Thread: Trading Excess RW

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trading Excess RW

So I've been hoarding my RW excess, paranoid that one will get hurt, but I'm wondering if I need to trade one to try and preserve my lead. There are lots of teams looking for good wing help, and the waiver wire is a wasteland. Any suggestions on which of Kessel/Stone/Lindholm/Atkinson I should maybe look to trade? My thinking is that my biggest area of weakness is D, but I'm not sure it's worth it unless I can somehow turn one of these guys into a Hedman or something comparable. My +/- is crappy, and I'm a little worried about PIMs - though both of these categories carry less weight than the standard Pts/G/A, which I'm doing well in. Any thoughts are appreciated (with reps). Team and league format are in signature.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

The Great One

Default Re: Trading Excess RW

Take this with a grain of salt, because I don't play roto leagues. If I were trading one of those 4, it would probably be Kessel. I see no harm in shopping a guy like that to see the best D offer you can get. If there are lots of teams looking for W help, at a minimum, you owe it to yourself to see if you can generate a bidding war. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt, because I don't play roto leagues. If I were trading one of those 4, it would probably be Kessel. I see no harm in shopping a guy like that to see the best D offer you can get. If there are lots of teams looking for W help, at a minimum, you owe it to yourself to see if you can generate a bidding war. Good luck.
    Thanks Als, appreciate the feedback. I'm in first place in a non-keeper league, so bidding wars are difficult when most won't want to trade with me. Having said that, there are penalties for the bottom of the league, so maybe I can entice some of the bottom feeders...
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So folks, given what I've got, am I being too greedy or not greedy enough in asking for Hedman for one of my RW? Josi and Subban are also available from some of the bottom teams that may be interested in one of my guys...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post
    So folks, given what I've got, am I being too greedy or not greedy enough in asking for Hedman for one of my RW? Josi and Subban are also available from some of the bottom teams that may be interested in one of my guys...
    No harm in asking. In a non-keeper league someone might value Kessel’s scoring high enough to make that deal. In a keeper it usually wouldn’t fly.
    10 Team H2H Fantrax League, Points (Cats), Daily lineup, 3 claims / wk.
    F - 5, D - 4, G - 2, Skt - 1, Bench - 6, IR - 3

F - P. Kane, Zibanejad, Couturier, E. Lindholm, Kopitar, B. Schenn, Kadri, Monahan, Hintz, Rust, Nylander
    D - Burns, D. Hamilton, Girard, Andersson
    G - Hellebuyck, Andersen, Samsonov

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6