Thread: Keep Laine over:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keep Laine over:

For the league in sig (multi-cat). My chances are not looking good this year so I will most likely be selling off assets.

Forward Keepers are Eichel, Pettersson and was/is supposed to be Laine, but now I am not so certain.

Would you keep anyone else on my team over Laine, namely Tarasenko, Trocheck, Boeser?

There are two seasons left for this league after this current one, which also factors into the thinking.

Will rep as always, thanks!

2C-Barkov, Dubois
    2LW- Svechnikov, Marchessault
    2RW-Kucherov, Wilson
    4D-Josi, Dahlin, Provorov, DeAngelo
    2UTIL- Suzuki, Fiala
    2G- Hellebuyck, Rittich, Rinne
    Under-23- Pettersson
    B- Weber, Severson
    IR: Couture, Boeser

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Keep Laine over:

Laine could take a few years to reach full potential as we are seeing this season. He can sure shoot but the rest of his game needs work. In a 3 year league it's tough, i'd like to think he figures it out by then but there are no guarantees. I could see him struggling again next season and then taking steps in the right direction on a loaded jets team (to be clear struggling still means 40+ goals but non elite point totals).

I think it depends on the return you can get for the guys you listed. If you can get way more for Laine then sure trade him and keep one of the other 3. I can see a guy like Tarasenko bouncing back and putting up similar goals and more assists than Laine next season for example. If you can't get more for Laine then Id probably chance keeping him for another year as the upside is certainly there.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Laine could take a few years to reach full potential as we are seeing this season. He can sure shoot but the rest of his game needs work. In a 3 year league it's tough, i'd like to think he figures it out by then but there are no guarantees. I could see him struggling again next season and then taking steps in the right direction on a loaded jets team (to be clear struggling still means 40+ goals but non elite point totals).

I think it depends on the return you can get for the guys you listed. If you can get way more for Laine then sure trade him and keep one of the other 3. I can see a guy like Tarasenko bouncing back and putting up similar goals and more assists than Laine next season for example. If you can't get more for Laine then Id probably chance keeping him for another year as the upside is certainly there.
    This.

It all depends on the return; which is probably low for all 4 right now (probably why you aren't doing well). Trocheck is a monster in that format even, so I'd be fine with any of them

Dobber Sports Deity

I guess it depends on what you can get for Laine. Trocheck would be a solid keeper in this format for sure, probably better than Laine IMO.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd like to think Laine will get out of the funk and develop the rest of his game, but due to potential and age he could fetch a nice return despite his slump.

Trocheck would be my keeper seeing as how he sees time on PK and PP, hits and blocks a lot, and doesnt have a big difference in terms of points.
    Tarasenko is a proven player but could also fetch a nice return

Boeser has potential, but doesn't hit block or play PK I wouldnt keep him.
    1) 12 team keeper league (cap with aav) keep 15. (Less than 82 GP = protected)
    Fwd G 2pt A 1pt Def G 2pt A 1pt Blk .33 pt Goalies - W 2pt OTL 1pt SO 4pt

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    D(6): Seider, Dahlin, Drysdale, Bouchard, Theodore, Mintyukov
    G(2): Andersen, Oettinger
    Bench (8):
    A Tomasino, Guenther, Coronato
    D Clarke, Boqvist, Drysdale, OEL
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Veteran

I prefer Trocheck over Laine here but dont give up too soon on Laine.. he still has the potential to be a 45 goal scorer every season I guess. ....
    .....(missed the last sentence of your post)

''There are two seasons left for this league after this current one, which also factors into the thinking.'' - if thats the case, the choce is obvious - keep Trocheck.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up packaging Laine with some other players for a 1st and 2nd round pick, and some other pieces.

There's a good chance Laine will go back to the draft next season as well so I could potentially re-draft him...possible win win.

Trocheck will be my third keeper.

Will rep once I am able to.

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Novice

Cant go wrong with Trochek. He's a beast with those settings. I think you made the right choice getting extra top picks too. Tarasenko = Laine in my opinion for next season.
    14 team, 6 keeper, 11 forward stats and only 4 goalie stats... G, A, P, P/M, PPP, SHP, Blocks, Hits, PIM, Face-off wins, SOG

C(3) Eichel , Trocheck , Dylan Strome
    LW(3) E. Kane, Aho (C,LW,RW), Blake Coleman ( C,LW,RW)

RW(3) Tarasenko, Dustin Brown, Kyle Palmiere
    D(4) Hedman, Carlson, Ellis, Deangelo , Cernak
    G(2) Carter Hart, Blackwood .. minimum 2 start per week.

Tyler Johnson (C,LW,RW) Phillip Danault (C) B. Jenner (C,LW) Brady Tkachuk (LW) JT Compher (C,LW,RW) Svechnikov(LW,RW) Ryan Dzingle (LW,RW)