Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jackets' Net

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Jackets' Net

This seems to be an important developing story that isnt being talked about much. Bob is suspended a game and now is riding pine and opening the hatch for his teammates while Korpisalo gets game after game.
    Is this the beginning of a parting of ways for CBJ and Bob? Hes a UFA, does anyone think he is resigning? How do the GM and Torts feel about him? Could he be dealt before the deadline for assets to help the Jackets playoff run?
    You dont normally see a top team bench their goalie like this. And you dont normally get a fantasy opportunity to get a new G on a first place team in the middle of the season. I remember Corey Crawford doing this several years ago, I snatched him up and he took me to a title. Could Korpisalo do likewise? He is an FA in my league and I have my finger poised over the add button.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Jackets' Net

I don't have the link handy (EDIT: Pierre Lebrun on Twitter and in The Athletic), but Bobs informed CBJ management in the offseason that he would not sign a new contract with them. He's 100% gone in the offseason and possible to move by the deadline.

Korpisalo should have the reigns going forward, depending on who else CBJ picks up in the offseason and/or deadline.

The Great One

There are a couple of threads on here about Bobrovsky, but to add to what I have said in those threads, I believe Bobrovsky will be traded shortly. There is, imo, zero chance he re-signs with Columbus, and with how poorly he has been playing this year, coupled with at least three incidents of him misbehaving (two missed meetings and the latest incident in which he removed his equipment and hit the showers before the game was over), I'd personally be all over grabbing Korpisalo in all keeper leagues. Korpisalo isn't great, but he is serviceable and I don't see Columbus bringing in another free agent goalie to replace Bobrovsky. I'm pretty certain they will go with Korpisalo next year.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

In all honesty, we are all speculating at this point what is going on and what is going to happen. Rumors and conjecture to say the least.

If Korpisalo is available and you have a viable option to add him, it wouldn't hurt but no one here is able to tell you what is going to happen going forward until it happens.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In all honesty, we are all speculating at this point what is going on and what is going to happen. Rumors and conjecture to say the least.

If Korpisalo is available and you have a viable option to add him, it wouldn't hurt but no one here is able to tell you what is going to happen going forward until it happens.
    It is not all rumors and conjecture.

It is a fact that:

- Bobrovsky has told the team he does not want to re-sign with them and plans to explore free agency.
    - Bobrovsky has been asked for, and has submitted, a list of teams to which he would waive his NMC.
    - Bobrovsky has missed two scheduled meetings (one in the summer and one in the pre-season).
    - Bobrovsky took off his equipment and showered before the game was over, leading to him serving a one-game suspension (even if it wasn't officially called a suspension).

Obviously there are no guarantees, but I believe there are enough facts here to reasonably assume, unless there is a major turn of events, that Bobrovsky's stay in Columbus is coming to an end, especially when you also consider his poor play this season.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Sage

Bobrovsky to Edmonton for 5 years worth of future. Book it!
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Bobrovsky to Edmonton for 5 years worth of future. Book it!
    Love it.

Bob to Edm would completely solve their need for D and F.... makes so little sense, I think they do it! They also need to upgrade goaltending, yet this gets very little coverage.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    It is not all rumors and conjecture.

It is a fact that:

- Bobrovsky has told the team he does not want to re-sign with them and plans to explore free agency.
    - Bobrovsky has been asked for, and has submitted, a list of teams to which he would waive his NMC.

- Bobrovsky has missed two scheduled meetings (one in the summer and one in the pre-season).
    - Bobrovsky took off his equipment and showered before the game was over, leading to him serving a one-game suspension (even if it wasn't officially called a suspension).

Obviously there are no guarantees, but I believe there are enough facts here to reasonably assume, unless there is a major turn of events, that Bobrovsky's stay in Columbus is coming to an end, especially when you also consider his poor play this season.

Where did you read those at? I cant find anything stating those two points other than some people reporting that he's willing to waive his NMC, but I cant find anything concrete.

I found this column (https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019...e-jackets.html) from yesterday that states:

As LeBrun notes, it does not sound like the Blue Jackets have asked him to waive it or presented him with any possible destination, and it’s easy to understand why. The two-time Vezina winner is a huge part of the Blue Jackets hopes this season even if he hasn’t performed up to his lofty standards to this point. Going into the playoffs as a Stanley Cup contender with Joonas Korpisalo as your starter is a tough place to be in, meaning that Columbus would need to replace Bobrovsky with someone else. At that point, unless you’re getting someone with term and upside, there’s not going to be a better rental option than keeping your in-house goaltender.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Love it.

Bob to Edm would completely solve their need for D and F.... makes so little sense, I think they do it! They also need to upgrade goaltending, yet this gets very little coverage.
    No question the Oilers need help everywhere. That said, the biggest need is a top 6 winger, or two. Koskinen has been decent for them this year, and historically teams can occasionally do well in the playoffs even with average goaltending, so as an Oiler fan I prefer them to find a winger or two. The defense would be number two on my list of requirements, but with Klefbom back soon and Nurse and Larsson holding their own, it isn't as bad as it used to be, and landing a top pairing dman is likely the most difficult thing to do in the NHL.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Monster

100% gone this offseason, but I would only say there's a 30-40% chance he's moved in-season. I dont think Columbus will move him with the team solidified in a playoff spot - unless they get a good goalie back in the deal.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

I'm not very good an embedding links, and am heading away from my PC now, but here is one link that says he has provided a list and would consider a trade to a team on the list. The article does say that he has not yet been asked to waive is NMC. I will try to find another one tonight confirming that he has told the team he does not plan to re-sign with them.

https://theathletic.com/769867/2019/...r-right-trade/
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not very good an embedding links, and am heading away from my PC now, but here is one link that says he has provided a list and would consider a trade to a team on the list. The article does say that he has not yet been asked to waive is NMC. I will try to find another one tonight confirming that he has told the team he does not plan to re-sign with them.

LOL! No worries, I will read the link and see what it says.

Dobber Sports Deity

As I expected, the link is just offering here-say, no direct quote from Bobrovsky. Lebrun states:

In talking to a few people around the league over the past week, my understanding is that two-time Vezina Trophy winner informed the Blue Jackets months ago he’d waive his no-move for a trade he’d approve and, I believe, provided a list of teams.
    It's probably an accurate statement (its not like this is coming from Eklund) but as I stated earlier, it's all conjecture. No quotes and no sources. Until I see Sergei Bobrovsky standing in front of a camera stating he's submitted a list of teams and he's willing to waive, none of us know. This could quite simply be a negotiating tactic from Bobrovsky as well for a better deal.

Not trying to sound argumentative, but this is the way I see it.

The Great One

He doesn’t want to go to Edmonton. His list of teams will be to contenders and heavy on warm tax free states....
    Hmmmmm...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Novice

I see Dallas, Ottawa, Arizona, Colorado, St. Louis, and New Jersey being suitors for him in the offseason - wow, that's a lot! Even Detroit is a possibility. A lot of teams need good goalies.

As for trades to contenders in the next month?- Dallas (maybe), San Jose are the only ones that I think would make an offer