Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Big Daddy

Default Re: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Is this mind games in hopes that one of the top 2 somehow fall to you at 4?

But I know what you mean... there is 2 and then 2.
    No mind games. Of course in reality I am not guaranteed either player since I only have 2 players targeted and I am drafting from the 4th position, that’s just common sense. But I have a top 5 player targeted, if he isn’t there at 4, I have another player targeted that isn’t a top 5 and I am assuming he won’t be taken within the first 3 picks. We’ll see. Nothing more exciting than a slow draft in fantasy terms. I cannot wait to get started.

Dobber Sports Immortal

If people are in agreement to trade draft positions then I don't see why not.

I would rather not get into trading individual picks though......that's just a lot of maintenance haha.

Big Daddy

Can we edit the original post with the draft order please? Had to go searching for the results.

And just out of curiousity, would you swap the 3rd and 4th position if I was interested hockeyrobot?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Can we edit the original post with the draft order please? Had to go searching for the results.

And just out of curiousity, would you swap the 3rd and 4th position if I was interested hockeyrobot?
    Done.

Haven't really reviewed much so not sure what I prefer at this point. I can let you know though.

Dobber Sports Pro

Is Bryce Harper ranked so low because he is still a free agent or has he fallen out of the Top 10?
    Yes and yes
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Pro

I will swP spots with you. LOL
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

The Wolverine

Just wondering, isn't the point of a random draft order being that it's random? It's not a big deal if people wanted to trade positions but I feel like this should have been agreed before the draft order is set. Suggestion for next year.

As well, just a thought (HR, it's up to you), you could post a thread later in the season to see if any settings should be changed for next year. I think it's a bit late to be sorting all this out just weeks before the draft IMO.

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree in part that it's better to do things earlier, however we didn't have our full 12 until a week ago, so I don't think it's a bad thing to have their input on league settings as well.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I agree in part that it's better to do things earlier, however we didn't have our full 12 until a week ago, so I don't think it's a bad thing to have their input on league settings as well.
    Yeah I understand that helps as well, but I would expect that often when a new manager joins an existing league the settings are already confirmed.

Big Daddy

I don’t actually plan on swapping positions. I was just curious to see if 3rd would be interested in moving back a spot. I prefer 4th.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    I will swP spots with you. LOL
    Deal... where do you pick? hah

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Just wondering, isn't the point of a random draft order being that it's random? It's not a big deal if people wanted to trade positions but I feel like this should have been agreed before the draft order is set. Suggestion for next year.

As well, just a thought (HR, it's up to you), you could post a thread later in the season to see if any settings should be changed for next year. I think it's a bit late to be sorting all this out just weeks before the draft IMO.
    And sorry, I didn't mean to open a can of worms. I just recall having the discussion right before the draft either last year or the year before so I figured I would proactively introduce the idea cause it always seems to come up. There is always someone who picks late that wants to pick early and someone early that wants to be closer to the end to get that early turn.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Deal... where do you pick? hah

And sorry, I didn't mean to open a can of worms. I just recall having the discussion right before the draft either last year or the year before so I figured I would proactively introduce the idea cause it always seems to come up. There is always someone who picks late that wants to pick early and someone early that wants to be closer to the end to get that early turn.
    No worries. I don't remember if it came up last year or I wasn't part of the league if it was earlier. I guess I just wondered that since we agreed to a random draft order people would accept the position given and embrace the challenge. For me, that's part of the fun.

That said, in case this does happen at some point, what if multiple people wanted to be at a specific position? What's the fairest way to do it?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Oh boy the can has been opened. I don't like the pressure of this being on me haha. But thinking about it now, I do kind of agree with horrorfan in that we agreed on a random draft order so that is what it should be.

In the future if you guys want to adjust some things then I would be down for that.

For instance in my yearly football league (where everyone has known each other since Kindergarten), we all submit our preferred order to the commish. So if my preference is 3rd, then 4th, then 1st etc....I would send in 341285,10,967. Then if anyone is tied we try to get together and have some kind of game (may include alcohol) to decide who gets their desired pick. Obviously that is not possible but a variation of it could be......next year haha.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    No worries. I don't remember if it came up last year or I wasn't part of the league if it was earlier. I guess I just wondered that since we agreed to a random draft order people would accept the position given and embrace the challenge. For me, that's part of the fun.

That said, in case this does happen at some point, what if multiple people wanted to be at a specific position? What's the fairest way to do it?
    I read somewhere that the fairest way to do it was to select a random order... but not the draft order. That is the order in which people get to pick their draft position. So the 1st person can pick last, or first, or sixth, wherever they feel the most confident. I know it gets more complicated, but it adds another level to it. Just a thought.

I also agree with HF that we need to hash this all out ahead of time. It feels like scrambling at this point. Any new managers can add some input for the following year.

I also don't have a problem with people trading draft positions. If multiple people want the same position, it's up to the owner of that position to decide which position they would rather have, if they prefer to move at all.

Anyways, I say we just leave it all locked in for now. No need to over complicate it with the draft fast approaching.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Good suggestions Kofax. I have created another post on Yahoo for suggestions for next year. Sorry to move away from the forum but doing it this way makes it so much easier to find them next year. I'm all about efficiency