View Poll Results: Which five goalies will have the most wins from 2019-20 through 2024-25?

Voters
118. This poll is closed
  • Jake Allen

0 0%
  • Frederick Andersen

87 73.73%
  • Jordan Binnington

9 7.63%
  • Ben Bishop

4 3.39%
  • Devan Dubnyk

4 3.39%
  • John Gibson

23 19.49%
  • Carter Hart

48 40.68%
  • Connor Hellbuyck

93 78.81%
  • Braden Holtby

16 13.56%
  • Martin Jones

10 8.47%
  • Robin Lehner

6 5.08%
  • Jacob Markstrom

6 5.08%
  • Matt Murray

23 19.49%
  • Carey Price

26 22.03%
  • Tuukka Rask

16 13.56%
  • David Rittich

7 5.93%
  • Juuse Saros

24 20.34%
  • Andrei Vasiveskiy

105 88.98%
  • None of the above

7 5.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Winningest goalies over the next five seasons

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Winningest goalies over the next five seasons

Now that the article is published, I'm going to ask the question that I immediately had when I saw this list, and the main reason I took "none of the above" in the poll.

Where is Sergei Bobrovsky? I know he's not signed past this year, but he's got more Vezinas than any other active player, and is only 30. Oldest goalie is 32.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Now that the article is published, I'm going to ask the question that I immediately had when I saw this list, and the main reason I took "none of the above" in the poll.

Where is Sergei Bobrovsky? I know he's not signed past this year, but he's got more Vezinas than any other active player, and is only 30. Oldest goalie is 32.
    It's a fair question. I thought that the teams which will be most likely to land him won't be the same who are best positioned to do well. Nevertheless, he still probably merited inclusion. My bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    PPS: I like the strategy of writing an article that requires follow up in 6 years. It reminds of the George Costanza "leave behind".
    Not to give away too much, but in that case you'll like the poll I'll be running next month too....
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Vasi, Hellebuyck, Andersen, Jones, and Rask.

Jones isnt great, but SJ seems committed to him and he wins games. Rask will get his 30+ year after year.

Price, Gibson, and Murray have too many injury questions IMO. And Hart is still too much of a ? for me.

So thats my list. Jones is an "eh" pick but even if he bounces back to league average i think he has a shot at a 40 win season or two.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hart sits in 4th spot after having played what, 20 NHL games? Wow, talk about recency bias.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Hart sits in 4th spot after having played what, 20 NHL games? Wow, talk about recency bias.
    Its not just Hart that is effected by recency bias in this poll... its all the top voted goalies.

Dobber Sports Icon

I went Anderson/Hellebuyck/Vasilevsky for all the obvious reasons, great young goalies on great young teams. These seem to be the no-brainers in the bunch.

I was torn between Holtby/Rask/Lehner for the last two spots. I ended up going Rask/Lehner but I hadn't realized that Holtby is actually the winningest goalie over the last 5 years. So I would remove my vote for Lehner and throw it to Holtby. I think Lehner is finally cementing himself among the top 10 goalies in the league on the Islanders, but I still like the Capitals and Bruins over that squad for the foreseeable future.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".