Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Igor Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Igor Shestyorkin

Any chance we could see him playing backup to Lundy next season? I realize the Rangers may want to give him time in the A to develop but if he plays well enough, anyone think it's likely he'll become the number 2 in 2019/2020? Thinking of dropping Subban and replacing him with Shestyorkin. I'm not in a rush and don't need all 3 goalies to be regulars right away. I believe I'd have a pretty solid trio for a young rebuilding team. Samsanov, Demko then Shestyorkin. I'd have to drop Husso to make room for either Shest or Samsanov. Thoughts? Will rep who I can. Thanks everyone!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Igor Shestyorkin

It was my understanding that Shestyorkin’s contract was up after this year and that he wanted to come over. I have been following his career for a couple years and I think he is the best goalie not in the NHL. He has been ridiculous in the KHL and has superstar potential. I would make the move.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

I think that virtually everyone agrees that both Samsonov and Shestyorkin are superior to Husso at this stage. I'd drop Husso to get either one.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks to you both. Rep'd who I could.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Igor Shestyorkin to Sport Express on his future w/ the Rangers. #NYR

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't think he's the number 2 in 19-20 even if he comes over.

I realize I may be the biggest Georgiev believer out here, but he's now 23, and has been legitimately above average to good in the NHL over 2 years as an unheralded Russian goalie who wasn't supposed to be in the NHL.

The last completely unhreralded Russian goalie to play 40+ games by their age 22 season and be above average is Bobrovsky. I'm not saying that's he's going to be that good, but there's a really good chance he's being underrated.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

As a Shestyorkin owner these were excellent comments to read. Starting in the AHL would be fine but the Rangers need to find a home for him sooner than later. He is their future and has elite potential. I wouldn't trade him for any goalie prospect other than Hart.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think he signs this summer and comes over next season but likely won't play much in the NHL. One year in the AHL and then NHL in 2020.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Giant

The best case scenario might just be Lundqvist waiving his NTC to go some place like Calgary, and NYR just runs Shestyorkin/Georgiev. I really want to see Hank get a Cup, he deserves it and the Rangers could add some more assets to their sweet rebuild.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

SKA is losing some big pieces this offseason. Gusev, Shesterkin, and if reports are correct Vladislav Gavrikov is going to join CBJ here soon. His contract in the KHL is expiring as well. It was also thought/rumored that one P. Datsyuk was considering returning to the NHL for the 19-20 season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    SKA is losing some big pieces this offseason. Gusev, Shesterkin, and if reports are correct Vladislav Gavrikov is going to join CBJ here soon. His contract in the KHL is expiring as well. It was also thought/rumored that one P. Datsyuk was considering returning to the NHL for the 19-20 season.
    They're also looking to lose Nikolai Prokhorkin to Los Angeles and I'm not very hopeful Datsyuk will come back this way, he's likely played his last game for SKA. Probably will finish up his career with Avtomobilist.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    If Datsyuk comes back, that means I have a decision to make in my main league.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Igor will have a shot to backup Lundy. Have to keep an eye on what the Rangers do between now and October. All things being equal, he starts in the AHL but I don't see him staying there very long. He's already a well experienced pro goalie. The KHL to North America adjustment seems to be a little bit smoother for goaltenders. He's going to force the issue and it won't take long. Rangers will need to make a decision about Georgiev.

Seems like a great position to be in but goalies just don't seem to return much value. I wouldn't be surprised to see Georgiev moved for a 2nd and maybe an average prospect. Seems like quite a few teams could be interested though, depending on where Bob ends up.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd say there would be a lot of teams who would love to have Georgiev as the backup goalie, including the Rangers. I don't think they trade him. Maybe a short two year contract renewal but I will be surprised if he's dealt. It just takes too long to develop goalies and there's still a lot of unknowns with Shestyorkin right now for the Rangers to simply hand over the backup role to him. They will want him to play and adjust to the pro game on this side of the pond.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

The Rangers would get good value for Georgiev on the trade market, especially with teams switching to relying on two strong goalies rather than having a workhorse and a door opener.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust