Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Home Brewers rejoice!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Home Brewers rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    To each their own, just thought I would share.

As for actual beers I haven't had much outside of my usual circle this summe. However, I have my honeymoon coming up visiting a few places in Europe, so I'll try to remember to let you know if I find something.
    Cool!

Ya, we don't dabble into brewing sours. They are a bit harder to brew because you have to keep them at higher temps at the start of fermentation. Plus you have to introduce some sort of funky yeasts as well, from what I've read, that you don't want in your gear after you are done. Harder to get clean or something like that. I cant remember the exact process, but its a pain in the ass.

Our next batch we are looking at is a cucumber wheat ale but always looking ahead at new recipes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    To each their own, just thought I would share.

As for actual beers I haven't had much outside of my usual circle this summe. However, I have my honeymoon coming up visiting a few places in Europe, so I'll try to remember to let you know if I find something.
    Cantillon Brewery if are you going near there. Some of the best stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

And how did i just see this thread? I am a big craft beer fan and dabble in homebrewing.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Cool!

Ya, we don't dabble into brewing sours. They are a bit harder to brew because you have to keep them at higher temps at the start of fermentation. Plus you have to introduce some sort of funky yeasts as well, from what I've read, that you don't want in your gear after you are done. Harder to get clean or something like that. I cant remember the exact process, but its a pain in the ass.

Our next batch we are looking at is a cucumber wheat ale but always looking ahead at new recipes.
    Kettle souring is always an option as well.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    Kettle souring is always an option as well.
    We just created our own keggle actually by buying a key and cutting the top off it and finding a cover for the hole during brewing. The bag (we brew all-grains in a bag) just came in yesterday so we are looking to getting another brew on the go this weekend. The keggle will allow us to brew 10 gallons instead of the normal five we get when we use the turkey fryer so we plan on doing a wheat beer and splitting it into two 5G batches. One 5G batch will end up being a Cucumber Wheat and the other one we havent quite decided yet. It will either be some sort of Orange or a citrusy type of wheat beer.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Ok so I’m not going to home brew, but I will raise one !

My son (of age) has been fermenting his own “hiking whiskeys” — first one with a smoky pineapple flavor. But trying coffee beans sounds really good for both his next batch, and in your beers.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya we did a coffee ale a while back. It was tasty.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    We just created our own keggle actually by buying a key and cutting the top off it and finding a cover for the hole during brewing. The bag (we brew all-grains in a bag) just came in yesterday so we are looking to getting another brew on the go this weekend. The keggle will allow us to brew 10 gallons instead of the normal five we get when we use the turkey fryer so we plan on doing a wheat beer and splitting it into two 5G batches. One 5G batch will end up being a Cucumber Wheat and the other one we havent quite decided yet. It will either be some sort of Orange or a citrusy type of wheat beer.
    I have three keggles. Work very good.