Thread: Moving Keeper League to New Provider

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Question Moving Keeper League to New Provider

I'm part of a free ESPN keeper league (yeah, yeah, I know, I know) that's been around since 2009. I didn't start it, but took over the reigns a while ago. We have 14 teams with 25 man rosters. Scoring is H2H most cats.

Up until this year, I was in the fantasy hockey minority that thought it was a decent platform, but that's out the window now. Originally, it seemed ESPN was a lot better about positional eligibility and IR status, but from what I hear, other free platforms caught up in that regard a while ago. I continued to stick with ESPN because of all the historical information. I didn't look at it much, but it was kind of cool to occasionally go back in time and see who was on my team in 2009, how the draft shook out in 2011, and stuff like that. Now all they show you is final standings from each year. I had also handed out "regular season" awards for who finished at the top of each category we used. That's all gone too. The final straw is that they redesigned their interface lags, but while it looks nice, it lags on every single device I use. Other owners have the same lag issues, so I know it isn't just me.

I know Yahoo and FanTrax are the two big free providers out there. I was in a couple of FanTrax leagues years ago and my issue with it then was that there were SO many options, it was hard to find what you were looking for at times.

What I'd be curious to know is...

1. Are there any other free platforms I should consider?
    2. How is FanTrax' interface these days? Are things more streamlined and easy to find these days?
    3. How are these platforms as far as bringing on an existing keeper league? Ideally, I would like to be able to set up the teams, enter their keepers, then schedule a draft with the rest of the player pool. I'd love to avoid having to do an offline draft and having to manually enter it all in afterwards.

Thanks in advance, and if there are any other words of wisdom from any of you that have gone through moving a league, please feel free to share!
    H2H keeper, 14 teams, 25 players
    Starters: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 3 Util, 2G
    Skater Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, SOG, HIT, BLK, STP
    Goalie Stats: GS, W, SO, GAA, SV%

C: Getlaf, Johansen, Duchene, Turris, Thornton, Kotkaniemi, Patrick
    L: Guentzel, Pacioretty, Keller, Coyle
    R: Kucherov, DeBrincat, Eberle, Hayes, Reaves
    D: Letang, Montour, Hanifin, Brodie, Gustafsson, Pesce, Sanheim
    G: Talbot, Bishop-IR, Hart

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Moving Keeper League to New Provider

We moved to Fantrax after being on CBS for about 10 years. Fantrax is at least as good as CBS. I recommend it. We've been using it for four years now. You can set up your league for free right now. I ran Fantrax for a year, didn't show the lads. I just wanted to see how it worked and test the support and that kind of stuff. After a month, I was already convinced. I showed the boys and we migrated over that summer. I didn't once regret choosing Fantrax as our pool provider. Fantastic service.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Moving Keeper League to New Provider

So I could set up a mirror league there without sending invites out to the other owners? That's interesting and sounds like a good way to get a test drive in...