Thread: Tank vs Boeser

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Tank vs Boeser

I’m a Boeser owner, he’s my rookie carryover and my plan is to sign him to 2 years after the season. Tank is having a down year, but is a proven 30+ goal guy. Would it make any sense to move Boeser in a deal to get Tank? The other gm (based on tank being proven) would want a mid round pick of some sort it sounds like, basically said add in something you think would make it fair. I’ve got an extra 3, 4 and 5. Would this be a lateral move getting the older Tank, or is there merit to it, I’d say I could do 1 for 1, or move say a 5 with Boeser? Drais, Keller and Barkov Will be my other 3 keepers, barky is already and Drais and Keller I’ll sign after the season as I got them in traded this year. Boeser gets Pettersson exposure, but just wonder how his upside compared to Tank. I feel they’re pretty similar, and Boeser is younger and will play with a better centre year to year.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Tank vs Boeser

I think tank is the better own. But he seems to have a 40 goal, 75 point ceiling until he proves otherwise. I feel like something is off this season (lingering shoulder?) and I expect him back in the mid 70s next year.

That said, it would be nice to see what boeser can do if both he and pettersson can stay healthy next year. It's difficult to call their upside at this stage. I know your league is goal heavy and Tarasenko is the safer play for a few seasons. But because he's having such a down year I wouldn't want to add to Boeser. I think I'd be fine with the swap 1 for 1 but holding firm with no pick going out. I'd be fine going into next year with optimism on the Vancouver duo staying healthy.

The other thing to consider here is not giving up your picks when you aren't competitive half way through this season. The only way I'd consider trading picks was if it was a homerun, clear, large win for you (in this league something like boeser for Pasternak I'd consider adding but still hesitant). This isn't that trade. You want to be acquiring picks, not moving them out. Don't make a trade just to feel like you're doing something at this stage (I understand it's probably boring when you're not competing but sometimes the best thing to do is nothing).
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I think tank is the better own. But he seems to have a 40 goal, 75 point ceiling until he proves otherwise. I feel like something is off this season (lingering shoulder?) and I expect him back in the mid 70s next year.

That said, it would be nice to see what boeser can do if both he and pettersson can stay healthy next year. It's difficult to call their upside at this stage. I know your league is goal heavy and Tarasenko is the safer play for a few seasons. But because he's having such a down year I wouldn't want to add to Boeser. I think I'd be fine with the swap 1 for 1 but holding firm with no pick going out. I'd be fine going into next year with optimism on the Vancouver duo staying healthy.

The other thing to consider here is not giving up your picks when you aren't competitive half way through this season. The only way I'd consider trading picks was if it was a homerun, clear, large win for you (in this league something like boeser for Pasternak I'd consider adding but still hesitant). This isn't that trade. You want to be acquiring picks, not moving them out. Don't make a trade just to feel like you're doing something at this stage (I understand it's probably boring when you're not competing but sometimes the best thing to do is nothing).
    Great post, I couldn’t agree more. So if it happened to be 1 for 1, would you do it then? The other team is young too, low in standings, and may get 2 top 5 picks. Tank is his 2, so he can also hold him and hope for a rebound. Any other guys you’d trade Boeser for in my situation, where you’d sweeten the pot with some sort of pick if you had to, or trade 1 for 1? I’m happy keeping him but I wouldn’t mind getting a guy that’s say 23-24 as he’s more firmly in best years vs Boeser I likely wouldn’t own at peak (as he’s 22 soon) and I’d only have him through age 24. Plus a guy i’d Acquire that may be a couple of years older would still have a lot of value when it comes to having to flip them down the road.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'll take Tarasenko over boeser for the next two years as more of a sure thing in a goal heavy league. Tanks only 27 and the next two years could be his most productive. But even if they're not, I feel like 35 goals and 70 points for tank next season is pretty much a lock. I know that alot of guys have their most productive years around 24 but that's not a hard and fast rule. Lots of examples (see Marchand, wheeler, or Tavares on pace for his most productive season), especially with scoring continuing to climb. Point is Tarasenko and the blues are having a rough year and should rebound next season. Boeser has less certainty imo (and possibly more upside at some point) and will probably go through highs and lows (less consistent) over the next two years.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Genius

WHOA! Hold up. Whether or not you trade for Tarasenko is up to you, but, right now is absolutely not the time to trade Boeser. Because... timing.

When Pettersson and Boeser have been in the line up together (and on the same line) for the Canucks they have been OUTSTANDING. The problem is that one of them keeps getting dinged up at alternating times. Pettersson is about to return to the line-up (see: Del Zotto trade to open roster spot) and the expectation and hype in Vancouver is that the Pettersson/Boeser is about to take off again.

Give Boeser and Pettersson a few weeks together before offering up Boeser. I am fairly confident (barring injury) that Boeser's trade value is about to spike as he and Pettersson get more playing time. The media in Vancouver are already starting to lay out the storyline.

Watch the overtime period from Canucks @ Senators Jan. 2, 2019. More of this is 'expected' almost immediately.

(skip to the 40-second mark when they drop the puck if it doesn't auto start at 40 seconds on your device)
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    WHOA! Hold up. Whether or not you trade for Tarasenko is up to you, but, right now is absolutely not the time to trade Boeser. Because... timing.

When Pettersson and Boeser have been in the line up together (and on the same line) for the Canucks they have been OUTSTANDING. The problem is that one of them keeps getting dinged up at alternating times. Pettersson is about to return to the line-up (see: Del Zotto trade to open roster spot) and the expectation and hype in Vancouver is that the Pettersson/Boeser is about to take off again.

Give Boeser and Pettersson a few weeks together before offering up Boeser. I am fairly confident (barring injury) that Boeser's trade value is about to spike as he and Pettersson get more playing time. The media in Vancouver are already starting to lay out the storyline.

Watch the overtime period from Canucks @ Senators Jan. 2, 2019. More of this is 'expected' almost immediately.

(skip to the 40-second mark when they drop the puck if it doesn't auto start at 40 seconds on your device)
    It's a good point. If he won't go 1 for 1 just keep boeser. In a few weeks you could be asking for the pick upgrade.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    It's a good point. If he won't go 1 for 1 just keep boeser. In a few weeks you could be asking for the pick upgrade.
    I said I won’t do a pick, but 1 for 1 makes more sense, and he said send later and he’ll have a look...

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I said I won’t do a pick, but 1 for 1 makes more sense, and he said send later and he’ll have a look...
    I might just hang onto BB, he was on a 38 goal pace last year, and 35 so far this year, and that's with him and Peter both missing time and not playing all the games together.

I think Boeser may overtake Tank in value as early as next season..
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

I remember this OT vividly. Pettersson/Boeser are fun to watch.
    14 Team | Keep 5 | H2H Weekly Lock
    Start: 2 x C, LW, RW | 4 x D | 1 x G

Scoring System:

+/- (0.5), G (3), A (2), PIM (0.25), PPG (1), PPA (1), SHG (2), ShG (1), BLK (0.1), HIT (0.1), GWG (1), HT (2)
    W (5), SHO (3), S (0.2), GA (-1), ShSv (0.2)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kylegary Flames View Post
    I remember this OT vividly. Pettersson/Boeser are fun to watch.
    I guess Boeser isn’t flashy, so don’t notice him as much as say a Marner who looks like a figure skater lol

Dobber Sports Initiate

Given the train wreck that is going on in St. Louis and fact that Boeser is younger and already close enough in value to Tank + Pettersson is such a rising NHL star and Tank doesn’t have a a Pettersson - I just keep Boeser

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Given the train wreck that is going on in St. Louis and fact that Boeser is younger and already close enough in value to Tank + Pettersson is such a rising NHL star and Tank doesn’t have a a Pettersson - I just keep Boeser
    I think I’ll do that, even if St. Louis improves, tank will never play with a guy as good as Pettersson, and he is almost 6 years older. If it was a definite upgrade that’s 1 thing, but buying low on tank doesn’t equal Boeser. Also the fact he’s loaded with picks, and was asking for a pick too with Boeser he’s obviously not giving much credit to boeser, or too much to tank. He’s not a 40 goal guy. I said I wouldn’t do a pick, at most 1 for 1 and he said I’ll habe a look, but I never ended up sending.