Thread: Keeper trade advice

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keeper trade advice

Hi guys,needing some help on an offer. So this is a keeper league and I am still
    In contention but my offer is do I trade away Point for Seguin and Giordano

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Keeper trade advice

Welcome to the forums. Let me link you to a thread that will help you on your Dobber Hockey journey going forward.

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ding-the-Forum

One of the very first posts in that thread is probably the most important one to new members when it comes to asking for advice. It says:

1. League type (Dynasty vs. Limited Keeper vs. One -year, Roto vs. H2H vs. Points only) Note: A points league that gives point values to categories does not equal points only.
    2. Salary or non-salary (also follow NHL salary cap hit or another type of salary setting)
    3. Scoring categories
    4. Full team Roster - Gives perspective when discussing trades
    5. Forward position differentiation (i.e. C/LW/RW, or simply F) - Important when discussing trades.
    6. Daily starts vs. Weekly starts
    7. How many players at each position iced per night. (i.e. 2G - That is a big one that makes a huge difference when discussing advice). Minimum goalie starts (i.e. 1 per week, 2 per week)
    8. Number of teams in the league - Important when talking goalies. There are 30 teams in the NHL meaning 30 starters in the NHL. If you're in a league with 16 teams that ices 2G per night..etc.
    9. League Provider -Don't assume that everybody uses the same league provider as you as some providers have different position eligibility among other things.

If you want the best advice, always give as much info as possible. Your original post (OP) is no different. Share some more details about your league and your team (as per the advice above) and I am sure you will get plenty of replies to your post. Enjoy!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Sorry it’s a limited keeper, H2h, weekly start 12 team espn league. Start 6 fwds, 4 def and 1 utility

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Kmain13 View Post
    Hi guys,needing some help on an offer. So this is a keeper league and I am still
    In contention but my offer is do I trade away Point for Seguin and Giordano
    Welcome to the forum. As axe mentioned, the more info the better. It would also be helpful to know where you are in he standings this season and if you have a realistic shot at winning. Prize breakdown and playoff format also help. This is a doozy of a potential trade so more info is definitely required for a quality answer.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

In a three way tie for 1st

Dobber Sports Sage

In a three way tie for 1st
    Good spot to be in. Can we see your team? What are the scoring categories?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

G-3
    A-2
    Ppg-4
    Ppa-3
    Espn 4 keeper limit league. H2H standard scoring.
    Start 6 fwds 4 def and 1 utility
    Fwd- Connor McDavid
    Fwd- Austin Mathews
    Fwd- Brayden Point
    Fwd- logan couture
    Fwd- nugent Hopkins
    Fwd Dustin Brown
    Fwd Bobby Ryan
    Fwd nicky ehlers
    Def Edler
    Def Ristolainen
    Def Greene
    Def slavin
    Def Subban

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Without knowing the rest of your team, I'll take a shot in the dark.

Assuming your drop would be a non-relevant player (note, this is a big iff), on face value I like the trade for you. Point is definitely a step above seguin, but I don't think its that huge of a gap, I'd still put them in the same general tier. Plus Seguin tends to be a back half player, so expect an uptick in production from him.

Gio is on a tear this season and imo, he covers whatever lost ground between seguin and point and then some.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Sorry guys new to this lol. I have my team on the previous message

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    Without knowing the rest of your team, I'll take a shot in the dark.

Assuming your drop would be a non-relevant player (note, this is a big iff), on face value I like the trade for you. Point is definitely a step above seguin, but I don't think its that huge of a gap, I'd still put them in the same general tier. Plus Seguin tends to be a back half player, so expect an uptick in production from him.

Gio is on a tear this season and imo, he covers whatever lost ground between seguin and point and then some.
    I make this trade as well with your settings. Hurts to lose point but it's a big upgrade on D. Seguin was snake bitten in the first half and he's a solid proven 2nd half guy. Gio walks in as your best d man by a good margin this season. Keepers go to mcdavid, Matthews, Seguin, and someone.. Possibly Gio if his metrics look sustainable by the end of season. It's a win now move and Seguin should produce similar to point ROS.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

Also how can I chang it to when I post it has all my roster info like your guys?

Dobber Sports Sage

Also how can I chang it to when I post it has all my roster info like your guys?
    In the top right corner of the screen click on 'settings'. Then on the left hand side of the screen click on edit signature. You can put all the info in there.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think I would do that trade if I was you. At first glance, it was a no brainer but as I dove into the numbers it seemed closer than I thought. You're taking a bit of a hit on taking Seguin over Point from a keeper stand point. It seems like a logical trade to make to upgrade this year in attempt to win now.
    It sucks to lose Point, but he is shooting ~23% yet at the same time he is playing with Kucherov.
    Gio is going to be a big upgrade on Green or Slavin (who I'd assume you'd drop). I'd expect Gio's pace to slow down slightly as his 5on5 S% is at 10.5% vs 8.5% in previous years and his IPP is at 52% vs ~40-45% previous years. On the other hand, when has Calgary has a top line/PP producing like theirs currently is. Gio being the quarter back on the top PP and your league being heavily weighted for PPP.
    I'd like to think Seguin is going to rebound or at least keep his pace up. He's still with Radulov, Benn seems to have got the demotion. Maybe they will reunite those 3 for a push down the stretch for the playoffs.