Thread: Should I Trade Crosby?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Question Should I Trade Crosby?

I am in 9th place in my league. Well out of the playoff picture. I think it’s time for me to re tool.

I have been offered:

Timo Meier and Shane Gostisbehere

for

Sidney Crosby

We get 8 keepers in my league. These are my current options:

Matthews 5th
    Vas 12th
    Rielly 12th
    Chabot 18th
    Teravainen 13th
    Binnington 18th
    Zibanejad 18th

Then Ghost would be a 16th round keeper and Meier would be a 14th round keeper.

Should i I do it? Should I try to get picks as well?

Pick trading is allowed and out keepers do not elevate from year to year.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Should I Trade Crosby?

Not for that return. It's a big time keeper downgrade. Keep Crosby or you need a young for sure stud in return, he's not gonna fall off a cliff anytime soon.

Edit: sorry I missed that keepers were by round drafted. Which round would it cost you to keep Crosby? My bad.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Newbie

Sorry Crosby would be a 1st round keeper.
    League is 12 teams and 18 players per team.
    Stats are G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SHP, SOG.

Was thinking if I could get picks as well it might be worth it.

Dobber Sports Sage

If you can get a pick added and given the later rounds for ghost and Meier that's a reasonable return.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Big Daddy

I still think Crosby can fetch you a better return. If you are just starting to consider moving him now than I would think you haven’t really shopped him around yet. There is likely a better offer out there for you to cash in on.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm surprised no one has asked this yet.. What calibre of player could you expect to get if you freed up your 1st round pick? Are all of the top players taken, or are there elite options available in that round?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like dealing Crosby, especially to a team with more than one 1st round keeper, so one of them has to go back into the draft.

I also like the 2 guys you get at the keeper round price they cost, but you'll then have 9 guys with keepable values. I'm guessing the next step would be to shop Binnington if you end up with 9 guys you want to keep?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Honestly not too sure what type of player would be left in the draft if I did trade Crosby. This guy had traded his first rounder already. There should be some elite level players left to draft.

Yes i would then shop one of my of keepers. I know there is interest in Ghost so he would be shoppable or one of my other keepers could be shopped as well.

I guess im just not sure if what the best value is. Obviously Crosby for Ghost and Meier isn’t the best value. Just not sure what pick or picks should be added. I don’t believe this guy will give up any of his top few round picks.

Thanks for all your input.