Thread: League problem - ethical issue. What to do...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default League problem - ethical issue. What to do...

I’m the commissioner in a 1-year league. The person in last place (12th) just dropped Scheifle for Matheson...It looks like he was trying to stir the pot. He got called out on it in a group chat and some people say this is bullshit (which was my thought too), but I’m not sure what the approach would be here since he wasn’t colluding or trying to help anyone specifically.

my understanding is he didn’t make any trade and there’s no collusion from what I know of. I’m the first in the waiver order, which obviously would benefit me.

Some people are saying Scheifle should go back on the guy’s roster, some haven’t said anything. I don’t know if they’d be saying that if they had first waiver claim priority though.

Thoughts on what I should do?
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: League problem - ethical issue. What to do...

I'd have to have a discussion with the GM and ask what his motives are? Clearly he is not acting in the best interest of his team by making this move. I am not sure what you mean when you say he was trying to stir the pot? If that's the type of GM he is, I'd probably just remove him from the league and put Scheifele back on his roster.

Is this a free league or a money league?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd have to have a discussion with the GM and ask what his motives are? Clearly he is not acting in the best interest of his team by making this move. I am not sure what you mean when you say he was trying to stir the pot? If that's the type of GM he is, I'd probably just remove him from the league and put Scheifele back on his roster.

Is this a free league or a money league?
    It's a money league between 12 friends. I think he was just trying to drop a valuable player since he's out of the running just to see what would happen with the rest of the teams. There's a tight battle for playoffs between the 4 - 9th place teams.

I'm thinking I might add Scheifle back to his team, as much as it would hurt me since I'd get to claim him off waivers.
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd ask what he was intending to do.

If he says it was an error, and he has to live with it, I guess I'm okay with that. I'd probably claim Schiefele and then put him on my bench for the whole season. Yes, that would suck for you to do that to "fix" his error. Your other option is to put him back on his roster. I doubt he claims it's an error.

If he says he wanted to drop a valuable player to just see what happened after he did it, tell him "Okay". Then put Schiefele back on his roster and boot him from the league, changing his password and freezing his team after emailing him that while he's a friend, he's clearly not a friend who should be involved in fantasy sports.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

The right thing to do is add schiefele back to the team and stop him from making anymore moves this season if he's out of it. It's a move to get a reaction and it's silly.

You have an opportunity as the commissioner to set the tone forever more with the league and do the right thing. The next time something like this happens you can right the ship with no questions asked.

I had a similar situation two years ago when Stamkos got injured and a new GM dropped him instead of putting him on injured reserve. I did the right thing and added him back to his team even though I stood to benefit huge. Sets the tone and I ended up winning the season by 1 fantasy point. So it worked out nicely for me in the end.

The following year we had a gm drop every player on his roster out of frustration. I froze the league and told everyone all those assets were going back to the team that dropped them and he was removed from the league. No questions asked and lots of quiet kudos from league members.

I think above all else most people want a fair playing field with no collusion or advantages.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Veteran

I believe Yahoo has a "Can't cut list" and i'd imagine Scheifele would be on that?

Can't cut list is made specifically for this reason.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Immortal

Put Schefiele back on the roster and make sure the guy doesn't do it again or kick him out. No reason to make that kind of dumb move.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Put Schiefs back on roster and implement the can't cut list.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    The right thing to do is add schiefele back to the team
    At the minimal, this.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Add Schiefele back to his team and lock his team for rest of the season. Give him a talk that it's not a fair play and if he don't understand it, then just change him for some better manager for next season.
    Head-to-Head league, 16 teams, one year
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 2IR+
    Stats categories:
    • Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, SH%, FW, HIT, BLK
    • Goalies: W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

F: M. Zibanejad, N. Kadri, R. Nugent-Hopkins, E. Haula, P. Kane, K. Palmieri, D. Perron
    D: J. Carlson, J. Klingberg, J. Muzzin, N. Pionk, E. Gustafsson, E. Johnson
    G: P. Rinne, T. Jarry, A. Raanta
    IR+: R. Rakell, O. Bjorkstrand

Thanks,
    Toms.

Dobber Sports Master

put schiefele back on his team , freeze team , bring in new gm in offseason .

sometimes it takes a few hiccups before you get a solid crew of level headed gms