Thread: Prospect trade - glass for frost thomas

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Prospect trade - glass for frost thomas

Hey guys, have beeen reading this forum a lot but never really posted. This deal needs your expert advice.
    Deep h2h keeper league.
    I am incomplete rebuild as I took over this team last year and made some bold moves that paid off. The prospect cupboard was filled with non drafted lower ranked prospects.

I would trade my Morgan Frost and Robert Thomas for Cody Glass.

Thoughts??

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Prospect trade - glass for frost thomas

Welcome to posting!

As far as your question goes, I think it's an overpayment for Glass. Frost or Thomas alone should net you Glass. You shouldn't need to sell both to get Glass.

Personally, I prefer Thomas to Glass and wouldn't deal him straight up. I would do Frost straight up for Glass as I think they are similarly ranked prospects for me.

Curious as to the train of thought behind him asking for both of these kids for Glass and the justification for that much of a return.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Well, we have been going back and forth. I have been trying to get glass with various packages. I guess this is what he’s coming back with.
    The league is 20 teams by 25 players. You can keep as many or as few as you like h2h extended cats (no hits or PIM’s)

I think I’ll counter with frost for glass.... but I wonder if frost is the better fantasy player since the flyers look to have more Hugh end talent for frost to play with??

Dobber Sports Pro

Welcome! I agree with Axe, as both for Glass is an over payment. Does your league count FOW? If so then I think either one straight up for Glass would be fair. You have to ask yourself why you want Glass so badly as Frost and Thomas are both top-end prospects.

Dobber Sports Rookie

League does count FOW. But I feel this is a cat I won’t dominate in. My centres aren’t FOW strong (mcdavid/ petersson/ zacha)
    question, Are you guys adding your team at the bottom as a signature or copy paste?
    I took this team over last year and stripped the aging core and started adding any prospects available, some have gained value... Frost, Thomas, jokiharju... some have fallen off a bit... kieffer Bellows

I guess because I picked up frost and Thomas before 2017/18 wjc and while they have appreciated in value I still think glass is worth more based on name value??? I just wasn’t sure if people valued frost in the same tier as glass... button and pronman have glass pretty high...

Cats are
    G A +/- PPP SHP GWG SOG FOW BLK
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As someone who is in complete rebuild mode as well and has looked at all three players, I agree with the aboves - it's an overpayment. There is very minimal in all of these prospects right now, obviously in the future that could change but it could go any way.

1 for 1 would be ok.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze kuze kuzya View Post
    League does count FOW. But I feel this is a cat I won’t dominate in. My centres aren’t FOW strong (mcdavid/ petersson/ zacha)
    question, Are you guys adding your team at the bottom as a signature or copy paste?
    I took this team over last year and stripped the aging core and started adding any prospects available, some have gained value... Frost, Thomas, jokiharju... some have fallen off a bit... kieffer Bellows

I guess because I picked up frost and Thomas before 2017/18 wjc and while they have appreciated in value I still think glass is worth more based on name value??? I just wasn’t sure if people valued frost in the same tier as glass... button and pronman have glass pretty high...

Cats are
    G A +/- PPP SHP GWG SOG FOW BLK
    W SV% SHO
    Signature for me, and I assume most others too.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Not sure I have signature privilidges as a dobber recruit... perhaps as I graduate a level??

Dobber Sports Deity

Up top, click on "Settings". That will take you to the settings section. On the left, look for "Edit Signature" and click on that. You will then see a box that says "Edit Signature". Type in what you want to put for your sig and then save your signature. I don't think your level affects whether you can create a signature or not.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not sure I have signature privilidges as a dobber recruit... perhaps as I graduate a level??
    Everyone can have a signature

As for your question I think all of them are pretty even, so for me it just comes down to who you prefer. I’d probably rank them:

Glass/Thomas
    Frost

Dobber Sports Jedi

I've got them ranked pretty similar, but with Frost closing the gap. He's really having a helluva D+1 year. If you added those guys pre- WJC. I wonder if Jason Robertson is also available via WW. Snuggle him in close to Frost in terms of upside. Falling in love with that kid.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

@lucafen4
    I grabbed Robertson, Norris, formenton, Akil Thomas this year

Have an eye on there’s guys if anyone is high on them feel free to chime in. I can replace: Tyler benson, A Kempe, l’Esperance,

C Marody
    J Anderson-Dolan
    Urho vaakanainen
    Gurianov
    Bracco
    Boris Katchouk
    J Studnicka
    M Wntwistle
    Bode Wilde

Dobber Sports Novice

@lucafen4
    I grabbed Robertson, Norris, formenton, Akil Thomas this year

Have an eye on there’s guys if anyone is high on them feel free to chime in. I can replace: Tyler benson, A Kempe, l’Esperance,

C Marody
    J Anderson-Dolan
    Urho vaakanainen
    Gurianov
    Bracco
    Boris Katchouk
    J Studnicka
    M Wntwistle
    Bode Wilde
    I'm high on Bracco, been watching some of his Marlies games and he can make some real nice plays. Kid is 3rd in AHL scoring now too. The Leafs are going to need some cheaper replacements very shortly and I can see Bracco being one of those much needed guys.

To the OP: I agree with people here. Frost and Thomas too high of a price to pay for Glass.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H Multi-Cat league 32 + 12 minor spots - (4 C. 4 RW. 4 LW, 6 D. 1 G) - After 3 year rebuild, competing

C: McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Dowd, Frost,

LW: Kaprizov, Stutzle, Boldy, Marchenko, Paul, Deslauriers

RW: Marner, Rantanen, Tolvanen, Bemstrom, O'Connor, Gurianov

D: Heiskanen, Boqvist, Provorov, Fabbro, Dillon, Jokiharju, Liljegren, Marino, Mayfield, Moser, Smith

G: Oettinger, Forsberg, Merzlikins, Mrazek

Minors: Beecher, Heponiemi, Kulich, L'Heureux, Bellows, Kaut, Lind, Bichsel, Cuelemans, Mateychuk, Samberg, Ingram

2023 Draft Picks: 41st and 59th overall
    2024 Draft Picks: 1 - 1st round (1-20) and 1 - 3rd round (40-60)