Thread: [Trade] Del Zotto to Anaheim

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default [Trade] Del Zotto to Anaheim

...for Luke Schenn.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/...hael-del-zotto

The trade between the Canucks and Ducks occurred late Wednesday night. Del Zotto had been a healthy scratch for the last four games for the Canucks and only dressed once since December 6th, 2018. Perhaps Del Zotto may see more playing time in southern California, but even if he does, this trade should carry almost no fantasy impact. Jan 17 - 1:06 AM
    Seems like there are small trades happening every day. Teams could be setting themselves up for bigger trades? Maybe not.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: [Trade] Del Zotto to Anaheim

Personally, I see this as the Anaheim GM making a bunch of lateral moves to look busy and save his bacon.
    Del Zotto is not going to improve the club.
    Nor will Derek Grant. Or Sustr.
    And Terry & Jones are too young/raw to really help the club.

But it sure looks like Anaheim is "doing something".
    I guess we'll see MDZ start a few games though... and guys play about 5% harder when they are trying to prove themselves on a new team.

So, we might see MDZ's big HIT totals return.
    I'll be signing him up for a few games in my HIT roto leagues.

Administrator

I didn't like the Aberg trade. Better to try sending him down than trading him for Kloos.
    I like the Grant trade since they gave up nothing to get him.
    This trade is a small upgrade. But was it worth moving a pick to acquire a better healthy scratch?

Overall, so much sideways action. Let's throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks. On one hand they make the move for Shore thinking there's some untapped potential. On the other hand they just give up on Aberg who has some untapped potential and showed some positive signs at times. Despite his struggles he was worth investing more time to work out the kinks.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

MDZ might come in and play hard to look good, helping the team for the time being. If he does that, he'll be a success even if he reverts to his lousy self thereafter.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Immortal

Rough year for the Schenn brothers.