Thread: Rantanen Trade

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Rantanen Trade

What to expect for the rest of the season from Rantanen? He's been a tad cold over the last little bit, but we're all aware of the 1st half the season.

Edit: And if anyone is curious the trade offered to me is his McDavid, Vorochek & Zibanajad for my Rantanen, Lee & Taransanko

If that doesn't make sense to you, it's because we have a crazy system for keepers... I can keep all/any of them at decent value, he will likely not be able to keep McDavid next year. He's in last, I'm in 2nd. I can (want) to win.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Rantanen Trade

Take it & don’t look back

The Great One

If you can keep McDavid, just do it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    If you can keep McDavid, just do it.
    In a perfect world I would keep him and win!
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.

Dobber Sports Sage

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Mcdavid is all that matters in this trade...its a clear win for that side, especially if you can keep him.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Wizard

And also - last season and the present one Rantanen has essentially the same points as McDavid and is cheaper for me to keep and is a winger - which is why I hesitate and am trying to counter. For this trade to make sense I have to assume the Rantanen finishes this season playing like he has over the past month. If he returns to putting up points like the beginning of the season then I at best break even on points and lose a cheaper keeper.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5

Dobber Sports Sage

So I guess we needed more info. What are the costs against the $600 cap of all the players involved in the trade?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Wizard

McDavid will be $59 to keep and Rantanen would be $25. Because McD is a better player with a better upside the money isn't that huge a deal. Especially because McD will likely be draftable next season anyway.
    What matters most to me is this season. If Rantanan returns to 1st half form then the trade is a wash with a slight edge to me. If he keeps up the slump then I win the trade, but lose him and another keeper in the deal.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5