Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to give up with Puljujärvi?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Time to give up with Puljujärvi?

I'm currently in first place and now that trade deadline is close i have to decide if i want to keep Puljujärvi. Right now best i can get for him is Glendening + 3rd or Pageau + Senyshyn. I cant send Puljujärvi back to farm since our Prospects graduate after 82 games played in NHL. I could stash him in NA spot if Edmonton just would send him back to AHL.

It looks like its possible for me to win the title even with Poolparty in the lineup, but naturally it would be a lot easier if i dont have to carry dead weight. Glendening alone would bring 3SOG, 26 FOW, 4HIT and 2BLK per week MORE on average if he replaced Puljujärvi.

Its gonna be really close and if its final week i might end up dropping Poolparty if im behind just a few stats. But then again im in first and hold the best chance to win already. Do you guys think its worth the risk to not trade Puljujärvi? I myself am a big believer but my belief might be influenced by the fact that he is a fellow Finn. Is it crazy to hope for D.Strome like scenario where puljujärvi gets traded and starts to do something or that he finds his game after one more summer of practice? He will be only 21 years old during next season..
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    Categories: G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    C - Crosby | Trocheck | Backstrom | Danault | Aho
    LW - Marchessault | Hertl
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    | Meier | Pavelski | Puljujarvi
    D - Ristolainen | Zadorov | C. Murphy
    | | Trouba | Edmundson | Giordano
    G -
    Fleury | Saros | Markström
    IR: Zucker
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Big Daddy

Default Re: Time to give up with Puljujärvi?

A 3rd round pick in a full dynasty is pretty much nothing when it comes down to it. If you have the chance to win now I might make this deal. Glendening will give you face-offs from the wing which is huge plus other peripherals. Maybe a trade you regret in the future (maybe not) but if it'll give you that extra jolt to win a championship this year than I would go ahead and make that trade.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't like the return. Theres still upside for pulj. Some guys take more time.

Of course if it gets too close for comfort and you have to drop him to stream or take a trade like this to win this year, then fine.

But if you're holding first comfortably I'd lean on keeping him for next season to see how this plays out. I don't see him getting sent down this season. He's been a pet project for hitch. If hitch is willing to be patient with him then I don't see why fantasy owners (in dynsasys) shouldn't be.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Have you thought about going the other way, thinking futures instead of help now, and moving Puljujarvi for farm upgrades? I went that direction and got Kravtsov in return. Might find a better return.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Have you thought about going the other way, thinking futures instead of help now, and moving Puljujarvi for farm upgrades? I went that direction and got Kravtsov in return. Might find a better return.
    iv been trying but nobody is willing to part with a half-decent prospect for puljujärvi which i find crazy.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    G -
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Deity

Giving up on young kids is never easy. For every Dylan Strome story, there's a Yakupov one. I tend to live and die with them and look really smart if they turn out, or a damn fool if they don't but I usually stick to my guns. I went out and acquired DStrome in a lot of my pools earlier this year and thankfully, after he got traded, it's worked out well for me. I was buying while most were selling. Sure it was a gamble all things considered but I still had hope. I guess it all depends if you still have hope for Puljujarvi or not and if you live and die with your prospects or you flip them before we really know.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Ryan Rishaug tweeted out that an AHL stint to 'boost offence and confidence is being considered'. He also says they still believe in him and would consider a trade after talking to his agent but they still believe in him and will continue working with him if they can't get the return they want.

Im glad to hear they may send him down. I didn't think they would but probably the right move.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

Worth waiting to see if he lands in a better spot IMO. If he's going to go full Strome after leaving Edmonton (and guys tend to do well after leaving Edmonton) then you may as well be the guy holding that now-more-valuable asset. If not then you're in the same position you are right now anyway.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Superstar

The guys who moved him for significant return when the hype was high were smart in doing so, at least in the short term. I'm in that group, but I still believe that this guy is going to turn out to be a solid fantasy asset. At this point, trying to move him is going to be extremely difficult, almost everyone has soured on him big time. I'm holding and hoping that a change of scenery and fortune is in the cards for him. If you can get some pieces that you need now, great, but if not I think you have to grin and bear it and hope the power forward we all expected shows up in a year or two.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm in a very deep keeper league (31-owner, 20-player active roster plus 15-player-farm) and I'm eyeing him. I have a very late 1st for this year's entry draft -- does anyone think he'd be worth taking that risk? Like, sending the 28th or 29th overall? I gotta think it's at least close; even with the possibility of striking gold in the late 1st. Our draft tends to follow the real NHL draft pretty closely, FWIW
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    I'm in a very deep keeper league (31-owner, 20-player active roster plus 15-player-farm) and I'm eyeing him. I have a very late 1st for this year's entry draft -- does anyone think he'd be worth taking that risk? Like, sending the 28th or 29th overall? I gotta think it's at least close; even with the possibility of striking gold in the late 1st. Our draft tends to follow the real NHL draft pretty closely, FWIW
    Absolutely.. the 20-30 picks are hit or miss in the real/fantasy drafts. I easily move this pick for Pulju. Most people only know 2 words to describe players these days, "generational" or "bust." Let's go with "developing" here.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Id do it. The upside on pulj will almost certainly be higher than the 28th pick this year. Plus he'll almost certainly get more/better opportunity than the player at 28th whether it's in Edmonton or elsewhere.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Im really torn about puljujarvi atm. I got offered a 2020 2nd which could be something like 30 oa in our league. We also can draft any player with 0 nhl games played who is previously undrafted in our league so many times there are some gems on 2nd round left. Like last year i got heponiemi with about same kind of pick.

Should i let poolparty go for that pick or wait until trade deadline and see if he gets traded? I heard the injury might be long term so that makes his trade even more unlikely at this point...
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    G -
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Blake Wheeler (5th overall) was in his 5th full NHL season when he popped.
    Elias Lindholm (5th overall) was in his 6th full NHL season (this year) when he popped.
    Sean Couturier (8th overall) was in his 7th full NHL season (last year) when he popped.

Some of these 3rd-10th overall picks... they simply take a while longer than some of their other peers.

Dylan Strome (3rd in 2015) is a great discussion guy because about 75% of this forum seemed to poo-poo him over the past year+.
    [I mean, seriously, go sniff around some Dylan Strome threads... they are pretty epic in places!!!]
    And now...

Pulju (like Wheeler, like Strome, like Couts) is a bigger-frame guy... and sometimes these guys take WAY longer to adapt to the NHL than the smaller guys (Keller, Konecny, etc.)
    We get impatient when we see other NHLs from same-draft year... drafted AFTER our guys... exceling. Makes us impatient, not good.

But... as an Elias Lindholm dynasty-holder... ya gotta be patient.
    Give a top 10 pick at LEAST five years... and Pulju is at 2.5years.

IMO - you gotta try to wait it out... I think the potential is there.
    He may need to get out of Edmonton first, though.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Blake Wheeler (5th overall) was in his 5th full NHL season when he popped.
    Elias Lindholm (5th overall) was in his 6th full NHL season (this year) when he popped.
    Sean Couturier (8th overall) was in his 7th full NHL season (last year) when he popped.

Some of these 3rd-10th overall picks... they simply take a while longer than some of their other peers.

Dylan Strome (3rd in 2015) is a great discussion guy because about 75% of this forum seemed to poo-poo him over the past year+.
    [I mean, seriously, go sniff around some Dylan Strome threads... they are pretty epic in places!!!]
    And now...

Pulju (like Wheeler, like Strome, like Couts) is a bigger-frame guy... and sometimes these guys take WAY longer to adapt to the NHL than the smaller guys (Keller, Konecny, etc.)
    We get impatient when we see other NHLs from same-draft year... drafted AFTER our guys... exceling. Makes us impatient, not good.

But... as an Elias Lindholm dynasty-holder... ya gotta be patient.
    Give a top 10 pick at LEAST five years... and Pulju is at 2.5years.

IMO - you gotta try to wait it out... I think the potential is there.
    He may need to get out of Edmonton first, though.
    Thanks for the long post! Ill try to remain strong and hold on to Puljujarvi!
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    G -
    Farm