Thread: Solidifying Roster for Playoffs

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Solidifying Roster for Playoffs

I'd appreciate any help on players to try to target to help me push for my first league win! I'm currently in 1st out of 12 in a Yahoo 5 man keeper, categories league.
    I'm currently in top 3 of each category except for blocks and hits. I haven't traded away any picks for next years draft yet.
    I'm open to trading whoever along with picks to help me get the first championship.

I have a big enough lead that I should get a first round playoff by, the second round is March 18-24 with the final March 25-April 6.

Cats - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Goalie Cats - W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Forwards - M Barzal, S Monahan, M Hoffman, F Forsberg, C Kreider, J Gaudreau (Keeper), B Gallagher, J Marchessault, S Reinhart, S Aho (Keeper), M Zuccarello, N Ehlers (IR)
    Defense - R Ristolainen (Keeper), J Kingberg, S Weber, J Petry, R Polak, K Letang (Keeper)
    Goalies - A Vasilevsky (Keeper), M Murray

I'm leaning towards trying to deal Forsberg since Nashville only plays 6 times in the 2 week final where Buffalo plays 8 times. I've been trying for Eichel but I think I'm going to have to seriously over pay to get him, yet he would be a keeper then. It still doesn't solve my blocks and hits issue.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Solidifying Roster for Playoffs

I think you just need to hold steady and not make a move for the sake of making a move. If you're in first and top 3 in majority of cats why fix what is not broken. To gain two more games over Forsberg, it is senseless to overpay for Eichel.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov