Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1132

Thread: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Sweet! Now the question is do we risk going for 12, or just sit happily with 10 and if someone else is interested they can take over if we have a GM bail?
    The question that must go hand in hand with this is... how long will it take to draft:

1) IF we have 10 teams

2) IF we have 12 teams

Obviously having 12 teams will take longer... but how much longer? And depending on how long it will take... we got to count back from the start of the season and determine a finalized date to ensure we get the draft done!

Of course I am likely pointing out the obvious!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Sweet! Now the question is do we risk going for 12, or just sit happily with 10 and if someone else is interested they can take over if we have a GM bail?
    Well someone joining really prefers 12 over 10 in a league so I'd hate to lose that person if we do 10 haha

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    The question that must go hand in hand with this is... how long will it take to draft:

1) IF we have 10 teams

2) IF we have 12 teams

Obviously having 12 teams will take longer... but how much longer? And depending on how long it will take... we got to count back from the start of the season and determine a finalized date to ensure we get the draft done!

Of course I am likely pointing out the obvious!
    Last year took us 16 days with 12 teams. Season starts March 26.

Dobber Sports Immortal

And we actually started February 24 last year and finished on March 12. So I would say as long as we start in early March then we are good.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Well someone joining really prefers 12 over 10 in a league so I'd hate to lose that person if we do 10 haha
    I'm not shy to admit this is myself but also mentioned I will play 10 if it means getting the league running again.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Are there currently 2 NOT re-joining as there are 12 in at the moment.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by JX3H View Post
    Are there currently 2 NOT re-joining as there are 12 in at the moment.
    I only removed 1 from the actual Yahoo page. Right now 3 DID NOT re-join and we added 1 new. So 10 at the moment.

The Wolverine

Can we set a time frame on when we confirm the number of teams? We're going into the last week of February now and we'll need to start the draft in the first week of March.

My vote is that we stick with 10 teams if there is no other interest already, lock the settings in and decide on a draft start date.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm good with finalizing it sooner rather than later.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd suggest starting by Friday 28th? We could maybe get a round or 2 in by end of weekend when it's understandably 'slower' due to weekends.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by JX3H View Post
    I'd suggest starting by Friday 28th? We could maybe get a round or 2 in by end of weekend when it's understandably 'slower' due to weekends.
    I wonder if that could be a bit soon, but wouldn't object if that's what everyone wants. I do think we need to start next week (w/b March 2nd) at the latest, though, whenever the first person is ready, to hopefully get off and running before that weekend.

Heads up to all - I'm away the weekend of March 6-8 and not sure of my online availability.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll be in the Dominican from the 21st to 28th of March. My bubba mug will be full, and so will I. Limited internet while I'm there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep I agree on getting it all finalized. I had about 4-5 people say they weren't interested so I think we are stuck at 10.

And ya as usual if you're away during "draft time" we will either hope for a list or just wait it out.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yep I agree on getting it all finalized. I had about 4-5 people say they weren't interested so I think we are stuck at 10.

And ya as usual if you're away during "draft time" we will either hope for a list or just wait it out.
    Thanks. I figure the only other settings that needs to be changed is to change it from keeper to one year? It seems recently that Yahoo defaults to keeper regardless.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thanks. I figure the only other settings that needs to be changed is to change it from keeper to one year? It seems recently that Yahoo defaults to keeper regardless.
    That and maybe a roster/lineup change since we have 2 less teams. I am working on a new thread now.