Thread: Reinhart or DeBrincat

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Reinhart or DeBrincat

Hi everyone,
    in a keeper league point only, who do you prefer and why?

I'm looking for production in 2 years and beyong.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Reinhart or DeBrincat

Great cage match!

Reinhart is starting to hit his potential, so I believe the majority will vote Reinhart. For me, however, it's almost too close to call. Debrincat had .6ppg in his first season, and has .8ppg in this his second season. Compare that with Reinhart's first two full seasons (.5ppg and .6ppg respectively). Also, Debrincat earned his points last season on about 14 minutes per game and on lower lines.

However, Reinhart is now at .9ppg, and will still, IMO, trend upward next year. I believe Debrincat will also trend upward and that he has yet to breakout, as Reinhart has.

Tough call. I would not trade my Debrincat for Reinhart, but only because in my mind, it would lateral (and I like my Debrincat).
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Reinhart or DeBrincat

I'm very high on DeBrincat and reached for him a round or two early in our redraft this year. He almost had 30 goals last season as a rookie playing with garbage 3rd line deployment and linemates, this year he's well on pace to crush 35 goals (maybe even hit 40?) and still isn't even getting full time usage in the top six. He seems to have locked down his top powerplay spot and has been scoring frequently on it, a big reason for its recent turnaround (along with Gustafsson). There are shades of Panarin level chemistry forming between him and Kane and if they get to play together full time in the near future it's going to be fun to watch.

Reinhart is no slouch either and seems to be getting closer to his potential finally, but it's taken a big improvement to his usage and linemates to finally make it happen. He was largely invisible when away from Eichel. DBC has done more earlier in his career with very little exposure to the Hawks other star players and his situation can improve even further so my preference goes to him. He is going to be a star and there is probably still a window where you can acquire him fairly cheap.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner