Thread: Hall for Arvidsson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hall for Arvidsson

Hey there,

I'm in a yahoo pool that counts goals, assists, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, PMs, FW, hits, blocks. I only have 3 IR slots and the following players hurt/suspended: Pasta, EK65, Malkin, Hall, and Ehlers. I'm in a playoff position and would like to reduce my injury count for the playoffs (last 3 weeks of regular season). The last place team (far behind and won't make playoffs) has offered me his healthy Arvidsson for my injured Hall to upgrade his keepers for next season. Our league is a Keep 6. My six keepers last year were Hall, Trocheck, Kuzy, EK65, Pasta, Malkin. If I trade Hall, my sixth keeper would become one of: Arvidsson, O'Reilly, Stone, Risto, Larkin, Pavelski, Bishop, Hart.

What would you do in my position? Would you trade an injured Hall for a healthy Arvidsson? Does anyone think Hall will be back in time for my playoffs?

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Hall for Arvidsson

No, wouldnt do it for Arvidsson. You can get more for Hall if you were to trade him

Malkin is just suspended 1 game
    Pasta just out 2 weeks
    EK is probably day to day and will be back within 1 week imo
    Hall should skate this week, id give him 1 to 2 week tops before he plays a game

So i would stay put as you have 4 guys that will come out IR within the next week or so. Try surviving this week with some good waiver pick up.

Only guys i would consider as a 6th keeper would be Risto or Hart depending on how they perform 2nd half of season.
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I wouldn't do that.

You have Malkin, who isn't injured, out 1 game. He may get hurt, of course, but he's not hurt now. He shouldn't be IR-eligible, but maybe your league is run that way.

As for your IR bunch:
    Karlsson should be back before your playoffs, and possibly this week.
    Ehlers is looking like next week, from what I've read.
    Pastrnak & Hall likely should return before your playoffs as well, but we're not fully sure.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thx for the answers!

Dobber Sports Sage

I would move Malkin now while he is still healthy. 90% chance he's going down again soon. Probably get a better return than Arvidsson too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfrenzy View Post
    Hey there,

I'm in a yahoo pool that counts goals, assists, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, PMs, FW, hits, blocks. I only have 3 IR slots and the following players hurt/suspended: Pasta, EK65, Malkin, Hall, and Ehlers. I'm in a playoff position and would like to reduce my injury count for the playoffs (last 3 weeks of regular season). The last place team (far behind and won't make playoffs) has offered me his healthy Arvidsson for my injured Hall to upgrade his keepers for next season. Our league is a Keep 6. My six keepers last year were Hall, Trocheck, Kuzy, EK65, Pasta, Malkin. If I trade Hall, my sixth keeper would become one of: Arvidsson, O'Reilly, Stone, Risto, Larkin, Pavelski, Bishop, Hart.

What would you do in my position? Would you trade an injured Hall for a healthy Arvidsson? Does anyone think Hall will be back in time for my playoffs?

Thanks in advance.
    in bold - man, thats bad luck..... If im in your possition considering all the keepers stuff and the coming playoffs
    I would try to trade Hall or another injured player for some help in the playoffs. Seeng that Larkin could be a keeper for you makes the things easier - he should be a keeper for you!
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bump. How about Hall for Arvidsson and Rask?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Do you need a goalie?

side note Arvidsson = 0 PP production
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Rask is pretty meh, imo. Your opponent is just trying to dump him. Unless Rask excels at one or two niche categories, I'd stay away from him and try and get a prospect you can turn around for a more useful centre. Something like that...
    Fantrax 3 Year Keeper League (11 keepers; 3 yr contract); 14 teams, 20 player roster (15 weekly starters; 5 man bench)

Dress 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6 D (Set once weekly, prior to Monday's games)

***Contract year indicates starting year of final contract year (ie: 2019 = 2019-2020 season)

Heading into the draft Roster:
    C - Pettersson (2020), Larkin (2019), Barzal (2019)
    LW - Meier (2020), Hall (2020)
    RW - Mantha (2020), Svechnikov (2020), Wheeler (2019; acquired pre-draft)
    D - Hronek (2020), C Makar (2020), Klingberg (2019l acquired pre-draft)

Dobber Sports Giant

no way, my friend. You gotta keep taylor hall in this one.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfrenzy View Post
    Bump. How about Hall for Arvidsson and Rask?
    Assuming Tuukka.
    Not a bad deal, but you're selling way low on Hall here. Agree with Luca though that it could depend on how badly you need a goalie.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)