Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [TRADE] Talbot to Philly

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [TRADE] Talbot to Philly

I must say, for Gretzky's first deal, he did well. He cleared cap (goal #1 achieved) and got back a goalie in return (goal #2) who has "some" NHL experience but still is still young enough that he has upside too. I like it.

I will say this, I am probably one of the few who thinks Cam Talbot is not done as an NHL starter. I believe he still has that in him. Whether he gets the chance or not is another story, but I do believe he's capable.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

My fantasy take on the goalie swap:
    https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-home...-swap-goalies/
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: [RUMOR] Cam Talbot to PHI

Done deal, Talbot to PHI for Stolarz.

Dobber Sports Icon

Stolarz will be a UFA unless he plays at least 30 minutes in 10 or more NHL games before the end of the season.

This means that he will probably get at least 10 of 25 starts which means that this trade was probably bad for Koskinen since if Talbot was traded for Elliot (or any other goalie), it would have meant that Koskinen could have started 20+ of the remaining Oilers games.

Stolarz was once a highly touted goalie prospect so I don't hate this deal for the Oilers current leadership group. I still hate that they signed Koskinen for 3 years as I don't think he's any better than Talbot but once that contract was signed, there are worse trades that could have been made. I would have chosen Talbot over Koskinen just based on what I have seen watching games on TV.

Dobber Sports Stud

I like the deal for both teams actually.

Talbot has a chance to "find" his game in Philly and the Oil moves some salary out the door.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Also think it's a good deal for both teams. Talbot was obviously on the way out in EDM. But, if nothing else, he's a proven capable NHL backup. Provides some insurance/depth for Philly (and maybe some more bait for the deadline) while really posing no threat to Hart at all. And EDM needed a plan B in case the Koskinen experiment doesn't pan out. If anything, Koskinen is the one who probably feels the most heat here -- wonder if it boosts his play or makes him flame out even sooner than it was already looking.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Stolarz will be a UFA unless he plays at least 30 minutes in 10 or more NHL games before the end of the season.

This means that he will probably get at least 10 of 25 starts which means that this trade was probably bad for Koskinen since if Talbot was traded for Elliot (or any other goalie), it would have meant that Koskinen could have started 20+ of the remaining Oilers games.

Stolarz was once a highly touted goalie prospect so I don't hate this deal for the Oilers current leadership group. I still hate that they signed Koskinen for 3 years as I don't think he's any better than Talbot but once that contract was signed, there are worse trades that could have been made. I would have chosen Talbot over Koskinen just based on what I have seen watching games on TV.
    I thought Chiarelli signed Koskinen.

Apparently Talbot will not make it to the game in Detroit, so hart will start, and the Flyers will have McKenna as the backup again.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.