Thread: Binnington? Trade Target or no?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Binnington? Trade Target or no?

At what cost does he make sense? I find hot goalies/ kids always tough to rationalize... He'd be my third goalie most likely. I'm loving the hot St. Louis but where does this go with Jake Allen?

Cats: W, L, SV, SV %, GAA, Shutouts

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Binnington? Trade Target or no?

Allen has a starter's contract but isn't actually that good. I'd try to get him, but it depends on the cost. Certainly not at the expense of a keeper.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Im somewhat worried what Fenton will do with wild and they already have lost koivu dumba to injuries and traded nino. Would it be mega crazy to try to trade dubnyk for binnington?
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    Categories: G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    C - Crosby | Trocheck | Backstrom | Danault | Aho
    LW - Marchessault | Hertl
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    | Meier | Pavelski | Puljujarvi
    D - Ristolainen | Zadorov | C. Murphy
    | | Trouba | Edmundson | Giordano
    G -
    Fleury | Saros | Markström
    IR: Zucker
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Is Binnington likely to continue getting the majority of starts?

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Keppada View Post
    Im somewhat worried what Fenton will do with wild and they already have lost koivu dumba to injuries and traded nino. Would it be mega crazy to try to trade dubnyk for binnington?
    I think it’s crazy, but not mega crazy. I’d consider moving Dubnyk for Binnington in a one year league but not a keeper.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have a guy willing to sell on Jake Allen shouldn't be too pricy, if I can swing for Binnington would that tandem be enough to solidfy my goalies for the playoffs? I was going to take a shot at Rask in my league but don't feel like giving up my number one pick (seeing as how I just spent my 2nd and 3rd).

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick060283 View Post
    I have a guy willing to sell on Jake Allen shouldn't be too pricy, if I can swing for Binnington would that tandem be enough to solidfy my goalies for the playoffs? I was going to take a shot at Rask in my league but don't feel like giving up my number one pick (seeing as how I just spent my 2nd and 3rd).
    What is the cost of each? I’m currently rolling with the STL tandem and while I didn’t think it was ideal, it has been working for me. They are hot right now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick060283 View Post
    At what cost does he make sense? I find hot goalies/ kids always tough to rationalize... He'd be my third goalie most likely. I'm loving the hot St. Louis but where does this go with Jake Allen?

Cats: W, L, SV, SV %, GAA, Shutouts
    That’s one of the roll the dice situation. I traded for Rittich a while back (wasn’t that expensive). Hoping he plays a little more going forward. The Binnington situation could go the same way.

How is Quick doing in your league with those cats?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Keppada View Post
    I don’t think I would be able to hit send on that one. I would say the deal is still there next season. Binnington is unproven, Dubnyk has the number one.

Dumba was a huge blow followed by Koivu. Minnesota’s goal scoring dropped to 3rd worst in the league after Dumba went down. They are a better team then they are showing without Dumba and Koivu.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Also real curious about Binnington and the thoughts on his keeper value. Easy to project a regression from this insane streak he's on, maybe Jake Allen figures some things out in the offseason and they see a time share situation next year. I'm hoping to secure a 2nd keeper goalie for my squad, but the price on JB is all time high right now (in talks with his owner, the ask is Stone and a 1st). The prospect of landing a bonafide starter is always tempting though.
    16-team Yahoo H2H Keeper league / 21 players plus farm (7) - 8 Keepers
    G - A - PPP - SOG - SHP = GWG - +/-
    F: Robertston, Lindholm, Fiala, Konecny, Verhaeghe, Teravainen, Beauvilier, Boeser, Gourde, Barabanov,
    Tolvanen, Maccelli
    D:
    Werenski, Klingberg, Larsson, Walman, Valimaki, Weegar
    G: Markstrom, Merzlikins

Farm: Norris, Lafreniere, Byram, Hayton, Sanderson, Brink, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Jedi

some handcuffs just aren't worth owning - Stl. is one. Binnington is worth nabbing - esp. in 1yr leagues for Duby, but I'd be wary in a keeper. Really hard to tell with Allen's contract with Binny will get the leash next year at this point

If they run deep into the playoffs on his back - then i think we see a Pitts/TB situation
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4