Thread: Carolina Hurricanes - ROS / What to Expect?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Carolina Hurricanes - ROS / What to Expect?

Does Caro go after someone at the deadline? I know its been a back and forth for the team but with a playoff push in grasp and some recent moves what do people expect? Are they going after someone else to solidify nets, Mrazek has had horrible numbers, McEilhinney is there on my wire. I was debating trying to piece together this tandem as they have the most games my H2H playoff weeks (Mar 4-25). Thoughts? I`m sure I could get Mrazek for a bag of pucks or a third fourth piece in a deal.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re: Carolina Hurricanes - ROS / What to Expect?

Will the Canes make moves designed to improve goaltending before the deadline?

IMO, not a chance.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Carolina Hurricanes - ROS / What to Expect?

I sort of expect Carolina to just ride the season out without a big change.
    The GM (Waddell) is still sort of feeling this team out.

Right now, they could still make a run for playoffs... they could finish last.

IMO - the East has a VERY clear top 7 - which now includes NYI (TB+TOR+BOS... PIT+WAS+CBJ).
    The 8th spot is currently Montreal's... and Buffalo is there... but Carolina is just a better team than both of those - IMO.

So, if they climb up, they get the 8th seed and face TB.
    Does any GM really want to part with any youth/picks just to get rocked by TB in round 1?
    I don't think so.

And the top two picks in the draft are pretty awesome rewards. (Hughes, Kaako)

I think Carolina just holds pat with their current crew.
    They might make another lateral move (like Rask for Nino)... but you won't see them peddle off any vets.

Maybe another GM will flip his struggling goalie for Darling.
    I could see Chicago wanting to take Darling back... if CAR sweetens the deal to move him out.
    Almost like a reverse of the 2016 trade when CHI got CAR to take Bickell's contract - but had to sweet it with TeuvoT.
    I could see something like that as the Hawks rebuild.
    Darling + something small (maybe a 3rd...) going back to CHI.