Thread: Bob and Rittich

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bob and Rittich

First team in sig I have been running Hellybuck and Rittich(not in sig) for the past 3 weeks and have been winning my matchups including beating 1st while I'm in second. Would it be safe enough to trade Bob for forward help?? Dont want to lose this year and be stuck with a non starter in a start 2 next year. Will I regret moving bob???

Any help is awesome.
    10 Team Full Keeper.
    Goals:3, Assist:2, PPP/SHP: 1, Hit: .2, Sog: .2 ,Blocks: .2
    Win:3, Shutout: 2, Save: .2, GoalAgainst: -1

Forwards: Gadreau, Monohan, Draisaitl,
    P.Kane,Pastranek,Panarin,Bergeron,Voracek,Kuznetso v,huberdeau

Defence: Hamilton,Doughty,Josi ,Ghost

Goalies: Bob,Helleybuck,Rittich

Farm: Kratsov,Q.Hughes, Suzucki, Whalstrom, puljarvi

Head to Head points based. Keep 3F,2D,1G
    Goals2,Assist1,Gwg1,Hatrick3,ShG1,SGWG1,Pim.2,+/- .5, Ppg1,Shg2

F: Gadreau,Ehlers,Johansen
    D:Risto,Parayko
    G:Vasilevski

The Great One

Default Re: Bob and Rittich

If you are asking if it is safe to bank on Rittich being a long-term legit starter, well...I'm sure as heck not comfortable saying that until I see him sign a contract that gives him "golden boy" insurance. And FWIW, I can't see myself keeping Rittich over Bob next year (unless Bob's in the KHL. Or Ottawa lol).

The Great One

Default Re: Bob and Rittich

I'll be honest...Rittich is starting to interest me and it wouldn't completely shock me if he signed an extension with Calgary. That said, the Flames would be very smart to wait a bit longer to see how Rittich fairs down the stretch and especially into the playoffs. If he plays well to close out the season, I think he will be re-signed to a nice 3-year contract with a reasonable cap him, allowing Calgary to sign a veteran backup (perhaps someone like Ward, Mrazek, or Kinkaid) for one or two years until Gillies is ready to assume the backup role and challenge Rittich for the starting job.

On the other side of things, we have Bobrovsky who has overstayed his welcome in Columbus, and will either be dealt or allowed to explore Unrestricted Free Agency. Where he ends up is anyone's guess, but he will almost certainly be an NHL starting goalie next year. This is not something guaranteed with Rittich.

I would certainly grab Rittich in most leagues, just in case it all pans out for him, but not at the expense of a guaranteed starting goalie, like Bobrovsky.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98