Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Erik Cernak

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Erik Cernak

No mention of him in the 2018 Prospects Guide and only says that he’s been cut in the Fantasy Guide.

He’s putting up great multi-cat numbers and am I wrong to think he can be like Gudas when Gudas was good?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Erik Cernak

I had this same thought and added him. Gudas wrecked my league for two seasons in TB so this should be good.

Dobber Sports Veteran

He was pretty much a trade throw-in when the Bolts moved Bishop to LA. He probably even surprised himself when he had 2g and 5 a in 9 games to start this year in Syracuse since he'd not put up much offensively in past years. Anyway when Stralman went down with injury Cernak was called up and continues to impress. He and McDonagh pair well together and I've mentioned it before, his $700k contract next year practically guarantees him a spot in the line-up. I hope you're right about his Gudas potential.

Dobber Sports Deity

He's certainly earning his spot. Considering he was a 2nd round pick, it's not like he's really coming from nowhere but still nice to see the progression in his game.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

have to like whatevers going on with tampa's scouts because they keep finding gems .

get their core pieces locked up and continue to draft well so cheaper guys on elc's can fill the void with success regularly

Dobber Sports Wizard

I was always a big fan of Cernak for real life purposes. He's been showing more than expected offensively, though. Had to dig up a couple of my old posts about Cernak.

This one is from August 2015:
    If you want high offensive upside with risk involved, then go with Saarijarvi. But if you want more of a sure thing and good peripherals but not much offense, go with Cernak.
    This one is from February 2017:
    I'm not so sure about Dahlen being better than Cernak. Cernak is a really good prospect as well. Not for fantasy hockey purposes obviously but for real life hockey purposes. At worst I'd say that Cernak is equal to Dahlen for real life value, and considering how highly D-men are valued in the NHL, his real life value could actually be considered to be higher.
    These comments actually look pretty decent now.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    No mention of him in the 2018 Prospects Guide and only says that he’s been cut in the Fantasy Guide.
    To clear this part up, the guides favor points leagues because they still represent the majority of leagues out there. Cernak doesn't have any offensive upside.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    have to like whatevers going on with tampa's scouts because they keep finding gems .

get their core pieces locked up and continue to draft well so cheaper guys on elc's can fill the void with success regularly
    Sadly, Cernak was a Kings discovery that Dean Lombardi foolishly traded away in the horrible useless Ben Bishop deal that resulted in Deano's overdue dismissal. Kings could really use Cernak right now.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Sadly, Cernak was a Kings discovery that Dean Lombardi foolishly traded away in the horrible useless Ben Bishop deal that resulted in Deano's overdue dismissal. Kings could really use Cernak right now.
    interesting that he goes that far back (kings system) and eventually makes his way to the bigs.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    To clear this part up, the guides favor points leagues because they still represent the majority of leagues out there. Cernak doesn't have any offensive upside.
    Meh, it’s not a big deal, it wasn’t my intention to callout the guides. Not really sure your post does the guides justice though because you have Dmen like Sautner and Graves in them along with Draft Advice that commonly says “Do not draft unless in Hits, Blocks or PIMs leagues”. If he’s not in the guides, we all know the Dobber Community will find him and share him first.

I just wanted more info on this guy that seems like he has the potential to win some weeks on his own...like Gudas of old.

Dobber Sports Sage

Seven (7) shots on goal last night. Let it rip young buck.

Dobber Sports Icon

Should I trade my Drake Caggiula for Erik Cernak? It's a 31 team dynasty league where we keep players until they become NHL UFAs or we trade them. The league uses NHL sized rosters (12F, 6D, 1G each week with up to 25 on pro roster and unlimited farm roster) and NHL AAV and the NHL salary cap. We count G, A, +/-, hits, takeaways, blocked shots, PP TOI, PK TOI and faceoff for centers.

Current Roster
    C: Carter, Turris, Sissons, Bellemare
    W: Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, M Johansson, Jaskin, Granlund, Oshie, Gourde, Coleman
    D: Burns, Chara, Lindholm, A Larsson, Lindholm, Butcher, Heed

Farm
    F: Boyd, Kuraly, Caggiula, Barber, Fasching, Suomela, Phillips, Steenbergen, Soderlund, Popugaev
    D: M Benning, Djoos, Soucy, Dotchin, Bouramman

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Should I trade my Drake Caggiula for Erik Cernak? It's a 31 team dynasty league where we keep players until they become NHL UFAs or we trade them. The league uses NHL sized rosters (12F, 6D, 1G each week with up to 25 on pro roster and unlimited farm roster) and NHL AAV and the NHL salary cap. We count G, A, +/-, hits, takeaways, blocked shots, PP TOI, PK TOI and faceoff for centers.

Current Roster

Farm
    F: Boyd, Kuraly, Caggiula, Barber, Fasching, Suomela, Phillips, Steenbergen, Soderlund, Popugaev
    Yes, I would.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

Current Roster

Farm
    for those two reasons, i would as well
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Cernak > Caggiula, because one provides numbers and the other one hardly does

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust