Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 10 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2019 DobberBaseball League

What does it say about the Catcher position when only 10 get drafted total in a 12 team league? haha

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    What does it say about the Catcher position when only 10 get drafted total in a 12 team league? haha
    I was looking at that too, and 2014OG drafted two of them.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Haha wow. Didn't even catch that since I have Gary "the slugging champ who will play 140 games" Sanchez.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Haha wow. Didn't even catch that since I have Gary "the slugging champ who will play 140 games" Sanchez.
    I see you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya I took 2 to kind of hedge my bets. HOPEFULLY I see if Posey is back to being Posey, or is he old early in the season.

Also, maybe I can use both?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Big Daddy

Catcher is the shallowest position in fantasy, in any sport. That’s why I don’t feel bad about taking JTR in the 4th Round. Gotta take the top ranked player in the shallowest position while he’s still available.

The Wolverine

Now I have to think of a team name! Hmm...

My Draft Analysis:

Disclosure - These are my opinions and my opinions only. They are just for fun. And 'surprise' does not mean the worst pick of the draft. It means it is the pick from the round that has an element of surprise. Surprise that they are still available, surprise that someone took them now, surprise that I never had them on my list, surprise that missed them, surprise that I forgot to pick them because a slow draft sometimes players get overlooked.

Round 1
    Best Pick – Is there really a best pick this early in the draft?
    Surprise Pick – If it was anyone other than Eskimo Brother that picks Jose Ramirez over bets than I would be truly surprised, but the surprise element is reduced. And I can see why he went this way.
    My Pick – Altuve at 9th overall. I decided to go with the best 2B in the game, if I can get 1st round level production from my 2B which I feel is the shallowest position. And If Altuve returns to form and can provide coverage across all categories, then I am off to good category coverage to start the draft.

Round 2
    Best Pick – Again its hard to pick the best pick this early. But now that Harper has signed in Philly I have to say getting him at 2.6 could be a really good pick. I feel if we knew Harper was in Philly he would be first round talent. But there was the risk of him going to San Fran at the time of the pick. The risk/reward paid off for horrorfan.
    Surprise Pick – No surprises here.
    My Pick – Manny Machado at 2.4. Machado adds some HR and RBI which would be Altuves two weakest points. And he also provides some steals and decent average stats. Oh and not to mention the guy seems to play 155 games every year.

Round 3
    Best Pick – Its between Blackmon and Bryant in this round. Both players were recently 1st round talents. They are also players that I think can return to their 1st round stats. Bryant went right after my pick, and I was hoping that he might make it around the turn because everywhere I read it seemed that rankings were down on him. Don’t get cute when drafting with these guys.
    Surprise Pick – Mondesi surprised me. The upside is there and I just felt there was less risky picks available here. But probably none with the same exciting upside that Mondesi has.
    My Pick – As mentioned earlier, I thought Bryant might make it back to me, so I looked for a 5 tool player that has been compared to Yelich… Benintendi was my pick and as soon as Bryant was picked I regretted my decision.

Round 4
    Best Pick – Davis. Can anyone find me another player that has 3 straight seasons of 40 homers, 100 RBIs, 85 runs and is available in the third round. Not to mention he lead the league in homers last year and had 123 RBIs. And I think the Athletics are better this year than last.
    Surprise Pick – Vlad Guerrero JR, another young guy that has a tonne of upside, but a rookie always comes with the risk of not getting the playing time, especially when lots expect the Jays to take a conservative approach with the rookie who is already the face of the franchise.
    My Pick – My strategy for this league always starts out that I am going to go heavy on bats and forget about starting pitchers. And for the second straight year, I chicken out in the 4th round and take Carrasco again. Carrasco does it all with wins, Ks and has decent percentage stats. I tell myself I have my one ace, now lets go bat heavy for the a while…

Round 5
    Best Pick – When I picked Carrasco, I debated between the two Cleveland pitchers. And I think that they both should get lots of wins and lots of Ks.
    Surprise Pick – Ozuna. I guess last years down year had him moved down on my list. But thinking about it now, if he returns to the form from 2 seasons ago, and the addition of Goldschmidt, this pick could end up being money!
    My Pick – Matt Carpenter, as mentioned above with Ozuna, I have high expectations for the Cardinals offense, so I had to try getting in on the action. And his triple eligibility will help me with maximizing value. After 5 rounds I have 1 SP, 1 2B, 1 OF, 1 SS/3B, 1 1B/2B/3B.

Round 6
    Best Pick – In a round filled with starting pitchers, SenArmy goes against the flow and selects a OF that provides some nice stats coverage. All the pitchers in this round I would consider as one tier… so going with and OF here could pay dividends.
    Surprise Pick – Josh Donaldson – being a mostly Canadian group of drafters, I figured most would have low expectations for Donaldson and he would fall in the draft. Former 1st round talent, and a bounce back with my Braves would be exciting!
    My Pick – Strasburg – I know I said I was going to focus on hitting, but I had a whole list of batters I was interested, and looked at the tier of pitchers and thought to myself, where is the most upside and I decided Strasburg gave me more upside than any of the batters. If he can play a full season he should be in Cy Young consideration, but that’s a big if.

Round 7
    Best Pick – Edwin Diaz and Jose Abreu. Abreu is a great offensive asset to add in the 7th round.
    Surprise Pick – Edwin Diaz. Most drafts I am in or look at (expert drafts). The first RP off the board usually happens before round 7, especially in a 12 team league. So for Diaz to be available in the 7th round, I have to say this is both the most surprising and the best pick of the round.
    My Pick – I guess my strategy has completely changed, I went with another pitcher. Wheeler. Another upside pitcher, on a team I think will be improved… but now I really need to focus on some more bats.

Round 8
    Best Pick – None of the picks stand out to me in this round (other than mine). Basically I think there was focus on positional need rather than taking best player available.
    Surprise Pick – Muncy… Dodgers have so much going on at so many positions, I had never considered Muncy at this ranged. He lit it up last year though and if he repeats it for the full season, this is a great pick.
    My Pick – Justin Upton. Nothing sexy here, but I went for upside with my previous two picks, so I went for the safer option who provided decent numbers across the board.

Round 9
    Best Pick – Matt Chapman – I think we see improved numbers from him across the board and I really like this pick here.
    Surprise Pick – Profar. I guess I have written him off since it seems like years ago he was the top prospect and didn’t light it up right away. But he did have a good year last year and if he builds of that the sky is the limit.
    My Pick – Brad Hand (I was hoping for Hand or Osuna, or maybe even Hand and Osuna after the turn, and 2014OG took Osuna right before me) – had to get a closer, and I am happy with getting one on a team that should get 90 plus wins and he gets a fair few Ks.

Round 10
    Best Pick – Bumgarner. I really like the value of getting a pitcher of this calibre in round 10. I know there are injury concerns the last couple years… but I think even Price and Verlander had a bad year before coming back and having huge years.
    Surprise Pick – Posey, not many years ago he was the hands down catcher to own and went a lot earlier than round 10. This could be a league winner if he gets back to form.
    My Pick – Michael Brantley, I see big things out of him in an Astros jersey this year. Hopefully he can stay healthy!

Round 11
    Best Pick – Chris Archer
    Surprise Pick – Victor Robles
    My Pick – Carlos Santana, the guy plays 150 games every year, and he should slot into a DH role for Cleveland and can focus on hitting. He has 1B/3B eligibility. Sure his average is going to bring my average down, but there simply isn’t any 6 category guys remaining in this point of the draft.

Round 12
    Best Pick – Pivetta
    Surprise Pick – Glasnow
    My Pick – Carlos Martinez, big risk here, but if he returns to ace levels, or even close, I consider him a league winner. But I am also biased, because I had him through the minors in my dynasty league and had to trade him last year when St. Louis made decision not to start him, in order to make a run at the championship!

Round 13
    Best Pick – Doolittle
    Surprise Pick – Eovaldi
    My Pick – Peraza, I needed steals and didn’t wanna sacrifice too much OPS.

Round 14
    Best Pick – Porcello (biased)
    Surprise Pick – Voit
    My Pick – Porcello, getting a guy that plays on a top team and will get innings and lots of wins.

Round 15
    Best Pick – Lester
    Surprise Pick – Bader
    My Pick – Quintana, chasing wins from a top team.

Round 16
    Best Pick – Giles
    Surprise Pick – D. Santana – I really wanted him.
    My Pick – J Winker – I had just taken the Reds in the MLB wins pool and I think I was really looking for the Reds to have a take-off year, and Winker stats from last year over a full year look appealing.

Round 17
    Best Pick – Alex Reyes
    Surprise Pick – Hampson
    My Pick – Alex Wood, I think I was still on the Reds bandwagon here. But decent peripherals and if the Reds win, Wood should get a piece of them.

Round 18
    Best Pick – Barnes
    Surprise Pick – Kela
    My Pick – J. Gray, hoping for a bounceback on stats, and Colorado should get wins.

Round 19
    Best Pick – T. May
    Surprise Pick – Jansen
    My Pick – Bradley. I knew I needed 2 Relievers in 19 and 20. I had 5 on my list, May I really wanted and had considered him a couple rounds, and Bradley, Britton and Ottavino. Decided I didn’t want to risk having the two Yankees so I went Bradley.

Round 20
    Best Pick – Ottavino
    Surprise Pick – Pressly
    My Pick – Britton, I really wanted Ottavino who went right before me.

Round 21
    Best Pick – Eduardo Escobar
    Surprise Pick – Joey Wendle
    My Pick – Kyle Gibson 2nd string pitcher on a mid-tier team, decent peripherals.

Round 22
    Best Pick – Billy Hamilton
    Surprise Pick – Billy Hamilton
    My Pick – Cory Dickerson - Needed another outfielder.

Round 23
    Best Pick – Jimmy Nelson
    Surprise Pick – Chad Green
    My Pick – Reynaldo Lopez – upside pitcher on team that I see getting better this year.

Round 24
    Best Pick – Kemp
    Surprise Pick – Markakis
    My Pick – Marcus Stroman – bounce back pitcher? Or just streamer who plays Detroit and Baltimore in first week of action!

Round 25
    Best Pick – Peacock
    Surprise Pick – Several picks
    My Pick – Brendan Rodgers- decided not to draft a catcher early on, and wanted to add a guy for the NA slot and likely use a waiver for a catcher. This kid could make it to the big this year. He has been a top 10 prospect for 3 years… and he plays in a park that could allow him to have a huge impact early on.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Last season I was the MadBikinBaumers (yahoo character limit is very team name liminting). I spent quite a bit of time trying to come up with my own rankings, guided primarily by Yahoo and Baseball Prospectus, and I don't think I ended up with a great team. I managed some shrewed pickups and transactions throughout the season and managed to finish as the 3rd seed in the regular season, only to be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs, winning the consolation matchup to ultimately finish 5th.

I don't consider myself a baseball guy so take my analysis with a grain of salt. This year I had far less time to prepare and focused on some rankings from the Athletic to guide me, so it will be a good test of which resources are better!

I'd add some analysis on reaches and steals, but really, I don't know enough to be credible. I thought there were some really good value picks where guys managed to fall, but I don't think there were too many crazy reaches. It seemed like a pretty knowledgeable draft floor.

On to the picks!

Round 1 - Nolan Arenado
    Leading to my team name this season of the SharkArenados! (Enough Said!) He wasn't targeted for that reason, but I'm loving the name. I didn't like the 6 slot really. Ideally I would have been a little later (8-10 range) in a prime position to take a top pitcher and hitter. I would have targeted Scherzer at 6, but was pretty sure he'd be gone, and just wasn't comfortable with Sale or DeGrom that high so a top position player in Arenado was the pick.

Round 2 - Trevor Story
    Again, I wasn't ready to take one of the remaining pitchers here, and I liked the Power/Speed combo Story provides and teaming him up with Arenado in that cushy Colorado ball park felt like the right thing to do.

Round 3 - Luis Severino
    Given the state of pitching, I wanted to make sure I got someone with potential for high W and Ks. I don't love the confines of Yankee stadium here, but he survived last year at this level. Unfortunately for me, a shoulder issue arose not long after I selected him, which seemed to be the start of a trend for me...

Round 4 - Clayton Kershaw
    I had Correa all lines up here but was sniped by HorrorFan... So it was a bit of a scramble here. Now I was aware of the potential for injury here, but was thinking that I would hopefully only need him come playoff time (which is likely questionable thinking as well) so I went for the excellent production while he's pitching. This might have ended up being a mistake, but we'll see how it plays out. Unfortunately it looks like I'm starting the season now with my top two pitchers out of the lineup...

Round 5 - Marcell Ozuna
    With 4 OF slots, I felt it necessary to take one at this point as they were quickly disappearing. Ozuna was the top rated OF on my list so he was the selection. Hopefully the optimism in a bounceback rings true and I don't lose value with this pick.

Round 6 - James Paxton
    Again looking to solidify some high W and K pitching, and Paxton was the highest remaining pitcher of my projections, so he was the pick.

Round 7 - Rougned Odor
    I hate this guy. Like really, really dislike him. Unfortunately he was significantly higher than anyone remaining on my list, and I have read a number of articles discussing how he tends to be underrated and many expect a bounceback this season but we'll see. I deferred to the supposed experts, plugged my nose and made the selection.

Round 8 - Nelson Cruz
    I'm not in love with this pick either. Again, he was highly rated on my list, and HR were the main target with my position players, and he has the opportunity to provide many... as long as he's healthy... and doesn't hit the age wall... Seems to be a lot of risk with my picks this year. We'll see how that plays out.

Round 9 - Mike Foltynewicz
    I noticed the RPs starting to fly off the board. However, with it being a SV+H league, I didn't feel the need to pay a premium for any kind of a closer and thought I'd wait out the position. We'll see how that strategy ends up working. As a highly ranked pitcher on my list with the best K potential, I took Folty... I'm not sure if he was already injured at this time and I just missed it or if it happened after. Either way, a 3rd of my top 4 SPs who won't be ready for opening day...

Round 10 - Dee Gordon
    Having what I feel is 4 strong SPs, I feel the drop off from this point on is significant, and there are a lot of pitchers still on the board that I feel aren't all that far apart, so I shift back to position players. This pick goes against my HR target, and I didn't realize he was SOLELY an SB guy as I thought he had a little power, so that's on me. However, I needed another OF, and he was highest on the list, so hopefully the value translates. If he can put up 40 bags on the year it will help my speed challenged team.

Round 11 - David Peralta
    Again focusing on OF as I still had two spots to fill, I feel this will be one of my better picks. Peralta is an excellent hitter and should be able to produce solid counting stats.

Round 12 - Mike Moustakas
    Another one of my strong picks I feel. I've read Milwaukee does wonders to LH power and projections have him reaching 35-40 HR, and the 12th round is a great spot to get that.

Round 13 - Eric Hosmer
    I needed a 1B and he was the highest rated on my list. I don't love the pick, I don't love the park, so we'll see how it works out.

Round 14 - Nomar Mazara
    I had Molina lined up here and was once again sniped by HorrorFan. So I shifted gears and decided to round out my OF with a steady but unspectacular pick at this point, which is fine by me. Maybe he takes a step, maybe it's status quo. Either way it should be sufficient. With a full lineup of starting position players (minus a C) I am ready to completely shift my focus to pitching. Through this league last season, position benches were short and pitching benches were long.

Round 15 - Rich Hill
    Went with the best pitcher on my list, hoping for some Ws and Ks.

Round 16 - Collin McHugh
    Now I don't know what to think of McHugh. He was listed on my list as an SP, but then is an RP in Yahoo!, and now I have no idea if this will end up being a good pick or not. Ideally I wanted a starter here for additional depth, especially with all the injuries that seemed to be popping up. I guess I'll find out.

Round 17 - Josh James
    Going after a pitcher with some upside, a sleeper on a number of lists I found... Only to discover he has ended up with a quad strain... Don't take my advice on pitchers.

Round 18 - Zack Godley
    HorrorFan got me one more time. I loved Musgrove at this spot and didn't like my options after. I debated Barnes, Stripling, Kela but settled on Godley. I don't love this pick. All of Barnes, Stripling and Kela went shortly afterwards.

Round 19 - Trevor May
    It was time to round out my RPs with the best of my SV+H list. The top 15 or so were gone, so I would be focusing on getting the highest I could. I think I ended up with 4 of the next 5 on my list, so I was happy with that.

Round 20 - Ryan Pressly
    Don't know much about him but was the next guy on my list.

Round 21 - Joe Jimenez
    Similar to above and I don't love the look of Detroit, but he was the next man up.

Round 22 - Brandon Morrow
    Didn't realize he was hurt, so not sure this will work out all that well for me. At least it's round 22 at this point.

Round 23 - Tanner Roark
    Wanted another SP and he was next on the list... don't love it so we'll see if he lasts the season on my squad.

Round 24 - Taylor Rogers
    Take a chokehold on the MIN closing/hold situation I hope.

Round 26 - Greg Allen
    My only bench position player and an SB lottery ticket. Hopefully it works.

Dobber Sports Titan

Not going to go as in depth as PH, but I do need to put my thoughts out.

Draft goals:
    -Get IF set with big bats
    -Heavy on SP (Last two years in this league pitching has been impossible to trade for, so I'm going to hoard a little)
    -Do not draft a C
    -Get RP late
    I feel like I went 4/4 with those (though some could disagree with whether my IF bats are good enough, they are a little risky).

1) Jose Ramirez - Off the board a little, but I had him last year and he was a sure thing. Potential for 100/30/100/30, and more - from the 2B spot. I know I left Betts on the board, but I figure they're not too far off and I can make it up easier in the OF.

2) Corey Kluber - Was hoping a SS was going to fall to me, but was expecting to have to fall back on Seager in round 4. Kluber starts off my heavy pitching staff, and hoping Blackmon falls back to me.

3) Charlie Blackmon - Yup. Couldn't pass on Blackmon here, even with Stanton and Bryant still there too.

4) Corey Seager - SS is too shallow not to have a good one, and this is a first round talent that I'm hoping can bounce back from an injury. Big dice roll. With Bogaerts going at the next pick, I'm not sure if I would have gotten Seager had I waited three picks later.

5) Noah Syndergaard - Could go with some Thor centred team name. Also another top end of the rotation starter with some heavy strikeout potential. Took that over the win totals of some similar pitchers still on the board.

6) Josh Donaldson - Another first round talent hoping for a bounce back. If I had this lineup in 2015 or something, I would have swept the league. Who knows what he is going to be, but there's lots of WW 3B guys that I think I could fill the position decently well if he flops. Or find a 2B and shift Ramirez over. Main infield spots have been filled.

7) David Price - Strikeouts, wins, decent ratios. Top round talent. Man I'm either going to boom or bust this year.

8) A.J. Pollock - Interested to see how a move to LA treats him, but when he's healthy he can be a top 15 batter.

9) Charlie Morton - He probably won't match the 15-3 record with 200 Ks from last season, but if he even gets close, it's a solid pick. Especially as my fourth starter.

10) Ian Desmond - I still remember having this guy on my team as the SS for the Nationals, and I have a soft spot for him. Regular playing time and a healthy season, he can be a top 50 batter. Gives me the flexibility to grab another 1B or two, or a bunch of OF as the draft goes on too.

11) Chris Archer - I feel that I got a steal this round (if he's healthy). Hoping he's comfortable out of the AL East.

12) Dallas Keuchel - I thought he would be signed by now, but as a 6th SP he's a good upside guy, and stashing a former Cy Young winner in my NA slot can't hurt.

13) Jake Arrieta - Hopefully a few more wins this year with the Phillies, and another bounce back hopeful who went in the top few rounds not too long ago. Maybe I'm just stuck in the past...

14) Kyle Freeland - Still liking lot of the batters on the board, but not as many top tier starters left. I know he pitches in COL half the time, but that didn't hurt his numbers last year.

15) Jon Lester - Continuing the personal pitching run, especially with guys whose best season was probably a few years ago, but a name like this on a team like the Cubs probably shouldn't still be on the board.

16) Ryan Braun - Another value draft OF, possible 1B, and best year was a while ago. Sticking to the plan

17) Kenta Maeda - Not really sure what I was doing here, and definitely rushed the pick a bit, but as something like my 27th SP, on a team like the Dodgers, I could've done worse.

18) Keone Kela - First RP, picked based on talent. Hopefully he can use that and PIT keep a lot of games close like the Rays did last year with their staff getting so many SVs/Hlds.

19) Lourdes Gurriel Jr. - Homer pick here, but I really like his potential. A little bit of positional coverage for injuries too.

20) A.J Minter - I was hoping to have the ATL duo, but had to settle for half. Hopefully the better half.

21) Yoshihisa Hirano - Another bullpen arm.

22) Hector Rondon - Another bullpen arm.

23) Tony Watson - Another bullpen arm.

24) Nick Markakis - Surprised last year, why not again this year.

25) Luis Urias - Big swing for the last pick.

Great draft guys!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I drafted him last year don't get too excited LOL
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

The Wolverine

A bit more depth this year but my strategy didn't change all that much (it worked fairly well last year, might as well try it again!).

General thoughts: 6x5 so batting focused, and with one of the pitching categories being for relievers, I figured SP should be devalued a bit. We'll see if that works!

Team name TBD:

1. (7) Christian Yelich (Mil - OF) - Wanted an all-round contributor for my first pick if possible. He might not hit as many HRs as last year, but wanted someone with more areas to contribute in a given week.
    2. (18) Bryce Harper (Phi - OF) - Couldn't let him fall further, regardless on where he signed.
    3. (31) Rhys Hoskins (Phi - 1B,OF) - Can't remember if Harper signed before or after this pick, but Hoskins is primed for a big year.
    4. (42) Carlos Correa (Hou - SS) - We'll see if he can get back to solid production - fourth round seemed like a good time to grab him.
    5. (55) Walker Buehler (LAD - SP) - Time for my first SP. Can he take the next step and be an ace?
    6. (66) Mike Clevinger (Cle - SP) - Breakout last year, and even if he doesn't take the next step, hopefully will give me some stability as SP2.
    7. (79) José Abreu (CWS - 1B) - With two utility slots, another steady producer at a good price.
    8. (90) Max Muncy (LAD - 1B,2B,3B) - May be a bit of a reach, but if he comes close to last year, I'm happy. The eligibility also helped make my decision easier.
    9. (103) Jonathan Villar (Bal - 2B,SS) - Don't have a lot of speed yet so might as well grab a guy who should get plenty of opportunities to run, even if he's on a crappy Orioles team.
    10. (114) Kirby Yates (SD - RP) - Good time for my first RP. Should be a solid source of saves on an improving Padres team.
    11. (127) Andrew McCutchen (Phi - OF) - Four OF slots, and McCutchen in an increasingly strong Phillies lineup. Third Philly already! (sensing a trend, though not entirely intentional)
    12. (138) Yu Darvish (ChC - SP) - Bounceback potential - worth it as my SP3.
    13. (151) David Robertson (Phi - RP) - Not sure who's get most of the save chances but with SV+HLD, as long as he's getting one of the other I'm happy.
    14. (162) Yadier Molina (StL - C) - I felt he was the last catcher available to target before a drop off.
    15. (175) Seranthony Domínguez (Phi - RP) - As with Robertson above, might as well get the handcuff and double down on the Phillies shut down pair. Five Phillies on my squad!
    16. (186) Tyler Skaggs (LAA - SP) - Can he stay healthy and take the next step towards being the Angels' ace (or close to it)? Worth a shot at this stage.
    17. (199) Alex Reyes (StL - SP) - Lottery pick. We'll see how he progresses in the early going, but this is a pick for later in the season.
    18. (210) Joe Musgrove (Pit - SP) - Didn't know a lot about him but read he was primed for a potential breakout. We'll see what happens.
    19. (223) Jake Bauers (Cle - 1B,OF) - Young guy with a shot at full-time production on a decent squad. Why not. Late enough so low risk.
    20. (234) Arodys Vizcaíno (Atl - RP) - Time for another RP - like the Phillies duo, could get saves and/or holds, so that's all I want.
    21. (247) Jonathan Schoop (Min - 2B,SS) - Bouncebank potential? If not, it won't hurt too much.
    22. (258) Jeurys Familia (NYM - RP) - Diaz is the man but Familia has experience. Should be a good source of holds at least.
    23. (271) Jimmy Nelson (Mil - SP) - Another lottery/upside play as the season progresses. Happy he fell this late.
    24. (282) Marwin González (Min - 1B,2B,SS,OF) - Purely for depth and eligibility. Sano hurt so hopefully he'll get plenty of playing time in the early going.
    25. (295) Craig Stammen (SD - RP) - Last pick, needed one more RP so might as well get Yates' handcuff.

Should be a fun season!

Dobber Sports Titan

8 – JD Martines (OF) – Getting a power bat that plays everyday who hits for average. Loved that
    17 – Freddie Freeman (1B) – 1B is shallow, I wanted a 1B in the first 2 rounds. Freeman when healthy is the best one
    32 – Aaron Nola (SP) – Can’t get out of the first 4 rounds without a pitcher. Nola checked the box
    41 – Vlad Guerrero Jr (3B) – Hailmary here. I picked 2 safe, and 1 pitcher in the first 3 rounds, time to take a chance
    56 – Ozzie Albies (2B) – Just like the player
    65 – Zack Greinke (SP) – Workhorse. Won’t get the stretch of 10 games where he dominates, but end of the yr totals are always solid. Being just a “K” league, totals are all that matters
    80 – Miguel Andujar (3B) – Safety blanket for VGJ
    89- Kenley Jansen (RP) – Felt an RP run coming
    104 – Roberto Osuna (RP) – Last closer on a WS candidate team
    113 – Buster Posey (C) – Take the chance, wasn’t a fan of everyone around this pick. Decided to take No3 ranked catcher off the board
    128 – Edwin Encarnacion (1B) – I was getting antsy around this pick. I saw him still there and just needed him. Freeman goes down, I have a solid replacement
    137 – Ender Inciarte (OF) – Runs, hit for average, doesn’t kill OPS. Nice little “end of the year looks good” guy
    152 – Nathan Eovaldi (SP) – Any pitcher past pick 100-ish I see as a hailmary. Is his cutter for real? We’ll see
    161 – Time Anderson (SS) – Last team to pick a SS, decided to hold off late because the rest of you had picked one. I think I was looking at SS since my 128 pick. Getting a potential 20/20 guy, I’ll take it. Usually a SS can be found on the FA market anyways
    176 – Jordan Hicks (RP) – 105mph intrigued me
    185 – Kyle Schwarber (OF) – 30HR, solid OPS, I figured my team average can prop up his 220 avg
    200 – Kevin Gausman (SP) – Solid stats when he was in Atlanta last yr
    209 – Franmil Reyes (OF) – Final 2 months last yr, 0.318/0.385/0.548, 10HR over 174PA. And gets Machado in the lineup. Took a flier
    224 – Danny Jansen (C) – Can Posey AND Jansen suck? Ya prolly. But took a chance 1 will turn out
    233 – Ramon Laureano (OF) – Offers speed, can hit some HRs, just a typical late round guy
    248 – Eduardo Escobar (3B, SS) – Hit 23HR, 84RBIs, 0.272/0.823 last yr. Surprised he’s ranked that low in Yahoo.
    257 – Carlos Rodon (SP) – Good stuff, poor control. See if he works it out
    272 – Freddy Peralta (SP) - Good stuff, poor control. See if he works it out
    281 – Aaron Sanchez (SP) – Led the AL in ERA not too long ago. If his fingers good, should be worth more than the 281 pick I spent on him
    296 – DJ LeMahieu (2B) - He’s gonna be all over the field in NYY apparently. Should help be a good util bench guy. If not, he’s my backup to Albies.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Loving these reviews. Your Champion will do his today