Thread: Hold on Sergachev?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hold on Sergachev?

Would you keep Sergachev or would you deal him to get Quinn Hughes?
    points only/no salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hold on Sergachev?

Quinn isn't in the league and may not be for a year or two. Depends on when he chooses to leave college. Sergachev is in the NHL. Is he on your current roster or stashed into a minors system? I have no clue because you didn't share your roster information.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Personally I'd get Q.Hughes if it's some sort of minor system. Hughes will likely go straight to PP1 which boasts quite a few talented players now. Hughes has looked like a stud, obviously he needs to translate that to NHL but I'd prefer him personally.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Sage

More league/team info is required for a proper answer. On the surface I agree with axe and would add that generally you are taking a step backwards with a move like this. Sergachev is a dynamic young defensmen with speed and skill. Lots of upside to him, his only real downfall is circumstance in that he's behind Hedman which will limit his ceiling. But he's in the NHL now and put up 40 points last season. Sure Hughes looks good for pp1 in Vancouver and he could make the team Next season. But he may not. And he could take years to be fantasy relevant. Look at the aforementioned Hedman who was more highly touted than Hughes and he didn't hit 40 points until his 5th season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm not contending for this year or the next one.
    I can wait for Hughes to reach his potential, just wondering whether Sergachev or Hughes has the highest ceiling.
    It is obvious that Hughes will get more deployment than Sergachev since he doesn't have a Hedman in front of him.
    We kinda have a minors system since some some players do not count so we can keep some prospects without affecting our ability to win.