Thread: Seguin/Tarasenko or Kucherov/Johansen

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Seguin/Tarasenko or Kucherov/Johansen

Hey all, want a little advice on a possible trade.

Who would you take? Seguin and Tarasenko or Johansen and Kucherov? Long term.

18 team league, 9 keepers/season. My current keepers are Marner, E. Kane, Schenn, Mittelstadt, Stepan, Dumba and Fleury. The other two would be the last keepers.

G, A, PPP, SOG, TOI, PIM, HIT, BLK, FOW

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Seguin/Tarasenko or Kucherov/Johansen

In a limited keeper I'd have a hard time not going Kucherov here. The problem is Johansen because Seguin and Tank could easily fill all your cats better than kuch and Johansen on any given year. Especially if tank wakes up one year. That said id worry about upgrading Johansen later and probably take the Kucherov side.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Newbie

Yeah, it's kind of tricky. Who do you think I might be able to trade RyJo for? He is great in the faceoff circle and provides some peripherals, but is he able to do that consistently?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kucherov side for me as well.
    As far as moving Johansen, consider packaging him with another close keeper for an upgrade. With your settings you would know best about who he is equal to and who is a step above when it comes to trade targets.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Kucherov side for me as well.
    As far as moving Johansen, consider packaging him with another close keeper for an upgrade. With your settings you would know best about who he is equal to and who is a step above when it comes to trade targets.
    I agree . Kuch all day !
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Attackbjorn View Post
    Yeah, it's kind of tricky. Who do you think I might be able to trade RyJo for? He is great in the faceoff circle and provides some peripherals, but is he able to do that consistently?
    yes, he's pretty consistent with FO's & periophs. his biggest knock is his inability to shoot the puck. I'm sure if you did a search, you could probably find, in some format - Tank & Seguin for Kuch alone.

if the plan would be to turn around and flip RyJo - then I would be doing it in a 2-1 to get a solid upgrade on him. Get a cat stuffer.

In a keep 9 - I'd probably want to keep someone over Mittelstadt though, if he Nolan Patrick's his 2nd pro season - that's a massive hole that will be hard to fill. you must have a second D that would be better equiped to be a keeper than Mitts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    In a limited keeper I'd have a hard time not going Kucherov here. The problem is Johansen because Seguin and Tank could easily fill all your cats better than kuch and Johansen on any given year. Especially if tank wakes up one year. That said id worry about upgrading Johansen later and probably take the Kucherov side.
    MZac nailed the most important point to me... limited keeper. Any chance I get to consolidate talent, I'm most likely going that route. Kuch is the best player in the deal...

Excellent sub-points by posters regarding the other 3, but suggesting you're not in the midst of a tight championship race (where particular cats are critical), I'm worrying about the "RyJo issue" later and just grabbing one of the top fantasy assets when I can.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji