Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jackets' Net

The Great One

Default Re: Jackets' Net

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As I expected, the link is just offering here-say, no direct quote from Bobrovsky. Lebrun states:

It's probably an accurate statement (its not like this is coming from Eklund) but as I stated earlier, it's all conjecture. No quotes and no sources. Until I see Sergei Bobrovsky standing in front of a camera stating he's submitted a list of teams and he's willing to waive, none of us know. This could quite simply be a negotiating tactic from Bobrovsky as well for a better deal.

Not trying to sound argumentative, but this is the way I see it.
    There are so many Bobrovsky stories/recent info on the 'Net and Twitter right now, mostly about the shower incident and that he'd willingly waive his NMC for certain teams, that I can't easily find an article or tweet that mentions that Bobrovsky told Kekalainen/Davidson that he plans to explore Free Agency. That said, even if I could find it, all it would be is a story from a reputable source (like Lebrun), but it would not have a direct quote from Bobrovsky himself. Generally, when I read something from a reliable media source, such as Lebrun, McKenzie, etc., I believe that what they are saying is true. They may not provide direct quotes, but they certainly have reliable sources. These guys don't generally make things up. I suppose you can call that conjecture, but imo reading something from Lebrun, etc. is about as close to a "fact" as we can get. Most of the time, players are not providing sound bites directly to cameras for us to hear, unfortunately. That said, if any player would do that, there's a good chance it would be Bobrovsky.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Panthers could use him, and would have a great chance to resign him too if he wants the beach weather and tax breaks.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    The Panthers could use him, and would have a great chance to resign him too if he wants the beach weather and tax breaks.
    I completely agree. If I were to place a bet on where he ends up, the Panthers would be my top team.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Novice

What do the Panthers do with Luongo (3 more years) and Reimer (2 more years) at a combined massive cap hit? If Luongo doesn't retire (or go on LTIR) than there is no chance the Panthers can take on a 8mil+ goalie

Dobber Sports Star

Send Reimer back to CBJ to split time with Korpi -- average vet and upcoming goalie -- and who knows what happens with Lou. He does look like he's a bit broken down... probably not much of a stretch to report an injury. Maybe a hip (hah!)? Even if the LTIR thing doesn't work out he could still retire and I believe it's Vancouver that would be forced to eat the cap recapture penalty not Florida.

Dobber Sports Novice

I don't think he retires - I think he goes LTIR (Hossa - for example) as not to cause a 10mil recapture penalty with Van.
    Is Reimer enough for CBJ? I don't think so - because Florida is at the bottom and CBJ is near the top - why would they do this unless Florida adds a lot and then why would Florida do this because Bob is a UFA at the end of the year

The Great One

I don't think Bobrovsky will be traded to Florida, but I think he will sign there. Reimer would be the backup and Luongo will retire or go on LTIR. The team could also buy-out Reimer.

Obviously I really have no idea what will happen, but Florida has the cap space and despite having two goalie under contract, I think they could use Bobrovsky.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Can't see the Jackets losing both Bob & Panarin both next season without getting nothing in return. I would expect one to be signed (Panarin) and one traded (Bobs).

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by marsid6687 View Post
    Can't see the Jackets losing both Bob & Panarin both next season without getting nothing in return. I would expect one to be signed (Panarin) and one traded (Bobs).
    oh, I agree. I think Bob will be traded...just not to Florida. I see him being dealt to a contender and then signing with Florida in the summer. Just a hunch. But that'd be my best guess on what happens.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap