Thread: Which G to Trade?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Which G to Trade?

So I was just able to trade for Freddie Andersen, which should help me down the stretch. Problem is it leaves me with a glut of goalies, and I'm not sure they have much trade value. Having said that, which of these goalies would you look to package in a trade to try and shore up the roster elsewhere? I'm not sure I want to trade Hart given how well he's played, even though it's hard to know what the Flyers are going to do with him (or if he can keep this up), but I'd consider it.

Hart
    Dubnyk
    Gibson

Any thoughts are appreciated!
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Which G to Trade?

I would say Dubnyk is your best bet to trade....but it makes me wonder. What did you give up for Andersen?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I would say Dubnyk is your best bet to trade....but it makes me wonder. What did you give up for Andersen?
    Fair question. I gave up Kessel and Horvat for Andersen and Roussel. I realize in a vaccuum that probably isn't smart, but it was killing me that I always had a stud RW rotting on my bench every week, and my goaltending was struggling lately despite Hart's heroics. Roussel's PIMs will help me protect that category since I still have a bit of a cushion in goals and assists, and a big cushion in points. I'm also iffy in +/- which is in part why I decided to trade Kessel out of all my RWs.

So if you're thinking Dubnyk is the likely one to trade, do I take that to mean that Hart is going to be reliable enough to be my #2? I just don't know if Gibson can be counted on given how awful the Ducks have been.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Bump in case anyone has more thoughts. May be a moot point now that Gibson is on IR, but I am curious as to people's opinion of who I should be relying on as my 2nd goalie beyond Andersen. My thinking is I need to keep Dybnyk and Hart just for insurance, and lose Gibson even knowing that he has very little if any trade value at this point.