Thread: Holtby?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Holtby?

What is going on, used to be a fantasy king but lately he's so inconsistent always let's in the early goal and again backup stealing starts away.
    H2H - Keep 3 players + 1 D - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG
    G - W, GAA, SV%, SO

C - McDavid,Scheifele,
    RW -
    LW -
    D - Reilly
    G -

H2H - Keep 4 players + 1 D - 12 - 3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS
    G- W, SV%, GAA, SO
    C- Seguin
    RW-Kane,Marner
    LW-
    D- Hedman
    G- Vasilevskiey

Administrator

Default Re: Holtby?

Big picture lesson: no goalie is a sure thing anymore. Game is faster (which is tougher on goalies) and league parity means there's more turnover in the standings. Once upon a time we also thought Carey Price was bullet proof.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

He's been an average (even below average) goalie for 1.5 seasons already. I think it's time to realize that he doesn't have it anymore. Also, Trotz gone doesn't help with team defence which has been pretty bad for large chunks of the season. Maybe he bounces back next season or not but I don't think we can expect Holtby to be an elite goalie year in year out anymore.

Another big stinker for him tonight, letting in 7 goals. Letting in 5+ goals a game is becoming much too common for him. Already 7 games this season with 5+ goals against.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Given that no goalie is a sure thing, that the game is faster and that some of the established goalies are getting used to the smaller equipment ... and Holtby is only 27 ... I'd hold and think although 1.5 years of not great and he may not be great going forward, he's still less risky than a "new" and currently hot goalie on average over the next 5-7 years. Sigh, Edmonton.
    31 team permanent keeper. 12F, 6D, +1 Skater, 2G, 5 Reserve, 8 Prospects (744 skaters, 62 goalies, 248 prospects)
    Goalie - 20 W, 2.5 save, -15 GA, 15 SO
    Skater - 25 point, 2 PIM, 1 Hit, 2 Block, +/- 10, TOI 0.2/min, Special team points +5, Fight 5
    Strict NHL salary cap & floor

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's above average this year by goals saved above average, which is a bit surprising.

The big takeaway is that the new rules have decreased goalie performance, and may have increased goalie injuries. So there's anew normal, and it's a decreased standard.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    The big takeaway is that the new rules have decreased goalie performance, and may have increased goalie injuries. So there's anew normal, and it's a decreased standard.
    Everybody forgot to inform Robin Lehner.

The Great One

Stanley Cup hangover is real. As I noted in my preseason 15 fearless fantasy forecasts, it's been roughly 20 seasons since a Cup winning goalie was nominated for the Vezina the next season, and in many cases they have a subpar year by their standards. Also, he clearly misses Trotz and Korn - look what they've done in New York.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Holtby looked LOST last night. The goal with 1.0 seconds remaining was bad luck in a way, but he tracked the puck slowly and was already down before the pass got to Kane.

Break comes at the perfect time for that team.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Another game where he gives up 5 goals. He's unplayable nowadays.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.