamilton, Carlson, Chychrun

Goalies: ​Swayman

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Gusev

Im also interested to hear about Gusev. Has there been any news of him coming over?
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    Categories: G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    C - Crosby | Trocheck | Backstrom | Danault | Aho
    LW - Marchessault | Hertl
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    | Meier | Pavelski | Puljujarvi
    D - Ristolainen | Zadorov | C. Murphy
    | | Trouba | Edmundson | Giordano
    G -
    Fleury | Saros | Markström
    IR: Zucker
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dobber Sports Padawan

Still no news on if he's coming or not. I mentioned in the other thread that McPhee talked to him and said it was a good meeting, but he still has no idea what Gusev is going to do. I'd wager a guess that IF he decides to come, it's because he was pretty much guaranteed a spot in their top 6. Just my thoughts.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Good article from Russian Prospects on Twitter today this predicts with 75% certainty that Gusev will come to the NHL and be given Top 6 minutes.

Dobber Sports Titan

I would cut Kase and Toews, then drop Schwartz and bump Tuch up to your main squad. Then you have room to add Gusev.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would cut Kase and Toews, then drop Schwartz and bump Tuch up to your main squad. Then you have room to add Gusev.
    Seconded

Dobber Sports Icon

Why would people be suggesting to drop Jaden Schwartz in order to add a guy that MIGHT come to the NHL and be a 27 year old rookie? That makes no sense.

Schwartz is 26 years old (2 weeks older than Gusev) and is coming off a season in which he had 59 points in 62 games. He has 25 points in 45 games this season with a 4% shooting percentage. His career average is 3 times higher.

Let's remember that Gusev has never played an NHL game and leading the KHL in scoring is not exactly a good predictor of NHL success. Kovalchuk had more points than Gusev last season and he has 28 points in 49 games this season. NHL rejects such as Brandon Bochenski and Nigel Dawes have been top 5 scorers in the KHL in recent seasons.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Why would people be suggesting to drop Jaden Schwartz in order to add a guy that MIGHT come to the NHL and be a 27 year old rookie? That makes no sense.

Schwartz is 26 years old (2 weeks older than Gusev) and is coming off a season in which he had 59 points in 62 games. He has 25 points in 45 games this season with a 4% shooting percentage. His career average is 3 times higher.

Let's remember that Gusev has never played an NHL game and leading the KHL in scoring is not exactly a good predictor of NHL success. Kovalchuk had more points than Gusev last season and he has 28 points in 49 games this season. NHL rejects such as Brandon Bochenski and Nigel Dawes have been top 5 scorers in the KHL in recent seasons.
    Well, I think Schwartz is massively overrated and injury prone. He is entirely a product of how he is deployed. Schenn has moved onto LW1 now with Tank and ROR. STL's line 2 is not a great spot. Add in the facts that this is Schwartz' worst season and there are a handful of sizzling hot prospects nipping at his heels for TOI, and he is a strong pass for me.

For the record though, I would deal Schwartz and not drop him since he does have some trade value. If chuck was in my league I would get a 1st rounder for him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

or you look at it as dropping Kase to add Gusev & dropping Schwartz to call up Tuch
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    or you look at it as dropping Kase to add Gusev & dropping Schwartz to call up Tuch
    That's how I was looking at it. Unless you can find a trade taker for Schwartz or a similar forward.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dont think Kase will have any value next season? He will still be rookie eligible after this season so hes essentially a free keep, same with Tuch. Toews i can drop.

Dobber Sports Jedi

well if you can slide Kase into a minors slot to open a roster slot - that's optimal
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Any clue about what kind of peripherals could Gusev have in NHL? Does he hit / take lots of penalties or shoot a lot?
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    Categories: G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    C - Crosby | Trocheck | Backstrom | Danault | Aho
    LW - Marchessault | Hertl
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    | Meier | Pavelski | Puljujarvi
    D - Ristolainen | Zadorov | C. Murphy
    | | Trouba | Edmundson | Giordano
    G -
    Fleury | Saros | Markström
    IR: Zucker
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Keppada View Post
    Any clue about what kind of peripherals could Gusev have in NHL? Does he hit / take lots of penalties or shoot a lot?
    No to hits and PIM (his career "high" is 12 PIM per season in the KHL). He's more of a playmaker than a goal-scorer but he does shoot a lot - he's just 5 shots behind the league lead this season.