Thread: Last 2 moves of the year...really need Dobber Community help with this.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Last 2 moves of the year...really need Dobber Community help with this.

Hi Guys.
    Would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on which 2 of these players you'd want...ROS...Points only (G-1, A-1).
    Lots of choices, I know, sorry, but these will be my last 2 moves of the year...I'm fighting to get into the $$ in our year long pool...
    have to get some wins in the H2H part of our league to get into the playoffs...am not sure who to pickup...so could really use the help
    of the Dobber community for a good shot at picking up the best guys.
    Appreciate any replies and will REP who I can.

Duchesne......YTD 45/38 PPG 1.18...Last 10-11 pt *Games left-16 Home-8
    M Tkachuk.....YTD 55/48 PPG 1.15...Last 10-13 pt (4 in one game) *Games left-15 Home-6
    Lindholm.......YTD 55/48 PPG 1.15...Last 10-14 pt *Games left-15 Home-6
    Petterson......YTD 42/38 PPG 1.11....Last 10-9 pt *Games left-16 Home-7
    Atkinson.......YTD 48/45 PPG 1.07....Last 10-10 pt *Games left-16 Home 9
    Stone...........YTD 49/47 PPG 1.04....Last 10-9 pt *Games left-16 Home-8
    Huberdeau....YTD 47/45 PPG 1.04....Last 10-5 pt *Games left-17 Home-13
    Guenzel........YTD 44/46 PPG .96......Last 10-11 pt *Games left 17 Home-8
    Larkin...........YTD 45/48 PPG .94......Last 10-9 pt *Games left 16 Home-8
    Skinner.........YTD 44/47 PPG .94......Last 10-6 pt *Games left 17 Home-9
    RNH.............YTD 44/47 PPG .94 .....Last 10-10 pt *Games left 17 Home-7
    Whew.
    NOTE..*Games left...refers to games left in our H2H Regular Season (Jan 20 to March 2) to determine who gets
    into the Playoffs.
    Thanks for any replies. Appreciate you taking the time.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Last 2 moves of the year...really need Dobber Community help with this.

I would take Duchene and Lindholm. You are over half way through the season so it's safe to say they should continue to produce at this pace for the rest of the year. Duchene in a contract year...if he gets traded he may slow down so beware. Lindholm riding shotgun to Johnny Hockey also having a career year so luck seems to be on their side this year. Honorable mention to Tkachuk and Pettersson but injury and fatigue (Petey) and style of game (Tkachuk) make me feel that a dip in points could happen. The dark horse is Guentzel. More games available and Pitt has been hot.

I like em all but for points only, I go Duchene and Lindholm. That is just my opinion. Good Luck
    - The Fan

11 Team Dynasty Cap League
    9 Forwards, 4 Defense, 1 Goalie, 8 Bench
    Keep 17 each year (drop 4 minimum)
    G=1, A=1, +/-=0.2, PIM=0.1, Hits=0.1, Blks=0.1, W=2, SO=2

McDavid, Stamkos, Schiefele, Eichel, Marner, Wilson, Pettersson, Pacioretty, Zegras, Terry, Granlund, Atkinson, Tippett
    Rielly, Sergachev, Theodore, Orlov, Karlsson, Sanderson
    Smith, Merzlikins

2018-19 Champion
    2019-20 Champion
    2020-21 Champion

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Last 2 moves of the year...really need Dobber Community help with this.

lindholm and petey for me.
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Ace

I wonder if your games left takes into account same night schedule since I believe you are focused on gaining in H2H... I would want to know which if these dudes is gonna crack your fantasy lineup the most. Typically ANA and CGY do very well (best) for off night schedule. That has me thining Lindholm - especially with Johnny going nuts these days. VAN has decent schedule near end of year too... so maybe that and all the time off Pettersson has had will hekp him finish without hitting a wall of fatigue... I'd be concerned that he may be headed down the path of BAB tho...
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Duchene and Guentzel for me with Huberdeau a possibility despite his recent lack of production.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    I wonder if your games left takes into account same night schedule since I believe you are focused on gaining in H2H... I would want to know which if these dudes is gonna crack your fantasy lineup the most. Typically ANA and CGY do very well (best) for off night schedule. That has me thining Lindholm - especially with Johnny going nuts these days. VAN has decent schedule near end of year too... so maybe that and all the time off Pettersson has had will hekp him finish without hitting a wall of fatigue... I'd be concerned that he may be headed down the path of BAB tho...
    Thanks jhonny. Our H2H is pretty simple. We have 15 teams in main pool with 5 teams in each of 3 divisions for the H2H part of it. Each of our teams have 25 players (19F, 4D, 2 Rookies). Each week my 25 man team takes on a divisional rival’s 25 and most points (G-1, A-1) for the week gets the $$$. There is no waiver wire, no daily substitutions (we are allowed just 6 moves for the year + IR (see sig)), no off days to strategize for, etc. It’s fun but I’m in the Top Division and have an 0-4 record. Competitive every week so far but just getting edged out. I’d have to win at least 3 but more likely 4 of the next 4 matches to get into the 2 team Divisional playoff. Not likely as the 2 leaders in my Division have been hot.

But I’m trying. I put Petterson on my list as he deserved to be there PPG wise but hoped no one would rec him as I have an issue with his injuries. He is probably a high risk high reward guy but so are others on the list with higher ppg.

Thanks for posting. Appreciate
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gun to my head I go Lindholm and Guentzel.

Lindholm for Calgary's higher off night schedule. He's got great deployment at even strength, PP and PK.

I also like Guentzel (seems to have finally arrived. As a Hornqvist owner I find it frustrating)

Finally Huberdeau. More games, chasing playoffs and with Trocheck back I really like their PP.

Duchene is doing well but the team he is playing on isn't great so I think he goes hot and cold rest of the way - 3 point night then nothing for a couple...
    --------------------------------------------
    10 team ESPN H-2-H each cat, Keep 3 league, 7 P/U p/wk
    20 man roster, 15 start, 5 bench, 1 IR
    Position min - 2xF, 2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 1xUtil, 2xG, 5xBench

G, A, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, D-Point, W, SVs, SO, SV%

2015 - Third
    2016 - Winner
    2017 - Third
    2018 - Runner Up
    2019 - Winner
    2021 - Winner
    2022 - Runner Up

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by renello View Post
    Duchene and Guentzel for me with Huberdeau a possibility despite his recent lack of production.
    Thanks for playing!

Lindholm and Atkinson for me, with confidence.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well, you have lots of good options. Duchene, Petterson, Stone, Huberdeau, Guentzel, Skinner, and Lindholm are all pretty close.

Do you need more goals than assists, or vice versa? Petterson, Guentzel, and Skinner are probably your best goal options, while Duchene, Stone, and Lindholm are good for both.

Gun to my head, I probably take Duchene and Stone, especially since you don't have to worry about +/- in your league, but honestly, any 2 of those 7 players are going to be good adds.
    -----------------

LEAGUE: keeper -- 6 keepers per year, no farm; roto; 10 managers, 18-man rosters; 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 5 Bench; limits of 99 games per skater position & 82 games per goalie position; daily roster moves; max 100 waiver wire transactions per year; scoring categories of G, A, +/-, HIT, PPP, SOG, DEF (points by d-men), W, GAA, SA%, and SV.

ROSTER:

C: Draisaitl* (LW), Dubois, Nelson
    LW: Svechnikov* (RW), Hagel
    RW: Kucherov*, Tarasenko, Wilson, Stone, Laine, Reinhart, P. Kane (IR)
    D: Fox*, Karlsson*, Chabot (IR), Faulk, Martinez
    G:: Vasilevskiy*, Vanecek, Adin, Knight (IR)

* = 2023 keepers

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If I understand this format correctly, the other teams in your division could have the same players as you.

So - your team is currently INFERIOR and you need to roster some unrostered players on opponents to JUMP your team OUTPUT relatively/greatly.
    So - you really need to poke around at your upcoming opponents, and also identify which players on your list they do NOT own.

Am I on the right track with this?
    Basically - you need to do some ZIGging to their ZAGging... to pull some wins out.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lindholm & Guentzel, the off night helps if you can only start so many each night
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    If I understand this format correctly, the other teams in your division could have the same players as you.
    Yes. Non Draft Pool so all teams have many of the same players. The Year long pool leader has just 8 players that I don't have and I 8 that he doesn't have. His 8 are WAAY better than mine though.

So - your team is currently INFERIOR and you need to roster some unrostered players on opponents to JUMP your team OUTPUT relatively/greatly.
    I'm now tied 5th in the year long pool so yes, inferior to 4 teams, but they are all in my H2H Division. I actually have a good team but the guys above me are slightly better, right now.

So - you really need to poke around at your upcoming opponents, and also identify which players on your list they do NOT own.
    I have just 2 swaps left for the year. So I'm limited. I'm planning on dropping 2 of Getzlaf, Keller or Marchessault. Adding 2 from the above list. Non of my 4 different opponents in the coming weeks yet have Lindholm, Guentzel, Duchense, Atkinson, Larkin or Skinner. 4 actually have the Nuge. 2 have Stone, 2 have Petey, 1 has Hubs, 1 Tkachuk.

Am I on the right track with this?
    Basically - you need to do some ZIGging to their ZAGging... to pull some wins out.
    Pretty much but I'm very limited in how much I can ZIG/ZAG as I have just 2 SWAPS left.

So I'm thinking of adding 2 of Guentzel, Lindholm or Atkinson who are on the first bye now. Keller, Getz and March are playing now...i'd drop 2 of these 3 after they are done this week,..then add 2 of Lindholm, Guentzel or Atkinson. Doing Atkinson and Guentzel gets me 7 additional games, Jake and Lindholm would get me 5 additional games...in my current 2 week match...that I wouldn't otherwise get. Good strategy? I've changed my signature to explain how the H2H portion of our league works.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Pengwin7. Appreciate hearing your thoughts.