Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I just found it in my junk folder. I was working 12 hour shifts with an hour commute each way the past week so I didn’t have much time to look. I’m going into this with no prep so I’m all set to go. I have a target for my number 4 pick so that is as much prep as I’ll be doing.

Will you be adding players as they are selected again this year commish?
    We will try to keep as up to date as possible. But the best place to look will be on the forum.

I will have to add some extra "co-commish" again to help out.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Strange that nobody else saw the email with the draft order, as I could see who it sent to and there were 11 addresses on there (excluding HR of course). Nevermind, glad I got it to confirm it did make it through to someone.
    I received the draft order via e-mail.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Consensus is in.

Trade deadline: August 18
    Moves/Week = 4
    Min IP = 32
    2 Util / 4 OF = Yep. Get those deep rankings ready!

I also updated the Commish note stating we will start the draft on the forum Monday February 25. That gives everyone over week to get their shit together

Big Daddy

Is Bryce Harper ranked so low because he is still a free agent or has he fallen out of the Top 10?
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Immortal

Is Bryce Harper ranked so low because he is still a free agent or has he fallen out of the Top 10?
    You have a week to figure that out

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think there has been some talent that has passed him and he is outside the top 10... just my thoughts though.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    You have a week to figure that out
    It was more a question regarding yahoo rankings, not necessarily looking for personal opinions. I’ll be drafting on the fly likely using a consensus ranking anyways.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think there has been some talent that has passed him and he is outside the top 10... just my thoughts though.
    He was my first round pick (about 10th overall) last year in a 20 team league where I came first, so I have nothing against him as a top 10 guy haha.
    Though since I'm picking 2nd my opinion on him hardly matters!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    He's where he is only because of his 2015 season I think. He's still a top guy, but his average season after 2015 is still:
    per162games
    0.267avg
    0.386OBP
    0.896OPS
    110Runs
    34HR
    106RBI
    15SB

per his average 139games
    0.266avg
    0.385OBP
    0.889OPS
    94Runs
    29HR
    91RBI
    13SB

Like it's solid SOLID numbers, but is he really a top 10 guy? Hard to say as an OF.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Wolverine

It was more a question regarding yahoo rankings, not necessarily looking for personal opinions. I’ll be drafting on the fly likely using a consensus ranking anyways.
    I find Yahoo rankings can be a bit hit or miss, plus it's based on their default settings and I suppose other (il)logical reasons. I wouldn't put too much stock into it but I guess it's a decent guide to compare with other sites. It also shows there's a lot of talent at the top, and how they are ranked will essentially come down to personal opinion/projection.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I find Yahoo rankings can be a bit hit or miss, plus it's based on their default settings and I suppose other (il)logical reasons. I wouldn't put too much stock into it but I guess it's a decent guide to compare with other sites. It also shows there's a lot of talent at the top, and how they are ranked will essentially come down to personal opinion/projection.
    I only asked because I thought it was odd that yahoo didn’t have him in their top 20 and thought maybe it was because he hasn’t signed yet. I haven’t looked at any rankings yet other than yahoo’s top 25 (page 1). I won’t be using yahoo rankings at all, never have. But as I said, my plan is to just draft on the fly using consensus rankings, likely from Fantasy Pros. I also really like the In This League Fantasy Baseball Podcast. Bogman and The Welsh know their shit and they are hilarious. I put a lot of stock in their opinions.

The Wolverine

I only asked because I thought it was odd that yahoo didn’t have him in their top 20 and thought maybe it was because he hasn’t signed yet. I haven’t looked at any rankings yet other than yahoo’s top 25 (page 1). I won’t be using yahoo rankings at all, never have. But as I said, my plan is to just draft on the fly using consensus rankings, likely from Fantasy Pros. I also really like the In This League Fantasy Baseball Podcast. Bogman and The Welsh know their shit and they are hilarious. I put a lot of stock in their opinions.
    It could have to do with not being signed as well, plus a combination of other things. If he signs soon, it would be interesting to have a look to see if they've moved him up.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Haha Ya i know I was just joking. As others have said I think it's a combination of both. He hasn't been worth his draft spot for the last few years and now he hasn't signed.

Big Daddy

I lied. All this discussion has got me a bit more into it and I’ve started my draft prep. So much for drafting on the fly.

Dobber Sports Titan

I know who I'm taking second overall, and that's about it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)