Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: E Karlsson, more than just an illness?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default E Karlsson, more than just an illness?

I’m curious if anyone else is worried that whatever’s keeping EK65 from playing is more than just a day to day illness? If I remember correctly he missed a couple games before the all star break due to injury. he’s now been out for every game since the all star game (including tonight) with an illness. Anyone that follows San Jose know if they’ve shared more information about what’s going on?
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: E Karlsson, more than just an illness?

This 'illness' absolutely stinks of an actual injury. Super frustrating how the NHL allows this type of injury reporting in 2019. I started him this week and he'll play zero games. Now the reports are he 'may suit up on monday'. Annoying...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

I've checked Rotoworld and the SJ Mercury News. Both say Karlsson is out with a lower body injury. DeBoer says EK will be back before the 4 game road trip is over. I don't know what either of you two are talking about re: illness.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I've checked Rotoworld and the SJ Mercury News. Both say Karlsson is out with a lower body injury. DeBoer says EK will be back before the 4 game road trip is over. I don't know what either of you two are talking about re: illness.
    ESPN today (ive read several reports calling it an illness since the all star break) :

Karlsson (illness) won't be available for Saturday's road matchup with Edmonton, Kevin Kurz of the Athletic reports.

Spin: Kurz adds that Karlsson may or may not rejoin the team for Monday's game in Vancouver. As it stands, Karlsson hasn't suited up since Jan. 16 with the exception of the Jan. 26 All-Star Game. The productive blueliner missed the last three games prior to the All-Star break due to a lower-body injury, and has been unavailable post-break due to an illness.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

He has an illness in his knee ligament. Simple.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    ESPN today (ive read several reports calling it an illness since the all star break) :

Karlsson (illness) won't be available for Saturday's road matchup with Edmonton, Kevin Kurz of the Athletic reports.

Spin: Kurz adds that Karlsson may or may not rejoin the team for Monday's game in Vancouver. As it stands, Karlsson hasn't suited up since Jan. 16 with the exception of the Jan. 26 All-Star Game. The productive blueliner missed the last three games prior to the All-Star break due to a lower-body injury, and has been unavailable post-break due to an illness.
    That's a bit weird because Kurz doesn't say anything about Karlsson having an illness on his twitter account, or in his last three posts on the Athletic.

ESPN is sourcing Rotoworld, and Rotoworld is sourcing this tweet by Kurz: "Dell in goal. No Karlsson, who may or may not join team in Vancouver."

As far as I can tell, Kurz hasn't said anything about an illness. Or maybe he did and changed it. But the ESPN report seems very sketchy to me.

Dobber Sports Monster

I've read other people theorising that the Sharks are giving him a 10 game rest before the play-offs but take it for what it's worth, just speculation. Been hardly following hockey lately, didn't realise he has been out for so long.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I've read other people theorising that the Sharks are giving him a 10 game rest before the play-offs but take it for what it's worth, just speculation. Been hardly following hockey lately, didn't realise he has been out for so long.
    No way Karlsson would "rest" for more than one game if he's healthy. No way. I'm going to mark his absence as "out with Ebola, 7-10 days".
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

fantrax:
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Administrator

It's possible he has an "illness" in the groin area, making both of you correct.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's possible he has an "illness" in the groin area, making both of you correct.
    Karlsson has the clap!?
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Administrator

Until the NHL decides to be honest about these things we will continue our wild speculation.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Savages View Post
    fantrax:
    Yeah, except Kurz doesn't say illness on twitter or in the athletic. quoting espn or fantrax doesn't change this.

Dobber Sports Sage

Yeah, except Kurz doesn't say illness on twitter or in the athletic. quoting espn or fantrax doesn't change this.
    From today's ramblings:

'Erik Karlsson has had an illness for weeks (which, if it’s serious, fans would want to know about rather than worry) and Marc-Edouard Vlasic was day-to-day for a month. On Vlasic, he was a “game-time decision” a weekafter his upper-body injury and didn’t play for more than three weeks after that. Teams are just flat-out lying to the media and their fans. How doesn’t the NHL care about this?'

It was reported as an illness after the all star break which it clearly wasn't, or maybe he had a cold as well as an LBI. Sure they remedied it eventually as an LBI and then it was misreported by ESPN and fantrax, but there was still a week where it was reported as an illness. The initial reports implied that right after the all star break he was only going to miss 1 game with said 'illness'.

I completely agree with the ramblings, it's getting ridiculous and the NHL needs to step in.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Titan

NHL will need to implement a rule if they want to take sports gambling seriously.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll