Thread: Brayden Schenn & STL

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Brayden Schenn & STL

Well it looks like St. Louis has started to round into the form that many expected them to be at the start of the year. Goaltending is looking well ok instead of horrible and it looks like the Schenn at Centre experiment may be over at least temporarily w/ a Tarasenko-ROR-Schenn top line and they look very dominant. Schenn the power forward, Tarasenko the sniper and ROR a possession driving Centre looking very good - why didn’t they think of this months ago

Anyways - do we bet STL makes the playoffs?

Lastly - when does Schenn get his LW eligibility? Not fetting any FW is starting to get annoying!
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Brayden Schenn & STL

The Blues are definitely on a roll and are currently in a wild card spot.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Would you take Schenn over William karlsson in a league were

Goals =3
    Assists =2
    +/- is 1 or -1

Neither would be a keeper

Cheers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Well it looks like St. Louis has started to round into the form that many expected them to be at the start of the year. Goaltending is looking well ok instead of horrible and it looks like the Schenn at Centre experiment may be over at least temporarily w/ a Tarasenko-ROR-Schenn top line and they look very dominant. Schenn the power forward, Tarasenko the sniper and ROR a possession driving Centre looking very good - why didn’t they think of this months ago

Anyways - do we bet STL makes the playoffs?

Lastly - when does Schenn get his LW eligibility? Not fetting any FW is starting to get annoying!
    Hahah, Im in the same boat as you are. I actually traded Hischier(and Pirri) for Schenn
    8 days ago. I feel good about this trade. Just before sending the offer, I noticed that Schenn was moved to a wing next to ROR.
    In fantasy hockey there is not a minimum of games played by a player in one position( like in baseball where a player need to play 5 games in another position)
    If yahoo feels like a particular player is not just a temporary option because of an injury to another player or something, they will add the position to that player.
    Im waiting for both Schenn and Brassard to gain that LW position (both played exactly 3 games at wing)

''Anyways - do we bet STL makes the playoffs?'' - yes, I would bet they are making the playoffs. Considering the injuries to key players, like Dumba and Koivu, to their main rival Minnesota, the puck is on their stick to lose.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Would you take Schenn over William karlsson in a league were

Goals =3
    Assists =2
    +/- is 1 or -1

Neither would be a keeper

Cheers
    In this format its a = for me. It all depends of your playoff settings. For example, in the standard yahoo settings Stl are playing 4 games in the quarterfinal while Vegas has only 2!
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Initiate

Schenn has received his LW! Now I have some significant keeper issues.

As for Wild Bill v Schenn in a points only league, I think it’s a very tough call. I’d say you could essentially flip a coin on this one as I’d expect both players to have similar projections in the 55-65 point range. Personally, I like Schenn more and I like Tarasenko and ROR as linemates more than Marchessault and Reilly Smith but that’s just my take. The actual #s are very close. Who do you like more haha?

Another big W for STL! They’re looking great and so is that top line. I’m really liking that move of Schenn to LW and Bozak to C2 - that lineup makes a lot of sense now actually. If Yeo had figured that out he’d probably still have his job haha

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Schenn has received his LW! Now I have some significant keeper issues.

As for Wild Bill v Schenn in a points only league, I think it’s a very tough call. I’d say you could essentially flip a coin on this one as I’d expect both players to have similar projections in the 55-65 point range. Personally, I like Schenn more and I like Tarasenko and ROR as linemates more than Marchessault and Reilly Smith but that’s just my take. The actual #s are very close. Who do you like more haha?

Another big W for STL! They’re looking great and so is that top line. I’m really liking that move of Schenn to LW and Bozak to C2 - that lineup makes a lot of sense now actually. If Yeo had figured that out he’d probably still have his job haha
    Also loving the fact Schenn has LW status

Dobber Sports Sage

Just picked up Schenn in my 1-year league this morning. The LW position was the deciding factor.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov