Thread: Just got offered Dvorak for Kase

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Just got offered Dvorak for Kase

Gents, a fellow GM just offered me Dvorak for Kase. Do I accept? Injuries are not a problem as I'm a bottom team. Long term, both have the same value?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Just got offered Dvorak for Kase

I think I'd rather own Kase at this point. Dvorak is pretty much a 3rd line center going forward for the Yotes with Schmaltz and Stepan in front of him. At least Kase looks to be a top six guy going forward for the Ducks, for what that means.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd rather have Kase, I think.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

im a fan of both, but gimme Kase here. The Ducks will be better, the Yotes are what they are, always will be
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Pro

Kase's numbers might not seem amazing right now, but he might be one of the only Ducks driving possession on the team. He's much more valuable than Dvorak to me.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Another vote for Kase. Injuries have sunk him this year but definitely like him long term.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kase.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 13 players and 1 Goalie , +4 Young Keepers (players with less than 165 NHL games played -last season). Points for G (2), A (2), Hit (.2) SHP(1), Blocks (.2), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - E.Malkin, R.Getzlaf, J.Pageau, J.Toews, P.Danault, J.Marchessault

LW - B.Marchand, C.Keller, J.Guentzel, K.Connor,N.Gusev, J.Zucker, T.Toffoli, D.Kubalik

RW - A.DeBrincat,, V.Tarasenko, M.Hoffman, V.Olofsson, K.Yamamoto, R.Strome

D - T.DeAngello, T.Krug, Q.Hughes,E.Gustafsson, M.Borowiecki, J.Muzzin, S.Theodore, J.Klingberg, O.Klefbom

G - S.Bobrovski, F.Andersen, B.Bishop, I.Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'll go against the grain and say I'd rather Dvorak.

Arizona and Anaheim are teams going in opposite directions. Anaheim is trending down but hasn't hit rock bottom yet. Their two stars (future hall of famers?) are aging and will leave a big void to fill and then they will need to embrace a rebuild. Kase will be one of the young inexperienced players left to shoulder the load.

Arizona has already bottomed out and now has the young, developing talent. Dvorak is part of that core. Playing third line center I dont believe to be his long term home but in the immediate future, he can grow and develop in a sheltered role.

Looking at your roster, I would say you are a couple years away from being competitive anyway. I'd be happy to sit on Dvorak and let him ferment.

Remember this is a kid who scored 120 pts in 59 games his last year with the London Knights

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks to everyone that responded. I gave you all some love. I made the deal but only because the fellow GM offered me a 4th round pick as well. In a 12 team pool, and him being in the bottom 2 with me, that pick to me has some value. More than likely in the 40-ish range. I don't have many picks besides a top 4 and 2 other 4th rounders so one more was important to me if I want to actually build a team. I really appreciate the advice. Thanks again, all!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov