Thread: Frozen Pool Issue

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Frozen Pool Issue

Anyone else having problems with Frozen Pool? The autofill in the search panel often fails and I keep getting an error message when I click on the player's link. It does this on Apple and PCs.

Administrator

Default Re: Frozen Pool Issue

Ultimately we're dancing around a problem where profiles are loading A LOT of data. Load times were getting worse as the season dragged on so I offloaded some of the data to load at its own pace without affecting the rest of the page being displayed. Turns out that's causing delays with the search field. I'll see if there's anything I can do here. We'll have to re-evaluate profile pages in the offseason with the lessons we learned in year one.

I've been getting reports about error messages but can't ever produce them myself. Try pressing shift+F5 (refresh + clear cache) to reload the page. If it still gives an error take a screenshot and send it to me, along with any info you have about how you generated the error. If there's a problem I want to fix it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks Eric - I greatly appreciate your work and overall Frozen Tools is an awesome application. I can't access Twitter or FB from work so I'll respond here. When I input the first letters of the player's name the autofill doesn't work, and I've never had much luck with the search function. My workaround is to go the FT home page, scroll to the player's team, and either click on the player's link if it is displayed or click on a team mate's, then go to his page, then click on line combos to find the link for the player I want. This has worked well in the past, but now when I click on a player link on the FT home page I get the error message in the picture below. I only have Ad block on at work (not on my personal devices) so the issue occurs whether or not it's on. Hope this helps and thanks!

Frozen Pool Error message.PNG

Administrator

Which browser(s)/device(s) are you using? Are the error messages happening every time or only sometimes? The reason i'm asking is because I'm probably the most frequent user of the website and I have never had this experience. Feels like I'm chasing a ghost.

As for the search field, I have some ideas to try in the next few days.

Dobber Sports Pro

On my work PC it's Internet Explorer, on my home PC it's Google, and it also happens on my iPhone and iPad. Just tried Firefox on my work PC and the issue did NOT occur.

*edit* now it's doing the same on Firefox

Anyone else having this issue?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm a web developer, and this thread is giving me PTSD.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Padawan

I have an unrelated question regarding Frozen Tools... sorry to hijack the thread but I figured I'd look for an open thread first.

I am trying to see a players quarterly breakdown/comparison for past years. I know in the old format you would select a past year and the archived version would load.
    In the new format there is a drop down for year and for type. When I click update after changing type, the page will load playoff of exhibition formats as intended. The year dropdown, however, seems to have no effect.
    I'm not sure if that is directly related to the quarterly breakdowns, but either way i can't find a way to view past ones right now.

Any suggestions?

Administrator

It's not configured to do that currently. It's on the list for future additions.

An alternative is to go over to the Player Calculator tab and manually pick date ranges. This covers any year you want. I know it's annoying but you will get the result you want.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's not configured to do that currently. It's on the list for future additions.

An alternative is to go over to the Player Calculator tab and manually pick date ranges. This covers any year you want. I know it's annoying but you will get the result you want.
    Thanks! I understand it's a work in progress and appreciate the work around!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    I'm a web developer, and this thread is giving me PTSD.
    LOL! I feel bad complaining and don't usually do so as the site is a treasure trove, but it was just so strange that the issue occurred on all of my devices. No one else has mentioned having the same problem though, so it might just be something I was doing. Anyway, Eric fixed it.

Administrator

Well it's hopefully fixed. I've only had a few error reports and it's nearly impossible to replicate on command. Whatever it is, we'll find the solution.

I blame Gary Bettman.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    LOL! I feel bad complaining and don't usually do so as the site is a treasure trove, but it was just so strange that the issue occurred on all of my devices. No one else has mentioned having the same problem though, so it might just be something I was doing. Anyway, Eric fixed it.
    Oh that wasn't any sort of comment on you bringing up bugs, I'd never discourage users reporting bugs.

No it was more just I've had sleepless nights over bugs that customers/clients are running into, but I can't for the life of me reproduce.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster