Thread: Need the next young goalie ASAP

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Need the next young goalie ASAP

In a Salary Cap league. Have a good team - but my goaltenders are killing me. Somuchso that I am desperate.

11 teams. Goalies valued quite high. 2pts for a win, 2 for a SO, 0.1 per save, -1pt per GA. Most wins net you 2pts or more at least. Loses are usually 1pt to -2pts depending on how bad they got lit

Anyways. My goalies are (and it's a keeper/salary cap league - so i'm committed to their contract unless RFA or UFA)

Raanta (Out season)
    Crawford (Out season?)
    Allen
    Koskinen
    Hutton

I need the next young kid who will be good. I commit to their contract for the duration and then have the option when it ends. ELC are valuable because they can be stashed on the farm with no waivers.

Options remaining are :

Delia (Chi)
    Binnington (Stl)
    Ullmark (Buf)
    Korpisalo (CBJ)
    Hill (Ari)
    Brossoit (Wpg)
    Halak (Bos) - not young, but is an option

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Need the next young goalie ASAP

I like Ullmark, I think his path is a bit more clear to #1 soon and Buffalo is poised to be a good team for a while.
    12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H League - Limited Keep 3
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+, IR
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits --- W, SV, SV%, SHO
    ------------------------------------------------------

C: Barkov, Stamkos, Hintz, STREAMER
    LW: Guetzel, Fiala, Forsberg
    RW: Rantanen, Kempe, Coleman
    D: Hronek, Letang, Harley
    G: Oettinger, Shesterkin, UPL
    IR+: Theodore, Andersen, Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Initiate

For the season I think Delia looks to be the best bet. Binnington should get 50%... Ullmark is a wild card.. all depends on how Hutton is doing.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Jedi

short term Delia
    wild card - Binnington
    "safest bet" to take over #1 - Ullmark
    2nd "safest bet" Korpisalo - if Bob walks... the net is his (baring signing some other G)

None of these are what I would consider Safe bets.
    Nothing like Carter Hart in Philly
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

You have Crawford and Allen so the no-brainer choices are Delia and Binnington so you won't have to sweat how the starts break down on those teams. Korpisalo looks a good option to split time with Merzlikins in Columbus next year after Bobs inevitably leaves.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    You have Crawford and Allen so the no-brainer choices are Delia and Binnington so you won't have to sweat how the starts break down on those teams. Korpisalo looks a good option to split time with Merzlikins in Columbus next year after Bobs inevitably leaves.

I would guess that CBJ signs a better goalie than Korpisalo with the extra $$ they are leaving off the books. A decent crop of UFA goalies on the market (Varlemov, Talbot, Howard, Smith, Kinkaid)

I am leaning Delia or Ullmark - only because Stl goes through so many goalies and Husso, while not having a great season, is a high-level prospect in STL

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    I'd pick up 3 goalies and drop one. Drop Koskinen and pick up the handcuffs -- Delia, Binnington and Ullmark to match your already owned Crawford, Allen and Hutton.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I'd pick up 3 goalies and drop one. Drop Koskinen and pick up the handcuffs -- Delia, Binnington and Ullmark to match your already owned Crawford, Allen and Hutton.
    Can't drop - as i've committed to him for the season (when his contract ends). I only have 2 spots left so I can technically grab two goalies, and I don't think i'll go over the cap

Problem is - if I do get them - they take a roster/farm spot until their EL contracts are up (or in Ullmark's case, this season)

Dobber Sports Ace

I think Delia and Ullmark are worth the farm/roster spot.

Delia could easily be given the chance to be the guy in CHI. And Ullmark is already proving himself the long-term answer in Buffalo. I feel less confident about Binnington.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Pawtucket View Post
    Can't drop - as i've committed to him for the season (when his contract ends). I only have 2 spots left so I can technically grab two goalies, and I don't think i'll go over the cap

Problem is - if I do get them - they take a roster/farm spot until their EL contracts are up (or in Ullmark's case, this season)
    Can you make a trade in this league? If so the Talbot owner has to have a hard look at Mr. Koskinen.

Also, Is this a daily or weekly start league?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

As has been said, the guys that make the most sense are the handcuffs, plus the guy who has the job as soon as the GM deals the guy the coach apparently hates:
    Delia (Chi)
    Binnington (Stl)
    Ullmark (Buf)
    Korpisalo (CBJ) - not on a ELC, apparently

I'd try to move Koskinen or somebody else on your roster that's expiring for a bag of pucks, and grab 3 of these guys, and if you can't, then grab two. If you're desperate, it doesn't matter if they take up too many farm/roster spots.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.