Thread: Past/Gibson - Skinner/Dub

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Past/Gibson - Skinner/Dub

Pts league. 2nd place in a 14 team league. 50 pts behind 1st place. I would be the one moving Past and Gibson. It's a cap keeper league but I am more concerned for this year. ($80 mil cap. Past $4.4 x 2 more years after this. Gibson back in draft pool. Skinner $4 x 3 more years after this. Dub $8.1 1 more year after this season.)

Hard to pull the trigger on moving a 90-95 pt F who is dirt cheap. Is Skinner now a legit 70-75 pt F though playing with Jack? If so I'm thinking the upside of Dub over Gibson is enough to pull trigger for a push.

Talk me down m from the ledge.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Past/Gibson - Skinner/Dub

The goalie exchange seems like a minor win because of the extra year you're picking up, although $8.1 for Dubnyk seems a little pricey.

Remember that Skinner is a UFA after this season, so he's no guarantee to be returning to Buffalo. Worst case scenario is that he signs with a team that ends up using him like Carolina did, which means that 70 points will be a pipe dream. Either way, Pastrnak is a great scorer with a great contract, and you'd have to knock my socks off with an impressive offer if I were you.

I'd keep what you have. If you're looking to improve your goaltending, I'd look at other possible deals or the waiver wire.
    PM Pucks Salary Cap Keeper League (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 champion)
    Start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 G, plus 4 bench slots. 3 levels of minor league teams.
    Skaters: G, A, TOI, +/-, (bonuses for d-men)
    Goalies: S, SO, W, negative points for GA and L

C: Barkov, Carter, Duchene, Reinhart, Zibanejad, Johnson, Stastny, Patrick,
    Jost, Suzuki
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Lehkonen, Lindblom, Bertuzzi, Greenway, Vesalainen
    RW: Stone, Gallagher,
    Pastrnak, Labanc, Tolvanen, Donskoi
    D: Letang, Gostisbehere, Byfuglien, Ellis, Schultz,
    Chabot, Morrissey, Leddy, Jokiharju, Valimaki
    G: Andersen, Varlamov,
    Sparks, Kuemper, Rittich

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding