Poll: Vancouver or Mexico City

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Better 4 day vacation: Vancouver or Mexico City?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Better 4 day vacation: Vancouver or Mexico City?

that said Vancouver also great... world class and as beautiful as any big city can be. gastown, granville island, rent a bike around stanley park, whistler, grouse grind.. others could probably add more. can't go wrong with either choice.

Dobber Sports Star

I really can't believe how lopsided this vote is - not a very adventurous bunch!

It really does come down to who you are and what you want to get out of the trip though. For me this would be the easiest decision ever (in favor of MC), but for some of my more conservative friends I would definitely recommend Vancouver instead.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Just curious - why Mexico over, say, Puerto Rico or the Caribbean? The Caribbean is great.
    I live about four miles from the ocean in an area where it is generally warm year-round so flying somewhere warm mainly to go to the beach isn't appealing.

I imagine that Mexico City might be like Lima, Peru, in that there are areas that are great for tourists with a little taste for adventure, and then a lot where you're just not going to go. I loved my time in Lima.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post

I imagine that Mexico City might be like Lima, Peru, in that there are areas that are great for tourists with a little taste for adventure, and then a lot where you're just not going to go. I loved my time in Lima.
    Safety-wise, Lima looks like an excellent comparison: https://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare...y2=Mexico+City

I've never been to Lima, but if you enjoy that type of travel Mexico City should be right up your alley. Again, Vancouver is nice, but in my opinion it's a little bland and not a place I would target for a vacation. I would say the same thing about many american cities that I like (Seattle, Portland, etc - nice cities, but nothing that will blow your socks off).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I really can't believe how lopsided this vote is - not a very adventurous bunch!
    Burkina Faso wasn't on the list, so I voted for the other place you are likely to get kidnapped and/or killed, Mexico City!!! Wooooooo!!!! That said, Vancouver isn't a bad choice either.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket