Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Talbot to Philly

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: [RUMOR] Cam Talbot to PHI

If the oilers can get anything for Talbot they have to do it. This team can't afford to sign him after the Koskinen signing, no sense spending 8+ mil on mediocre goalies. I hope they pull this off, it will likely be their best trade in years...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports All-Star

Sure. Why not. Philly likes has beens.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Last time Fletcher got a goalies that struggled in Edmonton... he turned out to be a star... Dubnyk! But the Flyers don't have the same defensive system in place like when Fletcher acquired Dubnyk. And I know Dubnyk bounced around a bit before Fletcher got him... but still... just maybe!
    This is what kept popping into my mind too. Edmonton has been so dreadful, it's hard to just flat out write Talbot off. Let's at least see if he has anything left with an NHL team in front of him.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    This is what kept popping into my mind too. Edmonton has been so dreadful, it's hard to just flat out write Talbot off. Let's at least see if he has anything left with an NHL team in front of him.
    But at least Dubnyk had that 1st round pedigree. Talbot basically benefited from the Rangers style for a couple years before coming over and having one good year behind a team that almost went to the Conference Finals....

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Elliott is supposedly healthy and will rejoin the team soon. Elliott is better than Talbot. Something doesnt add up.
    The Flyers' braintrust isn't that bright. This is the sort of thing that Holmgren was talking about after firing Hextall. Yes, I know the Oilers had Chiarelli, but Holmgren is the guy who fired Hextall, and also the guy who went out and acquired the exclusive rights to Bryzgalov via trade days before free agency. Holmgren then dealt away Bobrovsky. Once Bobrovsky displaced Mason en route to Vezinas, then he went out and got Mason after buying out Bryzgalov.

This sort of thing was rumored as soon as Hextall was fired, and they needed a healthy goalie.
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...veteran-goalie

I would not be shocked to see any of the Flyers current goalies dealt away for an established veteran, and yes, that includes Hart. I would be surprised if Hart was dealt, but not shocked. I have way more faith in Fletcher than I did Holmgren, but acquiring Talbot is like acquiring Bryzgalov.

I'd expect it to be a goalie other than Hart plus a pick or two or something else for Talbot.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Darren Dreger

Oilers and Flyers in a holding pattern on Cam Talbot trade.
    As mentioned on Insider Trading last night, Anthony Stolarz likely in the return if they close the deal.
    RFA goalie end of the year.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Administrator

Stolarz would be a good return for Edmonton considering he has shown promise and was derailed by injuries. He deserves another look at the NHL level. I just don't get it from the Philly side. Hart is pretty much the team MVP this year even in limited action. What happens to Elliott? Another trade?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Stolarz would be a good return for Edmonton considering he has shown promise and was derailed by injuries. He deserves another look at the NHL level. I just don't get it from the Philly side. Hart is pretty much the team MVP this year even in limited action. What happens to Elliott? Another trade?
    Possibly a Elliott/Talbot platoon for a bit until Elliott shakes off some rust, and gets his trade value up - or Elliott might get waived, but I doubt that. Hart to AHL Lehigh Valley while that happens.

However, there's also been some noise about potentially getting Quick from the Kings. I'd guess that would be a similar sort of deal, but the flyers would have to give up more for Quick.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default [TRADE] Talbot to Philly

Edm trades Talbot to Philly for Stolarz. One for one.

Reported by Frank Seravelli.
    Follow me @WHLrumourmill for rumblings from around the World Hockey League

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default [TRADE] Talbot for Stolarz

Initial reports are straight up deal for the two goalies.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [TRADE] Talbot to Philly

This has to mean the Flyers have something else up their sleeve with Elliot close to healthy.

Administrator

Elliott to CBJ to help with life after Bobrovsky?

Also funny how this deal goes down Friday News Dump style...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Elliott to CBJ to help with life after Bobrovsky?

Also funny how this deal goes down Friday News Dump style...
    Along with the Puljujarvi agent trade suggestion. #HereComeTheOilers
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Great deal for Edmonton. Better than I had feared it would be for the Flyers.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Huge for the Oil and Stolarz, at first glance! Even the Hurricanes couldn't make Koskinen look good tonight...
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES