Thread: Trade Advice - Nylander/Letang for Stone/Heiskanen

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Trade Advice - Nylander/Letang for Stone/Heiskanen

Hi all,
    In need of some sound trade advice.
    8 man deep keeper league

Being offered: Mark Stone, Miro Heiskanen, plus 2nd round pick next year
    Being asked for: Willy Nylander, Kris Letting

Go for it? Hang on to Nylander? Stone going to be solid for next couple years?
    Thanks

The Great One

Default Re: Trade Advice - Nylander/Letang for Stone/Heiskanen

Welcome to the forums. Your question is a bit difficult since there is so little info.

Just how "deep" is your league? (How many teams and now many are rostered at each position)? "Deep" is a very relative term.

Also, what does the rest of your roster look like? I have no idea where your holes are, so it's next to impossible to say if this trade will help your team.

Dobber Sports Ace

I would hit accept
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for the reply... I appreciate the input
    - 10 team league
    - points, SOG, PIM, PPP, GWG
    - 10 players can be kept year-to-year

12 F
    Matthews, Nylander, Monehan, Lindholm, Gourde, Bailey, Karlsson, Ehlers, Coutourier, Konecny, Nyquist, Tatar
    6 D
    Letand, Ellis, Trouba, Morrisey, Lindell, Dillon
    + 4 bench spots

Currently struggling with offence

I think my main question is wanting peoples take on Heiskanen as a long term keeper asset vs. how much quality production Letang is going to provide in the next couple years. The 2nd being offered up is also pretty attractive.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Stud

What place are you in? Are u going for it or rebuilding

Dobber Sports Newbie

Sadly, 9 out of 10.
    Offence hasn't been there at all this year. So rebuilding is probably the route...
    The tricky part... is to avoid tanking, the 9th and 10th place finishes are not given the best odds at the #1 pick (and shot at Jack Hughes this year). Lottery priority is actually for 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st. I don't really agree with that... but it is what it is.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hopefully you hit accept. The fact you got a pick out of this is fantastic.

The Great One

The lottery priority system is a joke...best odds to the 4th best team? It seems that to combat 'tanking', they have also eliminated rebuilding/retooling. But that's another story.

While this deal is 'ok', I'm not in love with it. I assume Stone and Letang will continue to be studs this year, and for a number of years beyond. However, I expect Nylander to bounce back next year much faster than the development period for Heiskenen (who will be stuck behind Klingberg for eons). I also think replacing a player like Letang will be a lot harder than acquiring a player like Stone.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer82 View Post
    Sadly, 9 out of 10.
    Offence hasn't been there at all this year. So rebuilding is probably the route...
    The tricky part... is to avoid tanking, the 9th and 10th place finishes are not given the best odds at the #1 pick (and shot at Jack Hughes this year). Lottery priority is actually for 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st. I don't really agree with that... but it is what it is.
    In that case, accept easy

Dobber Sports Pro

Sadly, 9 out of 10.

This lottery priority make no sense at all! If you finish 3rd = 8th best odds but if you finish just one place behind you got the best odds??! There is surely a better way to avoid tanking
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Newbie

Pretty ridiculous right? I joined this league a couple years ago and prior to me.... they had 1 year where one manager tanked HARD specifically to land McDavid. So the guys made these stupid rules to make sure it never happened again. For me coming in with a shit team, its been brutally hard to rebuild from the bottom.

The Great One

Pretty ridiculous right? I joined this league a couple years ago and prior to me.... they had 1 year where one manager tanked HARD specifically to land McDavid. So the guys made these stupid rules to make sure it never happened again. For me coming in with a shit team, its been brutally hard to rebuild from the bottom.
    I suspect that preventing tanking was only half the objective of the league. I suspect the other objective was to keep the crappy teams at the bottom...