Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getz”laugh”

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Getz”laugh”

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    what on earth

No, he probably doesn't. Some surprises come every year and this is not a precise science. For the record, a 51-point rookie season would be a great outcome for a high-end prospect on a bad team. 54 in 49 games is unheard of.

W/r/t Getzlaf, a few years back people were convinced he was done, and it wasn't the first time. I got him in like the 3rd round in 2012 because everyone assumed he was "done" after a 57 point season. He wasn't, and he continued to flirt with a point a game multiple times since then. A couple of years ago I looked for advice here in the forums about keeping him. Everyone told me he was done, again, after a 60 point season. he wasn't, and proceeded to to put up a point per game and better for the next 2 years (with time missed for injuries, granted). At some point the smart money has to be on not doubting Getzlaf and I can't fault anyone for predicting at the start of the season that he might have another good season in him. Maybe he still does, even if the wheels sorta fell off the Ducks this year. He's never been a guy whose game was built around speed, and guys like that tend to age well. I don't think a 71 point prediction was out of line. for a guy that in the previous 2 years was producing at a rate that suggested it was possible.

I mean honestly, who foresaw Pettersson stepping in and posting over a point per game as a 165 lb 19 year old rookie? No one. Who saw Kucherov hitting 100 points in February? No one. If you think they have some kind of crystal ball you are sadly mistaken; no one does. Dobber and the writers here are much better than most and I don't think a comparable resource exists. I'm not telling you to buy it or not buy it but you're not going to find anything better out there. I don't think a bad year from Getzlaf and an incredible year from Pettersson should be the breaking point either way though.
    Well said Hoopo. What sort of conclusion is that lol? Like "the weather forecast predicted 5 inches of snow yesterday and only 3 fell.. Never again I'll listen to professionals using years of data, stats and expertise because they where off on one projection!"

Fantasy hockey is not an accurate science and will never be. If you can't live with the randomnesses and lucks of the sport, just don't play. And don't come here blaming people trying their best to help because you lost. Instead try to be better yourself and improve your own skills. Sheeeshh

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane87 View Post
    Well said Hoopo. What sort of conclusion is that lol? Like "the weather forecast predicted 5 inches of snow yesterday and only 3 fell.. Never again I'll listen to professionals using years of data, stats and expertise because they where off on one projection!"

Fantasy hockey is not an accurate science and will never be. If you can't live with the randomnesses and lucks of the sport, just don't play. And don't come here blaming people trying their best to help because you lost. Instead try to be better yourself and improve your own skills. Sheeeshh
    Who said anything about losing? Thanks to the “skill” I possess, I drafted Pettersson just in time in my draft disregarding any “professionals” data. He was so easy to project if you only watched him shatter records and thrive against men in Sweden.

I guess Getz is just getting old. Although I can see Anaheim heating up now and Getzlaf putting up some decent numbers.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by McDeichel View Post
    Who said anything about losing? Thanks to the “skill” I possess, I drafted Pettersson just in time in my draft disregarding any “professionals” data. He was so easy to project if you only watched him shatter records and thrive against men in Sweden.

I guess Getz is just getting old. Although I can see Anaheim heating up now and Getzlaf putting up some decent numbers.
    The real projection would have been taking him early the year before, before he blew up. Not sure what projection you actually made after he blow up? He was kind of all over everyone's radar at that point.

All of Anh is a disaster this year. Getz having a down year as well should not be a shocker.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hold up. Are you saying that beating the likes of Ryan Lasch, Joakim Nordstrom, and Par Lindholm in the scoring race makes it a no-brainer to project a 90-point pace as a rookie in the NHL? For the Canucks no less? In a league where only 9 guys scored 90 or more points last season?

I'd be curious to see what your projection was for another record-breaking campaign, Eeli Tolvanen, who broke U20 records in a higher quality league that the SEL. Must have had him down for the Rocket Richard trophy, eh?

the point is that a projection for a slightly undersized 19-year-old on a bad team to score 51 points as a rookie IS saying "this kid is very good and will have an immediate and significant impact at the NHL level".

And yeah, a lot of people took late-round flyers on him
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Hold up. Are you saying that beating the likes of Ryan Lasch, Joakim Nordstrom, and Par Lindholm in the scoring race makes it a no-brainer to project a 90-point pace as a rookie in the NHL? For the Canucks no less? In a league where only 9 guys scored 90 or more points last season?

I'd be curious to see what your projection was for another record-breaking campaign, Eeli Tolvanen, who broke U20 records in a higher quality league that the SEL. Must have had him down for the Rocket Richard trophy, eh?

the point is that a projection for a slightly undersized 19-year-old on a bad team to score 51 points as a rookie IS saying "this kid is very good and will have an immediate and significant impact at the NHL level".

And yeah, a lot of people took late-round flyers on him
    Don’t forget to add EP beating the records of nobody’s like Peter Forsberg to your list. If Pettersson went as a late round flier in your league then please sign me up!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don’t forget to add EP beating the records of nobody’s like Peter Forsberg to your list. If Pettersson went as a late round flier in your league then please sign me up!
    Petterson's ADP was somewhere in the 170s. So join pretty much any league you want, it was pretty unanimous.

Yes, it was Peter Forsberg's record he beat. I fail to see how that relates to how Pettersson would perform as a rookie in the NHL almost 30 years later
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Icon

this is a Getzlaf thread fellas..lets turn it back around.

i ended up dropping him (Getz that is) to make room in a trade that brought over Schenn and tatar for Schultz (off IR) and Parsie. Schenn is a C so somebody had to go..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    this is a Getzlaf thread fellas..lets turn it back around.
    On that note, I'm working on a trade with a non-playoff team something like his Couture+Hamilton for my Backstrom+Glass. Thinking of making my initial offer the same but with Getzlaf added on his side, or is that offensive?
    10 Teams, Keep 15

H2H Categories: G, A, PPP, Hits, Blks, SOG -- W, GAA, SV%, SVs

3C - MacKinnon, Barkov, Vilardi (RW), Bennett, W Johnston
    3LW - Fiala, Jenner, Byfield, Raymond
    3RW - Miller, Jarvis, Kyrou, Debrusk
    5D - Fox, Q Hughes, Matheson, Letang
    2F

2G (max 4) - Vasilevskiy, Woll, Samsonov

8 Farm - L Hughes, M Knies, M Michkov, Z Benson, F Nazar, M Savoie, Annunen (G)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

And now he’s DTD.

Dobber Sports Immortal

And now he’s DTD.
    A late in the day DTD nonetheless! The worst!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He has already been awful this season and now he’s getting worse....good chance he gets 0 points in a 4 game playoff week this week?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He has been ATROCIOUS at getting on the score sheet since his return from injury. Anaheim has 5 goals with 19min left tonight... Getzlaf continuing his streak of contributing zero points. Even the now brutal Corey Perry has 1g 1a. As a Getzlaf owner in 1 league this seasons a write-off. That being said, I can see him coming out of the gates hot next year and returning to old form.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

8 goals for the ducks and Getzlaf has 0 points. Officially dropped.

I wouldn’t touch him with a 50 foot pole next year. The decline is on.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I picked up Henrique this week due to their great schedule and now I'm seriously considering dropping Getzlaf over him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Is Dobber still standing by his prediction of Getz hitting 71 points? Or Pettersson finishing the season with 51 points?

Not sure I’ll buy the guide next season.
    Thanks Tips. Let me know when your guide hits the market. Is your forum setup yet where I can bounce my questions off 20,000 people?