Thread: Zach Werenski (an upgrade?) - Waiver possibility

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Zach Werenski (an upgrade?) - Waiver possibility

Tightening up for the playoffs, is Zach an upgrade over my guys?

Cats: G, A, +-, PIMs, PPP, GWG

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Zach Werenski (an upgrade?) - Waiver possibility

How many at each position do you start every day?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Four d per day

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't think his value passes any of your Fs then, so it just depends on Ekholm. Bit of a coin flip but I may favour Weresnski.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ekholm has been a horse for me all season and big return on a late draft slot. But with josi pk healthy ya i get it.... Nash has low man games too my playoff weeks 8 vs 10/11 for some the others. It would be drop an existing d for him/ or move in a trade... figure its smart to roll with 5 d? Or eventually drop one for another forward?

Dobber Sports Titan

Depends how many F/Bench slots you have, but five D sounds about right in most start 4D setups.
    Those are pretty much the reasons I was leaning towards Werenski over Ekholm, but the former is a little more streaky. You're not exactly sure what you'll be getting.

Dobber Sports Sage

With your categories I'd lean Werenski over Ekholm as long as he has PP1 duties. It's quite close and I wouldn't fault you for staying with Ekholm (he will lead the way in plus/minus and take a few more penalties, he may even continue to outscore werenski). I only lean Werenski because he seems to be holding PP1 duties and Ekholm has virtually no shot at that, yet he continues to pile up points. Not so sure that's sustainable at the rate he's doing it without the power play time. Werenski gets about a minute more on the power play per game and I think that difference could increase over the final stretch. It's a close call though for sure.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

with 7 moves per week, I'd make the swap. worst case scenario, you start churning that spot to end of year
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4