Thread: Risto off PP1

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Risto off PP1

What is everyone's thoughts on Risto's PP use right now? He has still been able to pick up assists but just concerned he is off of PP1 permanently in favor of Dahlin and 4 forwards. Think there is any chance of Buf running a 2 D PP1? Wondering how hard I should hit the panic button.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Risto off PP1

Whoa... whoa.. whoa.... Hands off of the panic button. LOL

My first thought here is that even if Risto is off the top PP unit he is still a stud fantasy defenceman. You may need to re-evaluate your expectations, but whatever it is he gives you is going to be better than 90% of the D in the league. If you are hellbent on moving him now (as you have seen the future in your crysatal ball) then by all means sell him. Just don't freak out and sell him for quarters on the dollar. You have a great asset that will fetch you a great return.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Novice

Oh I guess panic button is a stretch, certainly not trying to sell him, in fact I just acquired him about a month ago.

In this league we count hits and blocks and he is a stud. But we also counts PPP so just wondering if someone closer to this had any knowledge of if I should adjust expectations there as that would certainly put a dent in the value at which I purchased him. I don't follow Buffalo too much so was wondering if this was a common thing for Risto to get pulled off of PP, I know the situation changed a lot with Dahlin in the mix this year, so we might not have a huge sample size to go off of but was wondering if people had any thoughts on what to expect going forwards. Personally I am hoping they roll with a 2 D power play.
    16 Team H2H Franchise style with Cap (G,A,FOW,SOG, STP, Hits, Blocks)(Gpt3, GAA, Sv, Sv%) 3 Centers, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 Skaters, 4 Bench spots, 3 IR. Minor league prospects can only be acquired via trade and draft.

C: Seguin, Eichel, Crosby
    LW: Marchessault, Rakell, Labanc
    RW: Lindholm, Radulov, Stamkos
    D: Ghost, Risto, Dumba, Cernak, Juulsen
    Skt: Strome, Wheeler
    Bench: Staal, Perry, Thornton, Lemieux

Goalies: Holtby, Grubauer, Jarry

Minor Leagues: Alex Turcotte, Trevor Zegras, Vitali Kratsov, Noah Dobson

Dobber Sports Immortal

With your cats Risto is still very valuable. He just might not be elite anymore.