Thread: Bob...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Bob...

Can I just drop Bobrovsky at this point and be done with the hell that has been my goalies this season????? I entered the year so happy with my amazing drafting of Bobs, Quick and Talbot only to be in last place in goalie stats...

I have managed to now have Bishop, Leyner, and Bobs and Rask on IR... I need to drop one to activate Rask... I only have 2 moves left for the season so I need to be sure on this... safe to drop Bobs???? Or does his value climb above the others if he's traded at the deadline to the Panthers or elsewhere???
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Bob...

I think it depends on what the rest of your roster looks like if using one of your last two moves on dropping Bob makes sense.
    (Also wouldn't a drop to activate a player not count as a move?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Not safe to drop Bob. He is the king of H2H playoffs. Can't you just roll with Rask on IR and not make any moves, or are you forced to activate him?

Also, could be worth exploring the trade market with Rask/Bishop/Lehner among the top goalies out there.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah, I would be very open to trading Bishop. He's been wildy inconsistent in his career and I personally have no trust he can keep this up. And as metaldude said, Bob is a legend in March.

If anything, I would look to drop a skater before dropping any of your goalies unless all your skaters are really valuable as well.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I should have been specific, but this is all very helpful. Thanks!

I don't have to drop Rask. (it's his damn shutout on my IR getting me worked up!!!!) I can live with him on IR for now. We can only roster 3 goalies so my forwards don't affect this. If I'm lucky I guess Bishop or Bob will go DTD so I can swap them... Rask is going to be my best goalie the rest of the way... having him on IR sucks...
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50