Thread: Holtby or Carter Hart - ROS and 3 year

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Holtby or Carter Hart - ROS and 3 year

ROS and 3 year future, who you picking between Holtby & Carter Hart?

Their stats will be based on the team in front of them, but Holtby is still young too (28 i believe)..
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Holtby or Carter Hart - ROS and 3 year

Holtby will be 30 in September, so lots of tread left in those tires. His contract expires after next season, and I would anticipate that the Capitals would desire to promote Samsonov then, rather than extending Holtby for a significantly higher cost than Samsonov will cost on his ELC. Of course, the Capitals are in the business of winning, and with Ovechkin and Backstrom in their mid- and early-thirties, if Samsonov hasn't shown that he's ready to handle a starter's role by next summer, then Holtby is likely brought back. Even if he's not brought back, I would think that he would still be able to land a starting job somewhere else.

Carter Hart is here to stay with the Flyers, so there are no concerns there about his role with the team over the next three years.

As fun as it is to keep the hotshot young guy, I would lean toward Holtby if I were looking to win this year or next. If you aren't a real threat to win it, then Holtby could probably net you a strong return, and you keep Hart.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Holtby for the rest of the season and for next few years. Holtby has had a few rough seasons by his standards, but he was, and is, an elite goalie who is only 30 years old. I think he will find his game again.

I think Carter Hart looks to have a very promising career ahead of him, but I think it wise to always be a bit wary of young goalies in fantasy hockey leagues. That said, even if he becomes everything people hope he becomes, Holtby will still likely be the more valuable asset over the next 3 years IMO.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Immortal

Holtby this and next year. Hart becomes elite after that.

Dobber Sports Jedi

All Hart Baby
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think Holtby for the rest of this year, then it's very much dependent on what the Flyers do with the non-Hart goalie in the tandem.

The youngest, cheapest non-Hart option just left town, for a guy I expect they brought in specifically due to him being an older goalie, and also familiarity with Hart. They will have a veteran there, and we'll see how they want to run the tandem. I somewhat expect the Flyers to continue their penchant for veterans over youth in net.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.