Poll: Patriots or Rams

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl LIII

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Super Bowl LIII

Patriot again vs Goff, Gurley and McVay. Should be great.

Administrator

Default Re: Super Bowl LIII

A part of me is hoping the court overturns the NFC championship, just to mess things up.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Dobber Sports Jedi

Not all... There's something about our generation being anti-dynasty. Yet most look back at the 50's, 60's, 70's & 80's and admire dynasties of the past. Even 90's with Bulls & Yankees.

A true, old school looking dynasty - such as the Pats is becoming more and rare. I for one am hoping the Pats win.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Pats win to see Brady need to use 2 hands to show off his rings.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

I want Rams. Haven't decided who I think will actually win yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Not all... There's something about our generation being anti-dynasty. Yet most look back at the 50's, 60's, 70's & 80's and admire dynasties of the past. Even 90's with Bulls & Yankees.

A true, old school looking dynasty - such as the Pats is becoming more and rare. I for one am hoping the Pats win.
    Did any of these other dynasty teams have to cheat to be a dynasty??

#DeflateGate
    #SpyGate

#WhatGatesWeDoNotKnowAbout?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

#DeflateGate
    #SpyGate

He does have a point. No one is remembering those incidents anymore. And while I know losing the one against Eli was a fluke with the helmet catch, the Pats really shouldn't have beat Seattle or Atlanta. Like....if the opposing coach had any sense of game management....

Dobber Sports Jedi

#DeflateGate
    #SpyGate

It wouldn't be a total shock if some of them did. They just existed in a non-multi-media world where those stories rarely came to light, if ever.

Stealing signals is essentially traditional in baseball, yet now, teams cry foul. Who knows what happened in a series or games 50 years ago.

Deflate gate screamed joke from the beginning. At 45-7, a 38pt victory can't be solely due to 1.8psi of pressure difference in a ball. Maybe it ends up 32-18, but it's still all Pats, all day. Colts never had a chance, even if the deflated ball was reversed.

Spygate - with schemes, playbooks - this makes more of a difference in football than most other sports. but it was a game in September vs. the Jets. The Pats could have sent the jets tape of their game plan and beaten that team. Just the fact it was the Jets of all teams they were caught filming is quite the joke in and of itself.

They didn't need to cheat in either circumstance. Both instances, they still would have won.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think the biggest thing with the "Gates" is what have they done where they haven't been caught.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Deflate gate screamed joke from the beginning. At 45-7, a 38pt victory can't be solely due to 1.8psi of pressure difference in a ball. Maybe it ends up 32-18, but it's still all Pats, all day. Colts never had a chance, even if the deflated ball was reversed.
    Is it not always called a game of inches? So yeah, the score was lop-sided... but one of those deflated balls is an inch lower and it becomes a pick 6 and Indy is up 7-0 instead of down 7-0.

And its also a game of momentum. So when a team gets ahead they have the momentum, so one inch difference puts the momentum in Indy's favour and a whole different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think the biggest thing with the "Gates" is what have they done where they haven't been caught.
    Exactly.... for each time they were 'caught' how many times have they not been caught.

And as for the argument that it likely happened in the past? Maybe, maybe not... but why is it always the Patriots that are getting caught in the NFL and not other teams?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Is it not always called a game of inches? So yeah, the score was lop-sided... but one of those deflated balls is an inch lower and it becomes a pick 6 and Indy is up 7-0 instead of down 7-0.

And its also a game of momentum. So when a team gets ahead they have the momentum, so one inch difference puts the momentum in Indy's favour and a whole different ball game.
    I'm a passive fan. not a fan of any team specifically. I think i've watched two quarters of football all season - including playoffs.

One could argue, that they've continued to win, despite having been caught - meaning - they've been watched closer than other teams since - especially deflate gate.
    and lost picks etc.

In 20 years... the only thing people will see when they look back is the number of superbowl appearances & the # of wins... only those that scroll down and read the * in the footnotes will learn about deflategate.

Dobber Sports Immortal

In 20 years... the only thing people will see when they look back is the number of superbowl appearances & the # of wins... only those that scroll down and read the * in the footnotes will learn about deflategate.
    You mean right now! I listen to daily podcasts and they're all mesmerized.

Dobber Sports Immortal

They ran a prediction on Madden 19 and it had Rams winning by 3.